Resolved FRX-90 Front slipstream

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nir Tal, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Hi

I race X-90 in MP the other day in Paul Ricard 1A and in the long straight i had the car behind chasing me and getting closer. As it got very close, i got faster by ~8KMH, like i was in slipstream of car in front of me, but there was no one in front :D just behind...
    i can extract a video from the replay if u need

2. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    It seems logical; as the car behind gets the drag you had before it entered your slipstream, you go faster.

That's why you see 2 cars go faster than 3 or 4 in Nascar races (I think this effect disappears at more than 2 cars).

3. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean you gained or lost speed ? Gained 8klm per hour or lost -8klm. If you gained , then that's normal. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Nir Tal

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Gained :rolleyes:
    more like 12kph

5. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    No bug there . :) two or more vehicles can race faster when lined up front-to-rear than a single car can race alone. The low-pressure wake behind a group's leading car reduces the aerodynamic resistance on the front of the trailing car allowing the second car to pull closer. As the second car nears the first it pushes high-pressure air forward so less fast-moving air hits the lead car's spoiler. The result is less drag for both cars, allowing faster speeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Nir Tal

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    What are you saying ? That slip stream will not help the car behind gain more speed and be able to overtake as a result ?
    Do u need me to give you a list of RL slipstream overtakes in Youtube ? come on...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    It does help of course, but it can also help the car in front too. As explained by Heath. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    No, he says that slipstream helps both cars, but it normally helps more the car behind, which can overtake with the speed acquired in the lasts meters before changing its line.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Nir Tal

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    ^^ But thats clearly not the case here. You can see in my replay the car behind couldnt pass bcz the car in front gained same speed

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    The car behing may use more downforce. In this case, it is possible to catch the front car but not to overtake it.

11. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @Paul Darke can you mark this one resolved , no bug here , thanks :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1