Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I'd like us to implement that at some point.

Our Group C cars probably won't get it thought if we're keeping with historical accuracy. TWR got in-car boost adjustment banned in '86 or '87, arguing that it wasn't fair as they couldn't adjust the power of their NA V12 mid race.

• Informative Informative x 7
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    What type of encoder and board are you using in there? I fancy making something similar for brake bias. I have some rotary encoders on my self made button box but they don't have much resistance to them....(too easy to turn)

3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Perfect!

I always use CTS288 rotary encoder, you can find them here: http://www.simdisplay.net/Encoder-CTS-288
    or here: https://www.arrow.com/en/products/288t232r161a2/cts (they are the same, don't care about the wrong product image). They have an very nice "click" and they are very durable.
    I've just used an aluminium box, a cheap boost controller from china (ebay), everything is conected to my buttonbox with a DSD 32-button no matrix board inside. As i buildt my BB, i had some free connectors left and just soldered some cable to two GX16 aviation sockets for "later projects". You can find some more infos on this here (in german, but more pics):
    https://www.pcars-forum.de/thema/10234-die-bastelecke-ist-wieder-geöffnet-dampfrad-für-ac-und-ams/

4. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Light cloud, heavy cloud, light rain, heavy rain, dynamic sky. Rain effects on cars and windows...don’t forget the wipers..

• Like Like x 1
  5. OmCitaro

OmCitaro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I hope we could drive 24h because I want to do the 24H of Nürburgring with friends and, because we can only do that (with AI) in training mode, there can't be any qualifications before, that will count for the real race. It could be nice to do Sim Racing 24H in parallel with the real ones.

6. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Did you do a training session of 24h?!

7. OmCitaro

OmCitaro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not yet but I will try. I don't think there's a limit in this solo mode.

8. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I think the limit is 24h in a practice session ;)

9. Beef36

Beef36 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to turn off motion cues when in replays?

Is it annoying to watch a replay where the D-Box motion platform keeps operating throughout the replays. It means I have to sit inside the sim rig for all replay viewing, else my motion chassis walks if I'm not sitting in it.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You would probably be better talking to whomever makes the motion software. In the same way that simhub can be set to ignore tactile feedback during replay I'm sure the motion software could also ignore motion cues during replay.

11. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    They can look at the shared memory which mentions when the game is in replay.

12. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I'd like the possibility to show a Full track map on HUD instead of the "zoomed in" one we have today.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MJRL_PT

MJRL_PT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    More inputs for device, I bought a Leo Bodnar bbi 64 to make a button box, and only have 32 inputs working it's OK with other games, this problem will also reflects in Fanatec wheels with encoders like the new formula and McLaren wheels

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    Let's release the chain connected to Gr.C-Car.
    It will soon become a beast.
    Especially Nissan is a monster that has reached an estimated 1200ps.

15. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if there’d been a mention about the UI. For a single race, after selecting car/track combination, the position of the ‘continue’ buttons (at the bottom) and ‘drive’ button (near the top) are ackward. Is there a plan to reorganize this, and perhaps put them close together? Moreover, can we lessen the number of continue buttons (better just put the car lineup in a single screen, than currently where only 2 are shown per page)?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  17. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Just some astethics: Control the amount of spectators or change the amount of fans depending on which session you race (Practise, Qualifying, Race). I know you can sort of do that by changing the track detail, but then the track sometimes doesn't look that good anymore.
    I want a full crowd at Hockenheim when I'm racing with my FrX-17 and just a couple when I'm racing with the NSU TTS... Or even turn it around, would look funny ;).
    The developers could add a scale from 'empty' to 'extreme full'. This will cost a lot of performance, but for me this would be worth it :)
    Greetings

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I think that hidden liveries should be added to the AI selector.

This does not mean that I (or anyone else who would agree with me here) would want to buy these liveries.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    If you want an idea of what I mean (for newer players or other people who may not understand what I'm talking about), I found this very useful website.

http://chatcureuil.fr/r3e_livery_selector/?classId=1703 (This is a list of all the GTR 3 liveries, you can select which class to view here).

If you see a small "S", like the one I have circled here, this symbolises that it is a hidden livery that you cannot see in the RaceRoom store.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    While were on it, does anybody know the purpose of these liveries? :D