Fanatec CSL Elite Pedal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BasicBlaq, Jul 18, 2019.

1. BasicBlaq

BasicBlaq New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi

I have Trustmaster TX wheel and pedal set. I am looking at purchasing the Fanatec Csl Elite pedals in a month or two and was wondering if comes with the coversion adapter to run it with the TX wheel. I am looking at purchasing a Fanatec possible a year from now so I thought I would be easier to get the pedals from now and upgrade my wheel when the budget allows me to.

2. StepUnique

StepUnique Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Can't tell you anything about converter from Fanatec to Thrustmaster, but Fanatec sells an additional USB adapter for 25 €, which will be seen by your PC system as a separate device. This will work great with most sims, but can be a problem with arcade racers, which support only single device at a time.

3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    CSL Elite has his proprietary cord AND an USB Cord.
    Running mine with direct USB. So no problem on this.

4. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    To clarify, the standard CSL Elite Pedals only come with a cable to connect directly to Fanatec wheel bases. In order to use them as a standalone USB device on PC, you need to purchase the ClubSport USB Adapter.

Alternatively, you can choose the CSL Elite Pedals LC (or add the Loadcell Kit separately). The load cell upgrade has a different control box that has built-in USB support (and an included USB cable) so the ClubSport USB Adapter is not necessary.

5. BasicBlaq

BasicBlaq New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So if I purchase the CSL Elite Pedals LC it already comes with its own USB adapter cause that was the one I was looking at purchasing

Thanks for clarifying that as I wasn't sure

6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Oups, than sorry for my wrong answer.
    I've installed LC Kit before the first run.
    Sry!

7. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    BTW the CSL Elite wheelbase is a really great piece of kit. I bought one a year or so ago (with the V3 pedals, admittedly) and it's excellent, very very happy with it. The only problem is that you keep wanting to add to it, so I bought the Mclaren wheel (also excellent) and am eagerly eyeing the BMW rim too. On the positve side, I at least don't feel the urge (yet) to upgrade to a DD wheel, as the CSL is so good :)