Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Anychance you can list the measures bud for future reference?

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The Windows update prevention kit?

For Windows 10 Pro, do this:

Go into Einstellungen (Settings) / Update and Security / Erweiterte Optionen (Advanced Settings)
    Here, for blocking updates have settings look like this:

[​IMG]

What you did by that is setting your delay options for updates to the possible maximums. There are different delays for different kind of updates. I lost track of the terminology, and it was intentionally changed repeatedly by Microsoft policy to confuse people there so that people agree to getting unneeded patches while assuming they would download vital security upgrade). Its very malicious policy being run there, sorry to say so, but I take it as an intentional act of theirs. Got bitten too often too much by them.

Then go back two steps, and move to Einstellungen (Settings) / Network and Internet / Ethernet / Ethernet 3

[​IMG]

Your Ethernet name can be different. The page you then are on allows you to define your connection to the web as a metered ("getaktet") connection. Usually Microsoft respects metered connections in so far as that it does not push heavy updates via metered connections, for this could eat limited monthly data volumes and cause additional costs. You want to usually define your connection as metered, using this to your advantage.

Note however that recently Microsoft seems to push Windows build 1903 down people's throats even if they use a metered connection, there have been several reports on this being the case for a growing number of people. And this although many do not rate 1903 as business-ready, and still having serious issues.

Finally, google and find and download and install a windows update blocker tool. These are tools that allow comfortably toggling the default Windows Update Service on and off. Usually you want this to be off.

All this gives you a relatively "tight" system. But do not bet your life on it, it has been shown that Microsoft can and has broken these barriers in the past, when it wanted. Microsoft can still breach it, if they want, but it seems to still not be the norm. However, Microsoft is determined not to take a customer's "no" as a valid answer. Their business policy reflects both he growing lack of competence and quality in their updates, and their somewhat malicious, somewhat underhanded understanding of their customer relation. Also, your computer is not yours, but theirs, they do to it whatever they want. Thats why I dispise them very much by now (and run Linux on my main system, Windows is only for launching games, and nothign else).

Personally I do not run anything personal, sensitive, or money and business related form a Windows machine anymore. A Windows system to me is a corrupted system by default, and always stays that.

I recommend to keep a lazy eye on the tech gurus' reflections of current update status. A site like this should be checked once or twice a week to see what is happening there and how they assess the patching situation to be (alarm is now the ordinary default status since some years...). If Woody is not down to at least defcon 4, do no update. The old rule to always stay up to date, is no longer valid, since Windows 7 times already. Avoid if you can, is the new parole, and its right 19 out of 20 times. Microsoft has become a threat to your system that is to be taken serious.

https://www.askwoody.com/

What to do now if you want to run an update?

The updates are coming usually every second Tuesday of a month. You want to run your update lets say Sunday before that, so to avoid the latest flush of new nerve-wrecking garbage, and avoid any early incomings on Monday as well. And then only every couple of months. I do it every third or fourth month only. Plays the probabilities to your advantage.

For that, you have to allow WUS - Windows Update "Service" runnign again by setting the separate tool accordingly.

Then you have to define your metered connection as an unmmetered connection again. And you have to set "Updates aussetzen" in the first picture to "off", so that the updates do not get delayed any longer.

THEN DO NOT !!! NEVER !!! PRESS ANY BUTTON APPEARING SAYING THAT IT LAUNCHES THE SEARCH FOR UPDATES!!!

Because Windows will start the search process all by itself sooner or later, if you have unlocked all the critical settings. If you actively engage in that search by pressing such a button, you will also get fed the latest build version of Windows 10, which usually is not recommended (I am still on build 1709 [=2017 September] for example). The past 1803 and 1809 were nightmares for system administrators in companies. The new 1903 also is anything but pleasant, apparently. While these issues might hit mostly business networks and office machines, they can have symptoms forming up on a gaming rig as well, so - why stepping on a tiger's tail needlessly? Avoid it, reduce your risks to minimums, opt put of their Beta testing program. Life can be so simple.

