A few thoughts on the GTR3 class (and offline racing)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I’m not sure if anyone noticed, but there are some lovely new liveries for the GTR3 class cars in the store - there are now 60 for the existing 6 cars, with presumably at least the Nissan and Corvette to be added to the class at some point. Some of my favourites include:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I presume that this soft launch is because a GTR3 pack is being worked towards, so I thought I’d jot down a few musings. Please don’t take this as a list of demands, it’s just some personal preferences that I decided to have a ramble about :)

First off, I’m really looking forward to it - I gave in to the GTR2 pack recently and it’s this style of car that I believe the platform is perfect with and this is a case of real life being massively beneficial to the sim racing landscape (as a result of BoP). It’s clear that you’re working your way towards grids of larger sizes too, and I anticipate having a lot of fun with this at Bathurst, Spa and the Nurburgring.

The liveries that you’ve been previewing and including are also of superb quality, with some great choices that really highlight the global nature of GT3 and cover a wide range of series. With Alex Koda being involved I know the work will be exceptional and I can’t wait to find out what others you’ve chosen to include.

1. This pack is likely to highlight the random nature of selection of cars. Fortunately, a lot of the liveries will be more varied than the GTR2 pack (so unlikely to race against 6 works BMWs!), but if racing in small grids it’s going to be very difficult to race against your favourite liveries/cars. A tool (even external to the main game) that allows custom carsets to be built or just to deactivate specific skins from single player would be incredibly useful for tailoring this experience.
    2. This one is for my own immersion, but where you have a selection of liveries, it would be good to see the works cars being ahead of the others. This doesn’t need to be anything other than better talent files for those drivers, but that the works BMW Z4 is the slowest of the AI cars in Project CARS I find to be a real immersion killer.
    3. It would be superb if you would be able to implement the GT Masters driver swap feature into the main Raceroom base for this pack. GT3 races are usually multiple driver affairs and frequently have drivers of different abilities and attributes teamed up together. In doing this, you would be offering an offline AI experience that I don’t believe has been managed elsewhere.
    4. I know you’ve mentioned that it’s being considered, but I do hope the Mustang GT from the US Nationals class finds its way into GTR3. It would be great to be able to compete against its eternal rival, the Camaro.
    5. Finally, I know this one won’t happen, but thought I’d try anyway. The series that you guys have recreated, such as ADAC GTM and WTCC, are very immersive, partially due to them all having a level of consistency and you really feel like you’re driving in whichever field it may be. In these cases. I’m aware that the licenses you have for these skins probably forbid this though, but it would be great if these skins could all have a ‘Sector 3’ number plate or similar.
    Anyway, apologies for adding another thread to the forum, but I was just rambling to myself and thought I might as well jot it down. Now I'm off to dig up the 'liveries you'd like to see' thread...

• Like Like x 11
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I love this post Rodger. I am hopeful that we get a GT3 pack soon as well and I want the Mustang GT in it as well as seeing the Nissan and Corvette added.. I really enjoyed driving the Nissan GT3 in the ADAC 2013 pack and have been reluctant to start the 14 since I don't have Godzilla to drive in it. I think the current GT3 Class would fill out well with the addition of the Mustang, Nissan, and Corvette. Just let us know S3S. I always keep 2000 VRP's in my cart at the raceroom store just in case I need em in a hurry.

• Like Like x 3
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic suggestions @Rodger Davies, I'm very excited for a GT3 pack with the Nissan and Corvette bundled in (maybe others? Some kind of RUF GT3?). We need bigger grids of 30-40 cars and an AI livery selector is absolutely essential.

This could be THE best GT3 experience with a few more cars and some basic core features. I'd love to be able to run some Blancpain Endurance type events with the AI.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    !!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Beware what you wish for, that Mustang is an awful thing. I'm inclined to think it's driving model could do with some work as it's no match for even the GT3 Camaro, let alone the others. Good post though, I've still got fingers crossed for the Bentley Continental GT3 that was very competitive in this year's Bathurst 12 Hr. One can only hope eh?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Those skins are nice....as i have the ADAC 2013 pack, the prices are good on the GT3 versions...how about moving the Nissan in there....and the Mustang too, its lonely ( and purple).

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely agree with you, especially about the bigger grids but, lets let @Sector3 get the game working properly and get more players on-board to fill those extra grid slots first, BEFORE we start giving them anymore ideas lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm talking about AI, hence the livery selector and being able to pick which cars form the grid.
    ;)

9. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Please, no, do not change the Mustang from it is.
    It is actually one of my favorite car.
    And yes, it is no match for a GT3 car, but that's the point, it being modeled after the real-life one in the (old) GTD class.
    Now, yes, it does feel a bit lonely. But, maybe can hope for Sector3 to bring some more competition to this class

• Like Like x 1
  10. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It would be better off as a GT4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I am definitely looking forward to the GTR3 pack. Hopefully we will get more new cars too to add to the GTR3 roster.

Maybe Bentley GT3 or the new 650S GT3?

• Like Like x 1
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    And a GT3 Ruf!

I like the Mustang too.
    But I never drive it because it's the only one in the class.. .

I'd say,
    Move it to GTR3 or bring more in and make a GTR4 class!! And do it Fast! (Oh, make some more nice liveries to it as well):)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I feel about the Mustang the same way I feel about the Quattro. Love the car but its not fun to drive against 23 other Quatro or 23 other Mustang in Single Player.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yup, the Audi 90 Quattro is my top down favorite in the game!!
    But I have high hopes on getting an epic GTO Class to race some day! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    More GTO cars would be nice, indeed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I picked up the Mustang yesterday in hopes that it will soon be added to another class. Fun car to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Its is possibel to see this cars. its great add the big GT3 class

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Licensing nightmare unfortunately.

19. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Maybe interesting to look into a license with this series and get the Lambo in the game that way? I need this!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Assetto corsa have it.