Released 10th July 2019 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    AfaIk this render was created just before we realised this stance bug (rear stands way too high here), which got corrected and the car should not look like this when driving. I assume they'll create a new render when time allows for it, especially as there's another one that needs to be redone. ;)
    They're actually switching to an advanced method of creating these renders, including new scenes, lighting etc. That's why they look a little different. Which style do you guys prefer?
    Never say never. There's no solid plans so far afaIk, but that doesn't mean much. For all I know, WTCR is pretty popular so it would make sense to try and get more TCR series, maybe even with some additional cars.
    GT3 RUF is still on the same physics as all other GT3 cars, but Alex is working on an overhaul for the whole class. Of course it will also receive a new default setup in that wake, doubt there'll be a new setup for the "old" physics.
    New, more detailed recording. That's all I know, I'm sure Anthony can shed a little more light.
    AI is constantly being worked on, this time is no different. There are still some issues that seem to have snuck in lately, but there's also been some nice improvements. Stay alert for more AI improvements in the future, I hear they're working on sth good. ;)
    It's a wide-/triple screen issue we are aware of but couldn't reproduce so far. You can try to back up your documents folder (rename Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience) and then start the game (it will create a fresh documents folder). If this doesn't fix the issue you can delete the fresh RaceRoom Racing Experience folder and rename the backed up one to "RaceRoom Racing Experience".

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Very good job Sector3.:D:D:D From today my favorite car is Lynx & Co. The fun of driving this car gives is amazing. I am glad that You finally managed to separate the sound of the engine and transmission. I hope that in the future there will be a sound update of the rest of WTCR cars to the level that Lynx currently represents.

P.S. Is there any chance that the weaker FWD series with a manual transmission (Kia Picanto Cup) will appear in the future?:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Lots of good updates here - but one sorta being over-looked.. All the Fanatec wheels are now compatible!! 128 buttons and the rotary nobs work - plus traction control levels can be set per level!! This alone will bring me back to RaceRoom.. Already purchased the 2019 touring cars... Certainly more entertaining to drive than the 2018 cars.. I use to go in hot and scrub speed by adding too much steering input.. Which is a dumb way to drive but was effective.. Now throttle off steering, aim, feather on.. Much improved and far more fun..

nathanw

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Great sound updates on the Porsche’s. So excited.

Cup car was also my favorite and I’m still testing the new update. I’ve noticed that there seems to be a bit smaller window before you lose it under rotation but it’s still fun. I think it’s a touch more challenging to drive now.

Great job on the physics though. This car has been special for a while now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Very nice update. The new porsche updates are a true blessing. They sound soooo good now, and the cup car is a joy to drive. Funny it's one of my new favorites, and when it was first launched I really did not like it. Also wtcr cars feel really good. Good job S3

But on another note, the AI I feel have for a few months gotten progressively worse. I didnt use to get bumped off track as often as I am now. Really frustrating.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. jamesleegte

jamesleegte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Morning all. Yesterday’s update has broken VR! I’m massively gutted by this as I love raceroom. I have turned down launch vr from -2.0 to -1.0 and all settings are low except car texture and I have contact shadow on four. I can race mid Ohio but as soon as I cross the finish line it crashes. At spa I can’t even get to T1 before it crashes with eleven cars. If I restart the race from pause menu then half the time yep you guessed it, it crashes. It’s crashing steam vr, oculus vr and gives my rift S the orange light and I have to reset oculus and steam vr programmes. All my other sims working perfectly in VR - AC, PC2, RF2 and dirt rally on medium to high settings no problems. I’m using a 2080ti and overclocked i9 so it’s definately not my pc, it’s the update from Wednesday! The game was running perfectly until the game relaunched after Wednesday update. Please can you guys look into it please as I love raceroom in VR! Well I loved it last week not so much now haha many thanks James

7. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What extra buttons?

8. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Those buttons.

At Spa no problem on my side. Did two 30 min sessions yesterday, with the Bentley GT3 and the Lynk & Co and everything worked as normal.

9. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil since you're the sound developer I have a question for you. Does overall sound quality from raceroom get a big improvement by using an external DAC or internal dedicated sound board? For me the sounds kinda fall apart when there are many sounds happening at once, like on starts when the are many engine sounds coming at once. I also have a fairly cheap gaming headset that could use an upgrade. Just thinking of maybe combine that with an DAC or sound card. Thanks

10. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Will there also be a sound update for the Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MR ?
    As there´s am active challenge this would be perfect for me - my neighbours may hate me ;-)
    S.

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Cool.. I had a great time yesterday.. they AI is already the best I driven against.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    May I just point out that 911 GT3 R feels different in terms of handling, physics and tires.....and... it is absolutely BRILLIANT!!! About the sounds, no need introduction......the best!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The GT3 physics haven't been changed though....placebo?

14. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I swear something is slightly different about 911 GTR 3 in terms of handling and it is awesome. I've been flying through Bathurst like never before. Also my personal record 2 sec faster :D

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Which from the 2019 would you recommend? I just select a few from packs, as I don't tend to drive all them.

16. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Just let everyone have their fun :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    @Turtle Power
    it's the positive effect of the new sounds

What is your Time on Bathurst ?

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    definetely the old style if I had to choose between these two.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Unable to choose for now, may be try them all for free and then decide which one you would like to start up with? And then get accustomed to it before picking up another one, my tastes seems to change the more I drive cars...

20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I normally buy everything but that has to stop. Lol. The game will start to become very costly.
    Nevertheless a nice pack and I will choose the one I love the most and do with that. Perhaps with an upcoming sale I will buy the rest.

• Like Like x 1