Problem Lots of shimmering and jagged lines in VR (Oculus)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by BrianU, Jun 16, 2019.

1. BrianU

BrianU New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a pretty good computer and a 1080 gtx and run with vr -2.0, steam vr SS between 200 and 250%, 2x MS in nvidia control panel, high quality, 4x or 8x AA in-game, but no matter what I still get lots of shimmering and jagged aliasing in VR. Any tips to get rid of it?

2. rom_rs

rom_rs Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
  3. Daniel Finney

Daniel Finney Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Never mind the shimmering, I would love to know what your frame rate is like running that supersampling and those settings! I'm struggling to get past 150% in Steam VR with low quality (no shadows), no nvidia MS and 4x AA in-game. Running an i7-6850K @ 4.5GHz and a GTX 1080 8GB. What's your magic?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BrianU

BrianU New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use RRRE mainly for playing vs AI since I think they have good behavior and I love the amount of tracks on offer which all work with AI. So i lock my frame rate to 45 FPS and with ASW on the Rift it doesnt bother me much, looks the same as 90 fps to me unless I look out the side window which I rarely do and even that's not too bothersome. Staying at 45 FPS rather than 90 FPS lets me pump up the graphics as well as play with more AI