Released 10th July 2019 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 10, 2019.

1. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    The only electric car in the game so far is the VW ID.R, which you can't actually buy
    Yes, I am aware that the ID.R will be in the store soon.

However, it was mentioned that there would be a second round of the challenge, and said that the car would be in store by that point.
    The first round ends in 15 weeks, so I wondered why that part of the game code was put in so early.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure they have been sorted out, now turn in is very poor so it seems it´s gone too far the other way, at least for my liking.
    Would be good to have the diff power and coast settings adjustable on these cars to finetune them to personal taste.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you're using the default setup and not some custom setup from before the update.

If the default setup is too understeery for your liking, try giving it a little less toe-in in the rear.

5. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Loving the Cup car.

6. BillyBobBongo

BillyBobBongo Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Carnage on T1 at the Red Bull Ring

Should probably caveat this with the fact that my next race was perfect, not a single AI player pushed it too far. So it seems to be a bit of an intermittent problem.

2019.07.13-09.47.png

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yup there are a few tracks that have this problem :(

8. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Working on it! The WTCR AI cars should behave much more similar to player cars over curbs soon(tm)

• Like Like x 5
  9. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to interrupt the party but THE sim racing expert is not satisfied with the updated Porsche cup car:
    Sounds and physics of the Porsche must be updated ASAP!!!

Personally, I love the way this car drives. What impressed me the most was the behavior when accelerating out of corners. Feels like I'm dacing with the car, it's so alive now. Good work here Alex. The new sounds put a wide smile on my face. Good work there too. All in all I'm not sure what Mr. Wisenheimer is smoking but what do I know. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately a lot of people get tricked by the AC/ACC versions that have ABS. Braking is extremely difficult in these cars which is definitely reflected in raceroom. It’s a challenging but rewarding car :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Who is he then? Never heard of him....

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I was not really surprised when i saw this comment came from Leynad. He is THE most famous sim expert on the net :rolleyes:

Here an other famous comment from him (2 days ago) : ".... I started driving Raceroom in early 2015 and so far i can't feel significant physics-improvements on a core-level....."

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gpellis87

gpellis87 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    In the full layout without the chicane I believe it's turn 4. The right hander after the long straight. Someone will often hit the curb and flip into the field with the 19 cars, yes.

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    What's the 991.2 Cup?

I have the Porsche 911GT3 R (in GT3) and the 911 GT3 Cup, what are their differences, pls?

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If you run triples your HUD could be on any of your screens, mine has appeared on the left and it's bloody annoying as it's not possible to move the chat or any relayed messages such as TC or BB. :rolleyes:
    I'm guessing that is because my left screen is number one in the nVidia driver, pre making the three as one.
    This sucks to buggery, can't reprogram an old dogs brain like this, either let me move them or put it all back, seriously can't be arsed to go back and set up my surround vision guff again, actually have everything working a treat, I know damned well that you don't fix something that I didn't break, :p is there not a work around? This looking left for info malarky is not on old beans. :(
    While I'm here may as well mention I was dropped back to pits mid turn, mid race yesterday, no warning, just back to pit menu.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I notice he hasn't been on here and mentioned anything. :rolleyes:
    Is he worth Googling (don't mean stealing his private data), is this chap a Utuber or Twitcher?
    Lot of people rave about rF2 but very few use it, AC is having a renaissance with Sol but is inevitably doomed, ACC is suffering from choosing the Unreal engine, AMS is in stasis til Christmas. Not really too many options if you're choosing now, to take up Sim racing, well apart from the obvious, iRacing is not a Sim but a leasing company, for a golden era, some fingers need removing from some arseholes, as it appears we are in limbo.
    I'm not saying any of the major players are crap, they're all rather good in fact BUT apart from here, it's all a bit chaotic. o_O
    Bloody good job ETRC gets released next week, that I am looking forward to and hopefully it may fill the chasm created by others dithering, not really complaining, just think this would have been a great time to release GT3 :rolleyes: in a finished, fully functioning state, defo a hole there that could be filled. :)

17. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The 991.2 is the technical name of the second gen 991 models from Porsche that started production from 2016. Both the 911 Cup and GT3R in the game are 991.2

18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I found similar info from wiki too. But I’m somewhat confused with what’s in-game. Are you saying they’re the same, 911 GT3 R (GT3 pack) and the 911 GT3 Cup? I’m guessing not as the latter was more difficult to handle, while the former was a typical GT3 (lots of grip and easier to drive). If so, in what way are they different?

19. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    The 991.2 means that they are both modeled off of that version of the Porsche 911, ofcourse they are very different race cars, because they are modified to race in very different regulations.

20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I'll search for their differences. Does R3E have some kind of detail specs page for cars?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019