Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Thiim is an expert in real driving. His commentings on sim driving I do not take that serious. Too often I heard him saying something that showed that he did not even know some of the basics about sims. So take his words with a grain of salt. That he acts like a wild casper in his videos does not make it better. Jochen Seyffahrt, another reality pro, also is not that deep-digging expert for racing sims, but at least he knows that and admits that occaisonally. BTW, Seyffahrt is one of the pros that give sim drivers repeatedly the advise to stay away form kerbs - and not to drive this aggressively as sim drivers often do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes:

I´m a bit bored as you may have noticed... :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Care to educate me about what is random at hitting a wall? You hit a wall, you're done, that is pretty obvious. Also walls close to race tracks are often the result of necessity, not choice. The kerbs that you should avoid (sausage kerbs) are pretty obvious from their shape.

As you said, kerbs are marking the edge of the track, there are not there to make the car spin randomly whenever it touched it. I just finnished watching the second race of Blancpain gt world challenge on Zandvoort, and surprise surprise, all cars were using kerbs when accelerating out of corner, and noone spun.

I don't get this discussion, Kunos themself acknowledged that their tyre model bugged out on high polygon collision mesh. Cars randomly spinning on kerbs is a bug, not a feature.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Me too as you may have noticed :D

6. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  7. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I dont know what happened to the game, they seemed to spend all kinds of money publicizing the game before release. Now hardly anyone is covering the game, and their forum can only be read by members for the most part. I bought the game, even with the curbs I am faster with the same car on the same track than any other sim and I am not very good.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    that's simply not true. There were one or two (or more :D) problematic kerbs in ACC.

One time in Zolder I suddenly spun when accelerating onto the S/F straight. And in the slo-mo replay I saw that my car unsettled there and lost a bit of traction on the rear wheels.

Another time I spun on Nürburgring exiting the Mercedes Arena. In replay I saw my tyres touching the astroturf that's beyond the kerbs. Astroturf = basically zero grip.

But in general:
    Kerbs are naturally more slippery than the tarmac of the track.. first thing it's concrete and NOT tarmac like the track, second thing it's painted and the paint is making it more slippery especially in wet/humid conditions. The drivers on Nordschleife sometimes "complain" about the painted parts of the tarmac because they are more slippery.

Best examples for being able to blast over kerbs like they do in reality are Misano and Brand's Hatch (especially Westfield Bend, Sheene's curve and Stirling's).

It could also be that your TC settings are too low when you spin while accelerating on a kerb because it doesn't provide the same grip as the track surface. Try driving with a bit more TC or avoid excessive accelerating on the kerbs.

1. You don't know the TC settings of the cars you see on TV.
    2. You don't know how far they stomp down the throttle when they accelerate on kerbs in reality.

I agree that there were/are some corners with problematic kerbs, but the kerbs were/are not a problem in general.
    It's just overexaggerating when you say that basically every kerb is spinning the car or it's impossible to drive etc.
    If they adress these kerbs that give the tyre model a hard time with an updated tyre model, then people will hopefully be happy.

But again, most of the problems with kerbs are more related to the driver and not the bugging tyre model.

Just a general note:
    People want a realistic sim, but they still don't drive like in reality...they face a "housemade" problem and then blame the sim for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Oh come on, even the developers themselves admitted that it's a bug and they are working on it...

10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Plz read again

11. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But I just don't get it. Why there is always someone who tries to sell even the lamest bugs as some sort of premium features that most of us just don't understand well enough? (Kunos themselves use this strategy regularly as well).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I'm quite curious, whether Kunos will bring the 911 GT3 Cup "Herbie" from Spa 24h with the 2019 DLC.:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    What a beautiful car it is..

14. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    50 years Herbie and its for charity <3

15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There's no accounting for taste, so just my personal pov of course, but ugh, what an abomination.
    Guess it's one of those 'love it or hate it' cases...

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    LoL indeed. I don't like that many cars at all. In fact the only car I would buy if money was not an issue it will be an,

aston-martin-db9-2013-c853617022018235737_1.jpg

Aston Martin DB9.

But the above 911 GT3 Herbie I do like as well. The looks it is.

17. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Finally gave in to giving ACC a chance. And well it is a nice sim.
    Physics and FFB remind me a lot of AC.. Graphics are ok but.. And here comes my question..

My pc is 4years old now i think. See full specs in signature (i5 4690k and gtx970) and i use a 40inch 4k television from Samsung..
    With the graphic settings on low (lowest option) i just make the 60fps mark and it runs smooth, single or multiplayer doesnt make a difference to my surprise..

What should i upgrade and to what to run acc and future simgames including Raceroom on new engine when this eventually comes :rolleyes: on at least medium to high or even epic settings?
    (Not an entire new pc please ;))

Thanks for your advice

18. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    With a 5 year old setup, you're probably best looking at upgrading everything at this point. Certainly upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 if your signature specs are still accurate!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Jup they are still accurate.. Should upgrading to win10 already make a performance difference?
    An entire new setup won't happen i think.. Won't upgrading to a decent new graphic card alone already make a decent difference in performance?

20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Lets face it, ACC is a nemesis for hardware. In my specs, ACC pushes all cores and GPU to maximums (in VR). You need a tech status of lets say not older than 2 years to get it running without compromises. Especially when using VR. The graphcis board of yours is a weak spot in ACC.

Shadows and number of AI cars are tow of the most prominent factors influencing performance. Also night racing and heavy rain.

ACC needs both CPU and GPU power. RAM you have more than enough. But I would consider both CPU and GPU update. Try to get a sale on a 1080, it jight be cheaper now, and get a more modern CPU.

Wiondows alway sis bad, but W8 certainbly is evenj worse than W10. I reocmmend to block monthly updates (needs several measures), and updating it only every couple of months. NEVER update to the latest updates just released, too much crap that Microsoft releases these days. Let others be their beta-testers. I trail behind 3-4 months, and I am running fine.

• Like Like x 1