What steering wheel/s are you using right now for sim racing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Jun 16, 2019.

?

What steering wheel/s are you using right now for sim racing.

Poll closed Jun 26, 2019.
  1. Thrustmaster (any model)

23 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Logitech (any model)

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. Direct Drive (OSW any model)

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Fanatec (podium direct drive)

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Fanatec (belt driven)

22 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. Game pad/ Controller (any model)

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. Accuforce

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. Leo Bodnar

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Simucube

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I have a direct drive wheel, lol, guess what? I also have a VR headset, and i am as annoying as fk!
    But DD, no going back, just the same as VR, no going back, damn thats so annoying :D
    Had to say it cause it dosnt get said that often from what ive seen :eek::p:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    No need to apologize my dear VR friend. :) I've seen a lot worse.
    There's this dude out there that is highjacking every comment thread on bsimracing (and sometimes on racedepartment) and tells his amazing stories about his AccuForce and his VR headset and his buttkickers and his motion plattform and what not... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Just want to say that Sim Racing for me is like living a dream.
    If someone has told the little FormelLMS 30 Years ago (while he was playing with many many toy cars around the christmas tree) that he would sit in a few years in a digitalized car and could drive it with a wheel with feedback from the road and pedals and so on, this little charming guy couldn't have sleep for ages.

So I can only say: A dream come true for people like me, having only cars in the head and petrol in the veins and not so much money in the purse to drive in real those cars. Especially, and thats the point, since VR and DD. The next step is really this damn f*kn buttkicker thing^^

• Like Like x 5
  4. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I use a Fanatec csr with a rim mod Made by myself and im pretty happy with it!

5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am not car or racing enthusiast, but I love driving simulators. Anything that uses computer and screens with a few pieces of hardware is something I enjoy the most. Flight sim is good too but there is no FFB :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Lol, sry but this is unintentionally hillarious for my taste, total overkill :D. Absolutely satisfied with some good old fashioned simracing fun, never intended to apply to NASA, or to constantly puke while driving, my goodness :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Might not want this for my casual driving but it does look fun to me for some reason :D

8. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Possibly. If I could devote time to racing again, who knows. For now, I don't miss what I've never had.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec/Heusinkveld.

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    For flight sims incl. Old School WW2 dogfight action it might be cool - tho I don't wanna know much you have to pay for such a rig (incl. practice room/workshop, cause neighbors might get crazy in a regular flat :D)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I’m pretty middle of the road and have a Fanatec CSL elite with the Mclaren rim. Had it for about a year now and it was certainly a huge upgrade from the cheap Thrustmaster T150 I had before. The CSL has been amazing - I’ve never tried a DD wheel, so I don’t know what I’m missing, but I’m more than happy with my setup and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade from an entry level TM or Logitech wheel. I do also have a cockpit though, so things are very rigidly mounted, which I think is pretty important and often gets overlooked.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Right now I'm using a Fanatec CSR with the basic non-loadcell CSR pedals. I definitely want to upgrade in the future. I was thinking of getting a CSL with the CSL loadcell pedals, but I kind of want to get off the Fanatec train. Plus I believe getting a CSL to replace my CSR would mostly be a lateral move, and not an upgrade. I've got some time. I'm going to save my pennies and make a move when all is right.

13. gpellis87

gpellis87 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    TS PC wheel, using the formula rim at present, but have a couple of others (Sparco, Ferrari). Use the T3PA-Pro pedals modified with load cell.

• Agree Agree x 1