Once the updates have been downloaded, they will get installed during rebooting. Once the system reboots, and you are on the desktop again, you again set the delays on, make sure the counters are still at maximum (Microsoft sometimes sets them to minimum to make you getting their stuff early), go back to a metered connection, and activate the Windows Update Blocker tool so that the "service" is deactivated again (you can deactiv ate it also via console if you know how to do that, but I find it easy to just have that tool and a link on the dekstop).

BTW, somewhere you can disable Windows to automatically update drivers as well. I would use that option. Newer driver does not automatically mean better, faster or more stable driver. sometimes its exactly the other way around. I do not update drivers if I have no need to do so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Quote: "This update re-enables mid-session saving with multiple instances of saved games, introduces the new 5 collision point tyre model to address kerb-related issues and a new traction control logic, adds various fixes and updates to Multiplayer, overhauls the driver stint logic in endurance game modes, includes important HUD and UI updates, adds initial TrackIR support, adds optimizations to the CPU game thread, overhauls the mouse steering implementation and much more."

TrackIR was much asked for.

5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Have you actually tried 1903? Not a lot wrong with it compared to previous builds, seems a little faster, I use windows for gaming and browsing, vr performance is good, gaming is the same. Make an image of your 2 year old version of windows and give the latest a try, find out for yourself how worthwhile it is then when you have done that and realise it is better than the version you are using (vr alone is worth it), delete the back up you made of 1709. Then if you want to lock it down\speed it up more use gpedit mixed with autoruns and control pretty much every aspect of windows behaviour perfectly\properly!

6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I read two tech sites for Windows 10 twice or more often a week and so caught up all the "good news" on how brilliant 1803, 1809, and 1903 were. I am aware that the issues mostly affect business networks and office machiones, but some of the stuff cna bite home users as well. Business pros these days simp0ly puke at Microsoft and try to cnvcine their employing companies NOT to launch the latest update madness. There simply is too much incometence, too much broken stuff, too much untested stuff. The damage it casued for effected business companies, is enoprmous. For them, every day with non working IT structure is pure money and lost customers.

Do as I do, follow the endless trail of good news for a year or so. You will be come hesitent to update always to the latest status, too.

What do you expect if Microsoft thins out staff for its Windows patching department by over 50%, loses or fires its most experienced senior staff for that task, and reduces fundings for external professional Beta testers substantially...? Shareholders first, private users last, thats the new parole. Business pays fees.

My VR is smooth and solid right now. With a Rift, there is nothing I can ask more for, so better it cannot become. Anything else is smooth as well.

One thing, however, to my surprise they got better. That is Windows Defender, now called Mixcrtosoft Defender. Once a tool causing jokes and nlaughing, it now is a security tool that is en par with the best rated Anti-Virus and Firewalls people buy for extra cash. While such external programsd since two or three years more and more often cause problematic interactions with Windows causing issues. Thats the only good news that as a home user I recognise from Microsoft since Wndows 7. The rest of their praised new business philosophy they can shove where the sun never shines. I'm done with them, for life. I have not bought a second system and now am on Linux for no reason, and if there would be no desire to play certain sims, there would be nothing running by Microsoft in my house at all.

I think in Novembre I mjst leave 1709 anyway. Before then i will be pushed to 1903, I prefer to then "voluntarily" move to 1809 and win another year with that one. Preferred it is becasue that they were doctoring on since over one year then. 1903 they threw out (once again) although they knew that it had many issues that haunted their customer'S machines - and still do.The generla recomendation is to avoid the 19xx branch so far. Beta testers of the so-called inner ring report even worse experiences, cursing it. There seems to be no valid reason right now wanting downgrade to 1903. Some new features in it, okay, with cheese you catch mice.

