Problem T300RS Missing Device

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Yogan, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Yogan

Yogan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played this game in a long time. Last time I played it I used a Logitech G29 and worked just fine.
    But since I upgraded to a T300RS Alcantara wheel with T3PA Pedals I can't get it to work in game.
    First off all I can't see the T300RS profile ingame when I start it. So I have to exit the game and enable my device in the "device-statistics.xml" by setting to true instead of false.

So now when I open the game, I can see a device profile in the settings, but it still says my device is missing.
    So anyway, I select the profile and moves over to "Edit Assignments" to hopefully get a manual configuration. But it says "DISCONNECTED" on mostly everything and I can't assign anything to my wheel. I can however assign everything to my keyboard but that's useless.

I have tried to re-install the game and removing all the files with it, such as "SimBin". I´ve checked several times that I have the latest driver for my wheel, aswell as reinstalling it.

At this point I really don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Screenshots attached.

Attached Files:

2. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Try using another USB port. I.e. if you currently using the T300 on an usb 2 port, try it on a usb 3 port, or the other way ‘round. I’ve had similar issues in the past with my T300 and this worked for me.

3. Yogan

Yogan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your fast respond.
    I´ve tried diifferent USB slots, both on the front of my PC and the rear. Still the same problem.
    It works well in other games I play aswell...

4. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
  5. Yogan

Yogan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I read through the thread you linked.
    I re-installed the game on my primary SSD instead of secondary HDD. Validated the game files.
    The problem is still the same.

6. Yogan

Yogan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okey. so I tried using my laptop. Installing the game and the drivers for my wheel.
    Everything work absolutely great. Getting the notification about a new device when starting the game.

So I guess my "solution" will be to reset my whole PC in order to get it working. It's about time to clean it up...