Resolved cant start the game

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nico Kunze, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    cant start the game. im stuck on the desktop screen with the small r3e box showing but dont get any further than that. i get a crash dump when it happens so ill attach those. did a windows update yesterday and wouldnt be surprised if that causes the problem but i have no idea what to do about that..
    any help would be appreciated :)
    Edit: did the steam game files check just to get that outta the way and everythings fine there

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    some more crash dumps in case anything ive done since then has changed something

Attached Files:

3. StepUnique

StepUnique Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Your crash dumps indicate that the source of the problem was in the executable file of the game, i.e. RRRE64.exe.

4. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried to shut your PC down and then turn it on again? ;) Jokes aside, this happened to me a few months ago. Next day, everything was fine again. Maybe you try to run it in 32bit. Do you run WebDash or Crew Chief? Maybe he causes the problem (He maybe didn't want ya to cut the course anymore...) If it doesn't start tomorrow and the S3 team can't help you, try to get your saved files (Setups and stuff) out of the memory of Raceroom and save it somewhere. Then, start the sim completely fresh. Might be harsh, but if nothing helps, this is the way to succeed...hopefully (Do not blame me if I'm wrong, Nico :confused:)
    Greetings

5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I have but with me it still wouldve been a good thing to bring up in a serious way :D

Dont run anything else. Could give 32 bit a try but wont do so until tomorrow and who knows maybe everythings fine again then anyways :D
    Will wait quite a bit until i reinstall r3e but if nothing else helps ill give it a try some time

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately the problem didnt disappear yet :D
    I could get it going in 32 bit tho. Is there any noticeable difference while playing between the 64 bit and 32 bit versions?

7. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Try delete the 64bit exe then verify files tru Steam

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Just tried that but the result is the same

9. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Yes, of course: The 32 bit version includes Brands Hatch GP and the 16 bit one has rain and day/night transition ;) :D
    To be serious: I sometimes start the game 32 bit or 64 bit without even noticing what Is selected. It just appears in the first loading screen and I'm like 'Oh, ok, fine'. I don't see any performance or graphic differences. But that's really not my topic, I just don't feel a difference.
    If there is, please let me know, I wanna feel stupid :)

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well then ill go and search for that 16 bit version :D
    Drove for half an hour in the 32 bit version and didnt notice anything either. But i only drove alone and on a track where i dont know what my normal fps numbers are so nothing certain either

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Managed to uninstall the latest windows update and now everythings working again

• Like Like x 1
  12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It must have been something else, it can't be related to the Windows Update.

13. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Why not? I drove, then installed the update, then turned off the pc and the next day i start it and ree didnt work. The moment i got rid of the update everything went back to normal
    (Unless youre being sarcastic, then ignore what i just wrote :D)

14. tritonion

tritonion New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you use MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner Statistics Server? For me it also happened in the time after that last Windows update was installed, but I have isolated RivaTuner Statistics Server to be related to the problem and disabling it fixed it. Others have reported that rolling back their Nvidia driver fixed it, but not for me. I did not try to uninstall the last Windows update and reenable RivaTuner Statistics Server yet to further isolate the issue, but if devs would actually be interested I could try it. It can't be coincidence that so many people had this same issue over the last week.

15. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    No msi but i do have rivatuner installed. Dont knowingly use it tho but who knows if it does something im not aware of

16. tritonion

tritonion New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If Riva Tuner runs in the background, try to set it to Application detection level "None", this is what fixed it for me, even if there's no OSD displayed. That windows update will certainly come back some day so it might be worth a shot.
    upload_2019-8-3_15-24-5.png

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Since i dont really use it anyways i might as well just uninstall it. But thanks for pointing me in that direction and if the update comes back ill see if that helped :D

18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Well, a lot of people use Windows 10 1903, so if a Windows update broke the game, the forum would be full of complaints. Generally speaking, monthly Windows updates can't break third party applications.

19. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well i got rid of riva tuner, the update came back and r3e still works so it looks like that was indeed the problem