App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I have parameters set so when I click Start, it runs R3E automatically. It works and runs Steam and starts R3E, but it runs in 'monitor' mode. What parameter(s) do I need to add to make it run in VR? (3rd option in Steam, I'm using TIW's OpenComposite). My current parameters are: -login <name> <pwd> -applaunch 211500

2. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    maybe someone can tip me. I have set under preferences to automatically start raceroom when crewchief launches but this is not working anymore. is it just me or is this a common problem? I had this working before but I formatted my PC and now this feature is not working anymore. not big deal start manually the game but I liked it automated.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You just need to make sure that CC is pointing to the correct exe file for the version of RR you want to run (usually 64bit)

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Just to clarify, with "Run Immediately" checked, should it start the game when CC runs, or only after I click Start Application? I have a couple of games I use with CC, so I'd like to set CC up such that the game starts only when I click Start.

Also, is there a way to edit the list of games, as I don't have some of them installed and would like the list shorter. Thanks for the wonderful app!

5. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    thanks, my link was wrong and somehow I missed that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten

On the trackmap (and timing grid) what does it mean when a driver is displayed in red? Cant find any info in the wiki about this....

7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I've tried the "how much fuel for xy minutes" thing on a server with fuel enabled. But even after ten laps, Mr CrewChief told me that I don't have that data.

I have to admit, that it was the first time, I've tried that with an older car, normally driven GT3, DTM or Porsche Cup and there Jim had all the data everytime.

Yesterday it was the E30 Touring Car Classic.

Was that as expected?

8. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    After asking crew chief at the end of the qualy on how much fuel do i need for xx minutes and set the exact same amount of litres (probably a mistake); with 15 minutes to go, i received a message from crew chief saying that the fuel looks tight and I won’t make it until the end of the race. Lift and cost for three laps at the end (was 2 seconds off pace) and ended with 0.2 litres left.

- is it possible to get an answer on how much fuel is needed until the end of the race at any point during a race (didn’t work for me or i might be missing something?)
    - Why isn’t there any enough data just before the start of the race? If there were practice and qualifying sessions then the data should be preserved (?)
    (maybe a minimum of two laps or something must be run as a pre-requisite for the data to be preserved for the next session if this is not already implemented)
    - does crew chief calculate the excessive fuel and tyre wear in servers when set x2 or more?

This might be an enhancement request if possible :)
    - pit stop(s) strategy recommendations would be great if crew chief can estimate the fuel needed or no fuel is required and which tyre should be changed as a recommendation.

Any help or clarification is appreciated
    Thanks in advance.

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Do you have that setting ticked that only allows realistic data? If so, on older cars like the touring classic there was no car to pit telemetry so cc would not be able to tell you that as he indeed did not have enough (any) data on fuel use.....

10. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981
    Hm, okay. I really don't know, because I've not set this feature.
    Then if it is the standard, it's ticked on.

Is this found in the normal crew chief settings?

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's in the properties tab of CC yes. I think it is unchecked as default so that maybe rules it out but maybe check anyway? Can't remember what the setting is called exactly but all the settings are described in there

12. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What HUD is this ?

Regards
    S.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the fuel request issue above, are you sure fuel was enabled in that session? If fuel use is switched off you'll get a 'no data' response

15. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Hey Mr. Belowski
    Yes, it was enabled.

16. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hi mr_B,
    Any chances you look into the API ? or is it something you wont do, as your not reacting to my messages.
    Let me know.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski might be me but I still can't work out how to remove games from the list, can your try to explain in more detail pls.

18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Just enter some text representing the game you wish to show, (ex. acc, rf2, r3e, assetto corsa, ams). He suggested those to me, so I'm not sure what/how valid text's spellings are recognized :)

19. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if this was a Q to my message but if it is then let’s break things down to make it clear and hopefully to shed some light on what’s going on and maybe get a clarification to set the record straight and correct any assumptions i have.
    Qualy: after doing some laps and asking crew chief how much fuel do i need for xx minutes (at the end of qualy session), all is good the data is there.
    Race: before starting the race, there is always no data but i’d assume that there should be some from qualy session(?) but that’s not the case (or am i missing something?) Is there something else that needs enabling for it to work just before the race?
    Having said that before doing the mandatory pit stop, the data is there.
    Thanks in advance

20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The fuel consumption data get cleared at the start of the race session so until the app has gathered consumption data during the race, you won't get sensible fuel responses

• Informative Informative x 1