Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    There is no way to do that, as the Chat is not part of the API.
    But would be cool, only if you could disable the ingame one of course.

The better solution for the Chat, in my opinion, would be:
    Make a chat enable/disable while Driving option, as it bothers me all the time to see chat while driving, never needed that.
    And make a Chat-Box in the Multiplayer-Menu while NOT Driving, as that is the time for chatting, not while Driving!
    At the moment you have to be in the Car to even see the Chat, saying Hello to someone could be lost cause he's in the Menus

But that is up to Sector3

I would have to implement it for all Widgets and then for all "options" of all Widgets, as someone would ask for it sometime.
    Really dont wanna do that, as most of it would never be used by the majority of the Drivers.
    That's why i made 3 Layout Sets, which can be toggled with fixed Hotkeys at the moment.
    But i thought about making them assignable to Key/Button, of players choice.

Yes that is on purpose, it enables all widgets, so you see all of em with the enabled options.
    You then rearrange them, resize them, turn options on/off and disable Widgets you not want to show up at all.
    Once your Happy, you disable the Mode again.

Moo,
    Otter

2. Boremar

Boremar Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I have a request. I tried to switch to your HUD a few times, moving away from my SimHub custom HUD I have been working on. I play exclusively in VR. I would like 2 Motec gear indicators so that I can place one on each side so that it is in view when looking to the apex of a a corner. Even something in the center of the screen is not easy to look at in tight corners when you want to be certain you don't over down shift. So my request would be simply the option to have a second Motec, and if I am being greedy, a background transparency option.

3. Phantomftr

Phantomftr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I didn't have the fuel usage enabled for my session and that's why it didn't show. As for Delta it was very small hidden in the corner and after clicking show all and enlarging it I was able to see where it was hiding. Thanks for the help and for creating this awesome HUD mod.

4. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Glad i could help and thanks for the Feedback!

That is a tough one, as i dont think anyone else would use it.
    And having another Motec which can be moved separately, would require to make it a own Widget.
    Cause the lack of space on the Settings at the moment, i would not include such things in the normal version, sorry.
    I really would like to help here, and could make a separate version, but just for one thing?
    Imagine some others have requests like this, and keeping all personal versions updated could become a hughe effort.

Moo,
    Otter

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Boremar

Boremar Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for at least considering it. You are doing great work! Having been developing a HUD using SimHub, I know how much effort it is with all the logic that drive the conditional data, formatting, and visibility on the HUD. Sometimes I feel like I spend more time on the HUD than I do racing.

6. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Tell me about it ^^
    But i do like working on it, and i'm happy when the users are.
    Will it ever be finished to focus 100% on Racing again? Doubt it :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. singuango

singuango New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I CAN'T GET THE PROGRAM UPDATED WITH THE NEW OPTIONS I AM ALWAYS IN 1.0 SOMEONE HELPS ME

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    There's nothing to update. If you have followed the clear instructions in the first post, then you will always be running the latest version of this HUD.

9. dijaexxl

dijaexxl New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The app didn’t safe the best time actual.

10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Can there be a problem when i have more than one servers running.
    Yesterday i had two servers open and race in one of them.
    I noticed that the server where i'm not in changes my hud was weird.
    The distance of the driver in front and back changes to a difference more than a hour

11. dijaexxl

dijaexxl New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    upload_2019-8-4_18-6-13.jpeg

upload_2019-8-4_18-6-56.jpeg

This problem is only on Oschersleben.
    If I switch to, for example, Norisring..... everything is ok.

Attached Files:

12. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    As the HUD, gets the data from the client API, i assume not, but to be honest, never tested it with two servers and the Game Running on 1 Machine.

Like i wrote in the DM, you could try to delete the data set for this Track/Car Combination.
    Go HUD settings, under "Fuel & Lap Details", hit "Clear this combination Data" and click YES
    It could be possible that the data block was somehow corrupted, this just creates a fresh one.
    Does this happen with all Cars on Oschersleben?
    Wasnt able to replicate it yet with any combination.

I will relaunch this Project soon, together with the next update, to another URL, to free up my personal one again.
    As it gets alot bigger now then expected.

This change has 2 Consequences, your Layouts will reset and the Fuel/Time Tracking Data gets lost.
    I'm sorry, there is no way to avoid that.

