Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    This livery was given as a prize to people who competed in a competition after the release of Sepang in late 2017.

I don't know about any of the others, although some of these skins seem to be linked to specific sponsors.
    For example, some of them have "KW Suspension" sponsors on them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    KW suspension is the company that own raceroom. These liveries have most likely been used in special events, been used to fill out the roster before other liveries came along or have been discontinued due to liscenseing issues. I for one would not be a fan of seeing 10 or more ficticious KW liveries on various cars show up in my races....

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Some of them were (or are) special event or competition liveries, some were created for special partners, like the Sidney Industries RUF f.e.
    upload_2019-7-14_21-34-52.png
    If you got enough money and a desire to have your very own livery in the game, contact RR and I'm sure they'll figure sth out. ^^

• Like Like x 1
  4. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Before the Multiclass selctor, it really hurt when, for example, creating a FrX championship. You would count the liveries available, then think 'Oh, so when I add 19 opponents it will work. All teams and all drivers.' Then, you start your first race and notice that one guy is missing but that Petronas boy is in it :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick answers everybody although im still not fully satisfied :D
    For those that arent linked to competitions etc whats the point of creating a livery and putting it in the game when nobody can drive it and if always using the ai selector will never even see them (albeit that the selector hasnt been around for long)?

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I can definitely put in an official request to make them available in the selector.
    No promises tho, no idea if the agreements or sth else would prohibit this, but if not I'd also think this would be a welcome and worthwhile addition.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    1- full course yellow
    2- Safety car
    3- different tyre compounds for more cars (would be great along side the upcoming flat spots)
    4- dynamic track temperatures
    5- Swap drivers
    6- Marshalls waving the flag

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Would be good to be able to select the HUD display skin on a car by car basis. The DTM 92 cars for instance, all have the really basic one I don´t like - many free cars have better ones.

9. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    What necessarily do you mean by this?

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The hud's are a representation of the real in car dash. You get what you get in that respect....

11. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Selected AI level (manual or adaptive) available in shared memory so that SecondMonitor can make gud use of it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I mean the one you get in the bottom right corner of the screen with external cam. There are about 4 or 5 different skins.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yes I get what you mean. That is just a copy of the in car dash/display as it appears in each car. It can't be changed as it is obviously linked to the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Don´t see why the skin can´t be selected as a preset. For instance all the 92 DTM cars have the same skin. I prefer the blue digital one on the Cougar Silhouette and would like to be able to select it for any car.

Tried editing the car files like I would have done on AC, but they seem to be encrypted.

15. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, modding (or changing game files) isn't something you can really do on this game.

16. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Well, the new formula cars actually have 34 skins (11 V8, 11 V10 and 12 V12 cars).

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Is there anything you do like??

• Like Like x 1
  18. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Considering that this was a quick brainstorm, I highly doubt it:D.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What's
    ?
    This is a fair opinion imo, and one you don't have exclusively either, but that doesn't mean everone would agree. It's not like this hasn't come up in the past, but when we did have car packs that contained "team" liveries, i.e. two or more liveries that didn't differ much, quite a lot of people were complaining about the fact that they have to pay for what's basically the same livery twice if they want to buy the complete car or class pack.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Fx90 is the series, the V8, 10 and 12 are cars within it. They all race together. As did F1 cars with different engines of that period.