HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey Otter,
    regarding your nick and name I think you come from germany ? ;-)

Yes you are right that I need an internet connection for R3E.
    For me I have no fear regarding scripts that do things that I cannot control or some kind of "calling home".

The idea behind running the files locally for me are only
    - reducing the transferred traffic via LAN/WAN and therefore relieve the antivirus, firewall and router from handling the data
    - increasing the speed of the HUD

You now mention, that the startup needs longer compared to the files taken from your server.
    What is here the background?
    I think my SSD can provide the data much faster than a DSL line that has a bandwidth of 100MBit.
    Where is here my mistake in thinking?

Regards
    Sven

2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 11
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Correct :)
    Better safe then sorry! But this is a web based TypeScript/React App therefore does not even have access to local files
    There is no traffic whatsoever once the Hud was loaded once.
    It stays in the Browser cache and all "Data Traffic" is handled from the localhost (Your Machine) between
    Game API --> dash.exe/CrewChief --> HUD
    You would not reduce any traffic from your DSL line, as there is none, and you will not gain any performance in the HUD from loading it local, instead it would probably loose some performance
    Can't really answer this question, i'm a System Admin, not really a Web Developer, but my best guess is this:
    The HUD is a transparent fullscreen WebPage loaded in the game included CEFBrowser (Chromium Embedded Framework) as top layer.
    As your System doesn't have a webserver running and instead loading the files from the harddrive, the files need to be prepared somehow from the CEFBrowser, including formatting, fonts and such.
    This has nothing to do with the loading times of the files itself.

Moo,
    Otter

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    For consideration in future versions, now that we have the TV tower & can disable the Position bar, perhaps we can have a separate widget for the time & laps remaining (even if initially they’re together in 1 widget), as now they’re still in opposite sides of the screen (w/ the PB turned off). Great work! :)

5. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Still seperating would need a own widget for each of em :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Small update

Just uploaded, not increasing the Version number, will be live from the time of this post, just relaunch your Game

Changelog
    • BugFix Fuel & Lap Details Widget typo made the "Fuel needed" jump down, when the leader crosses the line more then half a Lap in front of you, and jump back up when you crossed the Line after.

• Widget adjustment TV Tower it will now also show Header Logo/Race Info/Pit-Window Info in Round/Lap based Singleplayer Sessions

• Adjustments Track Info Widget 2 corner names corrected
      Zandvoort: Ron Slotemakerbocht changed to Rob Slotemakerbocht (thanks to my Netherland friends!)
      Spa: It's Raidillon ... actually ... instead of Raidilon

• Added a new "Just-White" Function to the Track Info Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default OFF)
      This will remove the Background and makes the Corner Names White instead of Blue
      (And NO, i will not make options for colors and such for all Widgets now, this was a one time gift! ;))

• Added a new "Auto-Clear Data on Session-Change" Function to the Fuel & Lap Details Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default OFF)
      This setting, if enabled will delete the saved Fuel and Time tracking data for the currently running Track/Car Combination, on every Session-Change
      Practice --> (POOF) --> Qualy --> (POOF) --> Race
      Fresh Data any Session you join until the Session changes

• Added a new "Auto-Clear Data for Race-Session" Function to the Fuel & Lap Details Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default OFF)
      This setting, if enabled will delete the saved Fuel and Time tracking data for the currently running Track/Car Combination on Session-Change to Race only
      Practice --> Qualy --> (POOF) --> Race
      This would enable you to use Data from a previous Race in Practice and Qualy Session, so you could use the available Data to plan/calculate/train with it

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 5
  7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to change colours of the time
    If you slower than the lap before it's red and difficult to read is my opinion

EDIT, i sent you some wather (is good with this temperature :cool:)

8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the Water, much appreciated!
    With "time" you mean the Delta i guess?
    [​IMG]

9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have the delta box positioned down at the bottom so it is within the cars dash, if that makes sense. So the red against dark background isn't so easy to read. An option to have it just white when positive and green when negative would be handy. Not a deal breaker though. The app is fantastic.

10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Yep, the delta
    In the race i see the distance to the driver in front in green and white.
    Wich is much better to read
    By the way, can i set the delta time in the race the same way as in practice and qualifing?

11. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it depends on background alot, that's true.
    But green when negative?

Yes, if your leading your class it will show the delta to your personal best lap automatic.
    If you want it to show the delta to your personal best lap all the time, you can enable the "Delta Best-Lap in Race" in the options of the Delta Widget.

For better readability, i could increase the brightness of the red, it is now set to a kinda dark red color.
    However would like to stick with the color sheme cause
    Negative = Red
    Positive = Green
    are the common used colors for Delta's

If your not leading and the delta to the Car in front of you in the standings is shown, the color is always white.

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Huh. Surely green is for negative. IE when you are faster than your best lap.

You even have red as positive in the screenshot....

13. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I see it different
    It's for you positive when you're faster than your fastest lap. Than green.

14. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I put it on the heat, my brain melted a bit.
    Thought you meant positive on the time so delta is +0.2 as example...
    TOO HOT!

I did that now ;)

Moo,
    Otter

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I let you know, it can take some days because i'm going to wait for some snow here to race again

16. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    The new Red is much, much better
    Thanks for listening.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Phantomftr

Phantomftr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I'm having trouble getting some of the widgets with your WebHud to show on my screen. For some reason the following don't show at all: Delta, Fuel, & Fuel & Lap details widgets. I've tried resetting settings and resizing the widgets in the options but they will not show up for me. All the others are working great. Any ideas what's wrong? Thanks!

18. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Delta Widget: The Delta will only be shown, if you already set a time. However you should still see the Sectors (Bars or numbers, depending on your settings)
    Fuel / Fuel & Lap Details: Will only be shown if the Server, or your Singleplayer Session has Fuel usage enabled

When you enable the "Show all Widgets Mode" are they shown then?

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3 it's not something I use but I know people do....chat. Is there any way to grab the messages as they appear and put them in a chat box?

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    And for my next daft question.... Assign buttons/keys to make certain elements visible/not?

Edit: while I'm here.....when I enable show all widgets to rearrange them, when I turn it off they are still visible, so I have to go and uncheck them again.... Is that as it should be?