Released 10th July 2019 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @jamesleegte Asked around and so far no other VR user has come forward with performance issues. I did notice that Microsoft rolled out some Windows updates yesterday, maybe your PC was downloading/installing those in the background which resulted in decreased performance? I'd suggest to check for Win updates and reboot your PC.
    Also how is your VR setup, are you using Steam VR?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Just played with my Rift (Ryzen 5 1600x, GTX1080) and it ran as usual. No performance issues noticed. Runs butterly smooth with medium to high settings. You could run the Oculus Debug Tool to determine if their is excessive lag or dropped frames etc. And maybe check nVidia Settings if there is a profile for R3E where it sets the power usage to a lower level. The power usage settings on anything other than no powersaving destroys R3E fps performance.

3. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    It does . I gave it a blast before I went to bed at RedBull Ring. The whee weight feels heavier but yet still just as responsive. I was having such a good time diving it not paying enough attention to the track and more attention to the new sound I totally bombed the first corner apex sausage curb and rolled :D.

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just want to take the chance and point this out to all the people who usually avoid the free cars. Previously the Silhouette cars were rather unstable under braking, which has now been sorted out, including some FFB improvements.
    Give them a try if you will, they should feel better and more manageable now, almost like a junior DTM class.
    We'd be interested in your feedback regarding those changes.

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Being a crap driver from memory 2:04:43 with 911 gtr3 R

• Like Like x 1
  6. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am having a blast like never before. Porsche never ever been my fav car but this time sector 3 and all involed in this project nailed it. Cheers

7. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I only play in VR and did not notice any difference in VR yesterday. Running a vive pro and steam VR.. Also running a 2080ti..

8. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    An external soundcard will usually provide a sharper sound, a better signal-to-noise ratio, and an increased polyphony, all thanks to its dedicated AD/DA converters, compared to the onboard soundcards.

The drivers management is also important, so this is something to consider carefully before buying an external sound card.
    aswell as the compatibility with others hardwares (speakers, gaming headsets etc).
    Regarding the drivers and software management, some onboard cards (mostly in the high range motherboards) will easily equal some low price external sound cards.

So, you'd rather go for some proofed hardware from the market leaders, even if it costs a few more bucks, that will avoid some disappointment.

Now, regarding the external sound cards themselves, there are two main kinds : the multimedia external soundcards, and the professional audio interfaces.
    The multimedia card will usually provide all the rings and bells, surround channels, extended connectivity etc, but from average to pretty good converters (which also depends on the price ofc).
    The pro audio interface will provide better converters (and a better sound) but it will only feature the standard pro connectors (jack or XLR) and won't always support surround channels.

With onboard soundcards, the polyphony (and therefore the capacity to handle many sounds voices at a time without audible distortion) will mostly depend on your computer specs, so they can easily get overloaded if the PC memory is already very busy with the graphics in exemple.

The multimedia soundcards are usually better suited for a gaming usage, but if you're on a budget, I would advice you to invest in a proper headset first, which will immediately enhance your gaming experience.
    Also, the distortion you hear with many cars at starts might be a consequence of your headset not handling the main volume.
    The external sound card will then be the cherry on the cake, providing a more precise audio and a dedicated hardware ressource.

Here's my headset selection (not cheap but excellent audio, extremely comfortable and very strong hardware that will last for many years):
    STEREO ONLY (NO MIC) :
    https://www.thomann.de/fr/beyerdynamic_dt770_pro80_ohm.htm
    STEREO + MIC :
    https://www.thomann.de/fr/beyerdynamic_custom_game.htm
    STEREO + MIC :
    https://www.thomann.de/fr/beyerdynamic_mmx_300_2._generation.htm

You will also find a great choice of headsets from Sennheiser (some of them featuring surround) :
    https://fr-fr.sennheiser.com/micros-casques-de-jeu-pour-pc

Have fun ! ;)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Just to avoid confusion: does this mean that only the Peugeot's relative performance needs to be adjusted, or despite the matching car names, all 2018 models are on the old physics atm? (Otherwise, we could use the 2018 liveries on our servers too).

10. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Done it on Mid-Ohio in the Canhard. Had a good time in the race. They are very planted right now. Much (too much?!) downforce. Had the car on Traktion Control 3, no chance to spin them, all i got was understeer and went straight out of the corner. So you still have to be patient with the throttle.
    Compared to the 911 Cup i tested before they felt lifeless, but thats easy, bc the 911 is alive like a squirrel on extasy.

But yes they drive like little DTM, you can throw them around without having constant "oh sh*t" moments. Good cars to learn tracks.

About the 911 Cup: I noticed something strange on Red Bull Ring. The 911 Cup drives like on soap on this track and i have a weird mushy FFB (CSW 2.0). Drove Nords before RBR on leaderboard, everything was fine good sharp FFB and predictable behavior of the car - nothing strange. After RBR i testet the 911 on Hockenheim with the same settings (singleplayer/raceweekend) and the car drove normal like i expirienced it on nords.

11. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    After doing 2 races with the 911 cup at Most, i did a couple of laps with the 911 cup at RBR and i don't notice any difference. Physics and FFB feels normal on RBR.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Strange, have to test it again tomorrow. It felt like under throttle i have a deadzone on the steering wheel and in the corner the back comes too fast. None of these issues on other tracks so far.

13. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    bug:

The dash in-game overlay resets to default positions when changing sessions (qualy -> race etc). very very very annoying

14. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have to say that the ai in this update feels worse than before. I do a lot of races at Imola with the GT3:s and the latest updates has been great. A lot of fighting but very litte rear ending and stupid mistakes by the ai. I just tested to do a few races and restarted the races after a few laps to see how it went and every time it was the same result. The ai seems more aggressive with the result that they drive into me from behind and in each and every corner they overdrive resulting in spinning and causing yellow flags. The ai before was so great and it has been massive steps forward but with this update it's got worse in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This mirrors my findings on Imola, the latest AI struggles there a bit. So we're aware and I'll keep pestering the devs about it, promised. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just had a quick go with the Porsches. Very impressed with that sound!

Bizarrely the first time I launched I was able to do so without updating (I didn't think that was possible) and I still had all the old sounds/physics. After forcing an update in steam the new stuff was added....

17. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Christian for your reply. I'm delighted to hear that you are aware of the problems and constantly trying to improve the ai. For about a year ago or so I was quite critical about the ai in RRRE but then something happened and it got better and better. Recently I've been totally amazed how good it's been and have had so many fantastic races. My friend (who like me been into sim racing for nearly 20 years) and I have been telling each other that this sim has the best ai racing we ever experienced. The ai actually race each other. Leaders change all the time, if you pass an ai car they come back and fight you instead of just give up like is the case in other sims and the awareness of other cars including you as a player has improved a lot. So I hope you can get back to where it was before this update and tone down the aggressiveness a bit. Seeing the ai spin of in each and every corner ruins the experience. I am fully aware that programming the logic of ai behaviour and especially when you have so many classes is not an easy task but the way is was before the latest update was brillant as far as GT3:s is concerned. So again - keep up the good work and keep on pestering ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    As soon as I noticed this render, I thought it was a sign of what's to come.

Maybe that's true?

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What we've found so far during the latest testing is that the AI seem to struggle with certain corner types and then go erratic, exceeding track limits on exits and such. This is a bigger problem on some tracks and a lesser one on others. Imola is one of my go-to AI testing tracks cause almost every corner is a challenge for an AI, particularly Tamburello, Aque Minerale and Rivazza. We will keep investigating until we find the reason why they struggle in these critical turns now, because I agree it wasn't the case previously, so sth must have crept in over the past few months.
    While that's no excuse I do want to point out that they don't struggle nearly as much on other (wider) tracks, Ilke Slovakiaring f.e.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Do new WTCR cars use some kind of different shaders? They seem to look a bit better than 2018 ones. I'm talking about actual ingame cars, not store images