Any thoughts on a new Gen Ryzen 3000 and other computer stuff?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Turtle Power, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I've watched many reviews and banchmarks/ gaming performance and found that high end Ryzen vs i9 9900k is closely matched. An i9 has little bit better performance for gaming. However, when it comes to the production performance, Ryzen shines over Intel and it beats the crap out of it.
    I will go with intel (only because I always used Intel and feel more comfortable) unless the cost is significantly higher. We shall see the price drop from intel side since Ryzen is better value for money.

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Is it advisable to turn these on with the stock cooler? Because the peak temperature can be pretty high on the 3700X with the stock settings already so I'm not so sure about it. Everyone recommends the Noctua DH-15 for the new Ryzens, but judging by its size it would be a pain in the arse to install it into my case.:D

Anyway, I only bought 3200 MHz RAMs, maybe that was a small mistake, because according to the official recommendations, the sweet spot is around 3600.

3. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    I also bought 3200cl14 memory, overclocked to 3600 :D and yeah I have a dark rock pro 4 cooler, even with that completely overkill cooler it goes to 70c in stress tests, 7nm makes the heat really hard to get out of the cpu quickly, and I have the lowest end chip..

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    I think I found quite a good benchmark to test potential raceroom performance :D I've been using Unigine Heaven in dx9 mode, on the lowest res (640x360) on ultra. This completely eliminates the GPU bottleneck for pretty much any mid-high end GPU, so it really is about CPU performance. With my 4770k@4.4 and 2400CL11 DDR3 I got 278 fps average, with my Ryzen 3600 with just pbo (no autoOC, about 4.2ghz), with 3600CL14 DDR4 I got 348 fps average! :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0