Released 5th June 2019 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Going back to the FR90's ffb, like many others the ffb is very low, but what I have found personally is, it's only low/weak when using a round rim, in my case the Fanatec 918 rim, so tried the Mclaren/F1 formula rims today and the ffb is far better, probably to what I would expect, so it's kind of wierd that I don't have that much difference normally between the 2 types of rims.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Wheel diameter and weight would make a difference rather than shape, obviously. What I found is that on standard settings or just higher there is absolutely loads of feeling coming through the wheel, like when the car is squirming around on cold tyres. I had to turn up the ffb as it just felt so different to everything else in game though. Bear in mind I only have a g27 which struggles with higher ffb anyway.... I feel that if the new ffb that Alex eluded to can keep some of this delicate info whilst also providing a stronger overall feel then it's going to be a winner. The ffb in r3e is already brilliant, I drive most of the other sims now and again but r3e is the one I go to most because it just feels convincing. Even on a low end wheel I get the right cues to trick my mind into believing I'm driving rather than playing a game. The only other that comes close for me is automobilista.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    @Arthur Spooner well now i wanna
    @Arthur Spooner well now i wanna know which of the three it is :D
    Can definitely rule out no 2 cuz i just undid and then redid the one thing i tried in the geforce experience and that didnt make any difference at all.
    Regarding no 3 i made a little video showing how i do it :D

And as for no 1 this picture is all i really know. Does that happen to scream shite nvidia gpu?

Attached Files:

4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Nico Kunze the nvidia graphic in your laptop is better that the Intel onboard but still unfortunately pretty awful. I used to get stuttering in the background videos when I ran the game on my laptop and that has better graphics capabilities than yours. In game I got about 40fps on mainly low settings, it was drivable, but only just. As a comparison, I now use a desktop pc I bought 2nd hand and put a gtx1050ti in it (still not a high end card) and I have most settings maxed out and get a steady 60fps (vsync) which is in contrast amazing. I only paid £300 for the desktop and upgraded card. You can get much better performance for not massive money but you are pretty limited on your current laptop. Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I can remember being blown away by Taito's Speed Race (see pic in my avatar) in 1975 !!!!

OMG I am driving a Formula 1 car !! It seems so real - it's really hard so the physics must be spot on! :D

The game was basically raining F1 cars from the top of the screen and you had to steer side to side around them. The video below is of the 1974 version. The one I played was in colour - green.

It cost 20c for 3 minutes or $4.00 per hour in 1975 dollars. In today's money that's $40 an hour!! I have played 913 hours of RaceRoom - at that price it would have cost me today's equivalent of $36,520 to play SpeedRace for that long. :eek:

That's why I chuckle when people moan about how expensive RaceRoom is.

You see, back in my day...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
  7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    In that case you must already be running on the Nvidia chip as the Intel graphics on your cpu would no way perform that well. You do seem to be getting decent performance from that system. Regarding the cooling, I never found laptop coolers to do much. A few degrees saving at best. Your CPU should throttle back if it starts to hit critical temps so I wouldn't worry to much....it is what it is really. It's amazing that laptops do what they do when you see the coolers and fans in a desktop case!

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Good to know i guess :D
    Yup 4 degrees is all it gets me. Better than nothing i guess but id hoped for a bit more
    Well thats what i wanna avoid. I need full power :D

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Lol. I don't think a blown CPU would be much use to you either!

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well obviously but itd be dope if it just stayed below a temperature where it would need to throttle back :D

11. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes, your video shows you did it right. And your picture shows that your nVidia GPU is...well...not really suited for any kind of gaming. On my old laptop I had a GT 740 M and, yeah it was better than the Intel GPU, but still meh. And it still was one generation newer AND one tier better than yours. But even if your nVidia GPU is not that great, it surely is still better than your Intel GPU.

But please keep the profile inside the nVidia control panel as it is VITAL to actually use the nVidia GPU as I pointed out before. You CANNOT achieve this with with GeForce Experience. GeForce Experience only shows the games that are natively supported and known from the start. And you can only "optimise" these games from there. RaceRoom is NOT one of these games and AFAIK other games CANNOT be added there.

If you want to know how much your nVidia GPU really brings forward your FPS, you must look at some kind of FPS-counter. Either the one integrated into Steam or the one you can enable from the GeForce Experience. Then you can en- or disable the use of the nVidia GPU from the profile in the control panel, start the game and load a certain replay for example. As the content shown in a replay stays the same no matter what, you can compare the FPS directly. But no matter how much (or little) FPS you gain, at least the image quality of the nVidia GPU should be superior as it usually is a lot better at filtering textures and stuff like this compared to Intel GPUs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Always have the fps counter on and loaded and drove in a session for a bit with and without the profile in the panel and thats where my "no noticeable difference" came from (and that means while in the pits literally not a single fps and while driving nothing where id be like oh at this part of the track or with this many cars around me i had more/less fps. Still gotta drive so i wont notice 1 fps but if it were like 5 i wouldve seen that).
    Dont know about image quality but i guess ill do as you say and just keep the profile

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Since you seem to be well up on this sort of thing are there any particular settings in Nvidia control panel or Nvidia inspector that can be changed to give improved performance/graphics? I'm on a 1050ti 4gb with standard settings and only graphic options in game to deal with AA etc. (It's running in OC mode so should be giving me full power, I don't want to start overclocking proper though, to technical for me....) I get generally good performance but it seems to be my cpu (i5 3470) being the limiting factor as gpu usage rarely goes over 50%.

14. Daniel Finney

Daniel Finney Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Funny you mention F1GP, my very first game as a (very) young simracer. Some of the names for the AI opponents in the new FR90 pack looked very familiar and, upon further investigation, it looks like Studio 3 have used some of the fake names used in the F1GP game. A very nice touch!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Tough 30 years later this is senior racing then! :)
    Formula Senior Raceroom so to say! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Now, the incident is lapsed, i can tell that i feign a illness on my military doctor, when it was relesed. 1 week hardcore F1GP :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Zziggy Welcome to the old gits racing club.

18. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Unknown.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    When it says "680 BHP@ 12750" in the store, what does it mean?

20. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0