Probably today!

Moo,
    Otter

13. BIZI-AircooledPoly

BIZI-AircooledPoly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to put the widgets on three monitors or is it limited to the centre? Sorry if this is in this thread already but I cant seem to move them to left or right screens? :confused:

14. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, but you can't.
    At least on my testing with a Triple setup, it only provides you with a Frame on the centre Screen.
    If you just have a Widescreen it would fill the whole Screen.
    Would be nice to have the option for Triple, two make it usable on all Screens, maybe a future "goodie" from Sector3?
    Who knows ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BIZI-AircooledPoly

BIZI-AircooledPoly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks Otter, would be nice to have but loving it so far, can't drive without it now.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.16

Changelog:
    • Feature addition: Performance Mode has 3 stages now, with different update rates and special settings to each Widget
      LOW (15 updates/second) | NORMAL (30 updates/second) | HIGH (60 updates/second)
      Combined with this the Hud is showing now a performance info in the top left of the Settings screen
      Depending on your Performance setting it should be green all the time.
      It will show the number in Red when:
      LOW (lower 10 updates/sec), NORMAL (lower 25 updates/sec), HIGH (lower 50 updates/sec)
      If you see just a spark of red now and then, like 1 all 10 seconds, it is all good.
      If it shows red most of the time you should probably go lower on the performance

• Added "Show Estimated Laps left" to the Position Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default ON)
      This will show a estimation of the Laps left you can/have to go in the remaining Session time, in calculation to your average Laptime.
      Will not be shown if no laptime is set yet

• Added a "Show Estimated Laps" to the Position Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default ON)
      This will show a estimation of the Total Laps that culd be done, with your currently stored Best-Lap
      If you join a session after it already started, this number would be the same as it takes the Session Length and not the remaining time into the calculation.
      Will not be shown if no laptime is set yet

• Position-Bar: Seperated the "Position" into "Position" and "Position in Class"
      Where "Position" shows the position in the overall Standings and "Position in Class", obvious ^^
      Position in Class will not be shown if the Session is not Multi-Class

• Position-Bar: Left side elements: Current-Lap, Pos, Pos Class, Completed Laps, Est.L. left/Est.L. total
      can be toggled seperately and will auto resize the left side

• Added a "Show Tire Est. Laps-Left" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default ON)
      After you completed a lap, this will calculate estimated amount of Lap's you can possibly do with this set.
      It will calculate with the lowest Tire
      This data will be resetted each time you go to the Menus, or press ESC in singleplayer.

• Added showing the Tire-Wear per Lap to the Tires Widget
      These get automatically shown when you have "Show Tire-Wear numbers" turned on
      Will show the average amount per Lap in the current Session.
      This data will be resetted each time you go to the Menus, or press ESC in singleplayer.

• FIX: Got reports that sometimes the Fuel Details widget wasn't showing correctly
      It will check the actual Data-Set now, and if it is corrupt it will be dropped, so you dont have to do a manual clearing.

And now the biggest change of all:
    NEW URL!
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

I decided to do the change to the new URL for this release, the information in the first post will be changed also.
    Just replace the old one with this and your set!

This version will be the last one avialable on the old URL too and will show a warning message in the Settings screen, if you did not read the full post here and missed the new URL ^^
    Any further updates will go live under the new URL.

YES: I know your Layout settings, your Tracking data will get lost, and i'm really really sorry for doing it.
    But i want my account back.
    I hope you understand ;)

"Are we there yet?"
    Not by a long shot!
    Stay tuned...

And one last but important thing:

Thanks for all the likes, talks, feedback, comments and also Personal Contacts and Coffee/Water!
    It is very much appreciated and keeps me going to work on it!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 8
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Thanks a lot! Will test it after work!

18. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible that you make a version wich to use in other games?
    specially for ACC

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Master_of_the_house

Master_of_the_house New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good evening

It is possible to activate the overlay in replay mode ?

Thanks a lot !!

20. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Not yet planned to do anything for ACC, not even drivin...

Sorry, but as the Ingame WebFrame is not available while in Replay Mode, there is no way to display anything.
    Also there wouldn't be much to show, as not all values of the API get updated in Replay

Moo,
    Otter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.