What I miss about Raceroom after switching to rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boremar, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    The WEC race at Spa '19 had everything in the first 30 minutes: starting in sunny conditions, a couple of laps later it started pouring down, followed by snow, hail and fast dropping temeratures. :D

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Boremar

Boremar Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gpellis87

gpellis87 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I love rFactor 2 - great game. iRacing is great for online, but the content pricing and time commitment makes it hard (I just had a new baby). Looking for more AI racing to go with rF2, I bought all the Race Room content while on sale. I find the graphics of rF2 to be top notch on the latest content - Race Room doesn't look as great (probably needs to move to dx11) but the sounds are superb.

The biggest thing I find myself missing from rF2 is actually something like log analyzer. When a race ends, there's basically zero statistical information other than where you finished. Same with championships, there appears to just be standings and that's about it (I didn't test much because I only did a 1 reason championship to see if statistics showed differently). I would love something like log analyzer in Race Room. I've been looking, but nothing seems to really replicate it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am a little bit surprised about this comment? Are you for real

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Really enjoying both now that I've tried a bit more of rf2. Only thing I find weird in rf2 is to almost never lock up front, especially in open wheelers...

7. gpellis87

gpellis87 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes - I'm not here to pimp rf2, I genuinely enjoy Race Room, but rf2 has some solid graphics on new content. 66369761_2326465344104616_2310226092058738688_n.jpg 66079959_334552607432612_9076265683230130176_n.jpg

To me, it looks better than Race Room, but I'm sure it's all subjective and in the eyes of the beholder.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Is this Le mans 24h?

9. gpellis87

gpellis87 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    This is Imola, one of the Reiza pack tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way, when selecting cars, to display the class (ex. GT3)? I have the GT3 pack but as I dont memorize all them, I have to scour through the car names list. In that race (from your photos), how did you select the cars (AI I assume) to participate, is there a single class to include them all? Sorry, I just got used to R3E UI which shows all GT3 cars together.

11. gpellis87

gpellis87 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The UI is my biggest pain point with rf2. There's ways to do it - such as creating your own mod package, etc. It's all quite cumbersome and annoying. I went on Race Department and downloaded entire skin packs for the GT3 cars (I think by Ace King) and as part of the skin packs he has GT3 filters included for each make, so I select all of those specific filters to fill out the field.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Agreed about the UI. Not from this era.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    In other games I feel like I'm playing a game. Like I'm driving a sim that is supposed to be this or that.
    Raceroom is the only title that makes me feel like I'm really racing. Like GTR2 did.The other games just feel like they are so technically trying to do something. R3E feels soooo natural.
    It's also the only sim where I really feel like (because I am) managing my tires by the way I drive. Trying to make them last while keeping the AI behind me battling to the end. No other game does this for me like R3E.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you in terms of Raceroom "feel like I'm really racing". I feel the same and love it. However, I cannot compare it to any other sim except AC. I am yet to try RF2 and PCars 2 and see how that goes. Talking about AC, the only thing I like is the road surface (fake or not it feels pretty good). I don't get this in Raceroom with OSW direct drive. According to the consumer wheel users, they can feel road surface.

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I can second the point on the Leaderboard - that's the main thing I miss in rF2 from R3E. I also absolutely love the fact that R3E is based on real world series - to me R3E has the best content all around. However, thanks to semi-open nature of rF2, that experience can be achieved in rF2 as well. Abovementioned Ace King skin packs really bring S397 content to life, I didn't race official stuff until packs became available, but now I finally enjoy official content.

16. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    When I switch to another sim (which only lasts for about 10 minutes before I switch back) the thing that I miss are
    • Awesome sounds
    • FFB is amazing
    • Graphics are crisp and clean and don't kill my fps
    • The huge variety of content
    • The challenging AI and adaptive AI
    The only thing I don't miss is the dumb ai problems which plague R3E
    • Been rear ended in the DTM class
    • The AI vehicle roll overs on some corners on certain tracks with certain class of cars

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    AC with the shader and sol mods is just a very nice sim as well. I like the GfX more than the GFX of RaceRoom. Raceroom has dull colours. Mostly greenish and light brown. The colours are less vivid.
    Nevertheless RaceRoom is a great game.

18. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    He he, ten years of technologic progress make a big difference for sure. In this regard, R3E is barely comparable to any racing game on the market :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Increasing colour saturation in either your video card settings or on your displays will help with this. Although my personal preference is the slightly dull look, it's more realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I made a custom preset on my TV witch i only use for R3E. It's very easy to use and you can change anything you want.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1