My rig is stable so far, fast enough that I miss no speed, and smooth, in and outside of VR. More I cannot ask for. Due to privacy concerns, for anything non-gaming I use a second Linux system anyway that is tightened down quite much. No banking, money-related, shopping, privacy-affecting, sensitive stuff under Windows for me (or on my smartphone for that matter), no thanks. Its not jujst about tehcncially broken stuff and buggy software, it also is about provacy protection and security. In these regards, Google, Windows and Apple are extremely bad choices, since here we tlak about not bugs, but about wanted and designed deficits to the disadvantage of the user.

Okay, back to ACC.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Just to throw it in here i updated to 1903 this week and couldnt play r3e anymore (in 64 bit at least). Tried a few things, nothing worked, uninstalled the windows update and r3e works perfectly again :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  8. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    windows updates are always my biggest fear!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I've just tried the 1.07 beta, which comes with the reworked tyre model, and I must say that it is night and day. Curbs are finally usable, and they don't sent the car spinning when you toch them. I feel the tyre model also made a huge difference for tail-happy cars like the 911, which now feels much more stable. The lateral grip over the edge still feels little bit weak to me, but that could realy be just me.

Also the CPU utilization seems to be much better, I can finally run with bigger fields (20+) without the AI to start warping and stuttering, and the shared memory model was updated... if only there was some easy-to-find specification.

Yeah, looks like the game is maturing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Now we need good VR support and a decent triple monitor support.

11. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Good that 1.07 is out in the wild now. Will definitely give it a try

12. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Maybe im too stupid for that game , but i dont get the box menu. I drive in , stop, cut the engine and nothing happens, cant even start/drive again, only wait till race is finished. is there somewhere a hidden button or something to accept the pitstop? What do i wrong?

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I think you have to map a key to Pit Menu. Not at my PC at the moment to check the exact.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. New tire model is worlds better. I tried the cup car though which doesn’t have TC and my experience wasn’t as good. There’s definitely a disconnect on what the rear is doing but on the gt3 cars you don’t notice as much because of the TC.

15. Mike Roller

Mike Roller New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New tire model seems good.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  16. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I have a sneaking suspicion we'll get Blancpain GT World Challenge America content next year

17. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Introducing The Intercontinental GT Pack, coming soon to Assetto Corsa Competizione!

A few years ago, SRO Motorsports Group introduced the Intercontinental GT Challenge, the first ever global GT3 Series, aimed to represent the highest achievement in long-distance GT racing. Its calendar includes some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

The Intercontinental GT Pack, to be fully dedicated to the Intercontinental GT Challenge, will feature new tracks such as Suzuka, Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca and Kyalami, with the South African circuit reproduced for the first time ever in a racing simulation using laserscan technology, just like all other tracks in the pack, in order to guarantee the ultimate accuracy.

More news about release date, features and media content will be available later this year. KUNOS also confirms that the team is working hard to release the 2019 GT Championship update, featuring 6 new cars and Zandvoort circuit, as a free update to the base game within Fall 2019.

The release date and pricing of the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will be announced later on.

69262832_3604057152953910_2496857371851096064_n.jpg 69850018_3604056796287279_3777429758376148992_n.jpg 69917743_3604057162953909_6734008730100170752_n.jpg 69926379_3604057699620522_5290289914892517376_n.jpg 71041536_3604057582953867_1780753244046229504_n.jpg 70141078_3604056759620616_1107644479063457792_n.jpg

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Suzuka! Everybody lives for racing at Suzuka!

Meanwhile ACC 1.0.8 is out. The readme list is long, they are really going for the details.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Aleksey Gershin

Aleksey Gershin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone share their T300/TX FFB setting for ACC with me? I've bought the game a few days ago, but can't seem to get decent FFB settings - there is barely any wheel rumble from hitting curbs and I don't think there is any kind of feedback when car starts sliding.

20. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, I'm using the default settings for my T300 and I'm pretty satisfied with it, are you sure you configured everything right?