Released 5th June 2019 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jun 5, 2019.

1. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.

2. KlaraLein

KlaraLein New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not only the drivers names are more or less the same, but also the team names and the engines. I just played F1GP two days ago because the names "Kurt Langer", "Carlos Sanchez", "Henri Latour" and "my" driver "Andre Lux" (no. 14 in F1GP and no. 34 in RR) sounded so familiar. What a flashback to some childhood memories... Thank you, Sector 3.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rac0R84

Rac0R84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    does anybody knows when the next update is

4. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    10th July 2019 Patchnotes
    Screenshot - 10_07 002.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  7. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    It wouldn't hurt to post the patch notes here too, dear devs. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. treborvxr

treborvxr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wtcr 19 will be good will be interesting to see what's been done with the physics

9. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I assume that the cars will have the same physics model as the cars in the FR X-90 Cup.

10. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0

11. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    from discord

Update details
    Download size = ca 860 MB
    Client version = 0.8.0.6577
    Client BuildID = 3998534
    Dedi version = 53.0.964
    Dedi BuildID = 3998571

New content
    - Added the WTCR 2019 car class with 7 cars and 26 liveries.
    WTCR 2019 benefits from new and improved physics. The 2018 car class will be updated to match in a later update (required BOP for the Peugeot)

Game
    - Now allows to bind up to 128 different button ID's on a controller.
    - Now allows to bind each traction control preset individually instead of only Next / Previous TC level controls.
    - The HUD notifications (aka "butterHUD") can now be moved around as well using the "move&scale HUD elements" binding.
    - Increased the rear view mirror y-resolution.
    - Prevented the HUD position bar from automatically scaling to gigantic sizes on ultrawide monitors by limiting its width to 1920px.
    - Changed the default steering lock value for Mouse controls from 8 degrees to 13 degrees
    - Slowdown penalties and giving back of the time illegally gained have been reworked. Added a progression where the more penalties you have received, the longer the penalty will get. Each clean lap will reduce the penalty count by one.
    - Change so the Pit stop menu elements such as Preset and Tyre Compound selectors no longer wrap around when trying to go beyond the last possible choice. (Meant to improve the voice commands in the popular CrewChief app)
    - Possible improvement for players reporting issues on the game menus (cursor flickers, video freezes, etc)
    - Fixed a broken start procedure of a leaderboard challenge on Stowe layouts.
    - Fixed rev LED's that were not lighting up on Logitech steering wheels
    - Fixed a case where the messages about switching modes for LED displays were not always clearing
    - Fixed a case where the "delayed start from pitlane" message wasn't clearing when french localization was used.
    - Fixed so the MiniHUD can now be moved further on ultrawide monitors

Content
    - WTCR 2019 has received new and improved physics. The 2018 car class will be updated to match in a later update (required BOP for the Peugeot)
    - WTCR 2019 features a new bodykit for the Alfa Romeo
    - WTCR 2019 features a new steering wheel for the CUPRA TCR.
    - Porsche 911 GT3 R - New cockpit sound recordings with separated transmission and engine channels.
    - Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup - New cockpit sound recordings with separated transmission and engine channels. Improved external sounds.
    - Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup - Updated physics and tuned dampers. Suspension geometry is now more accurate.
    - Saleen S7R - New sound recordings for both cockpit and exterior
    - Silhouette car class - Made cars a bit less tail happy under braking, improved FFB
    - Cadillac (GTR2 car class) - Fixed the default final drive being too long at Spa-Francorchamps
    - GTR1 car class - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - GTR2 car class - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - Aquila Cup - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - Audi TT Cup - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - Audi TT VLN - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - Hillclimb Icons - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - BMW M235i Cup - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - WTCC 2013 - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - WTCC 2014 - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - WTCC 2015/16/17 - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - Zonda Cup - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM 1995 - Tuned dampers and Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
    - Paul Ricard - Added one additional TV camera in the start/finish straight as the elevation was hiding the cars at race starts.
    - Red Bull Ring - Resurfaced and made a higher resolution HUD track map for the GP layout.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I don't know why those Patchnotes goes directly to discord and not to the forum.
    For me this is the first place to discuss about raceroom. Here are many members, helping with bug fixing and so on.

I really dislike this.

So why this board, when discord is preferred and most used from S3? There are many things, we are not aware of, when not using Discord.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As always, the according update thread as well as the patchnotes post will be posted here once the maintenance flag gets lifted. Don't panic, you won't miss a thing. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like great update. I will test it tomorrow

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I second @FormelLMS sentiment, S3 forum is the place to post things first, we're the ones who deserve to get the initial bitchin' in.
    Tiz a forum and not an over the fence gossip site presumably.
    Plus if I enable Discord on my phone it just continually barfs posts and drives me daft.
    Couldn't even read @J-F Chardon screen grab above as I can't find my glasses because I've not got glasses to find my glasses with and buggered if I'm sitting reading the screen with a Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass, not that I can find that either.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  16. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    You can turn on notification on their #annoucements #changelogs channels and turn off all others and you'll be first informed without other disturbance :) I'm starting to really appreciate Discord though, a complementary tool.

17. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Back to topic...
    Oh man first time to have a proper long online session with the FR90 V12 and must admit that things were a bit scary at first on the ring :D but after getting the hang of it, it was a blast. The physics & ffb are unbelievable. Freaking awesome job guys. Thanks for the hard work.
    Really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to adjust the map for it to stay fixed or rotate?

Can you show a sample of your view in-car w/ that ultrawide monitor?