Multi-Class Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob Ross, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Rob Ross

Rob Ross New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I joined a multi-class race that appeared to be open tonight. I recognized one racer that had purposely rammed me multiple times in a race a few weeks ago, stating this was "his" room and WTF was I doing in it. Some people go out of their way to make some events miserable. If I can join a lobby that is multi-class, I wouldn't think its private. I made a comment to the individual at the start of the race today in chat and asked him not to ram and he took offense. In the race today, I selected a car that nobody else had. This appeared to be an issue with him. He stated nobody runs that class anymore. HTF am I to know??? There was maybe 5 cars in the race. Can I get a list of cars/classes that nobody races so I dont get a lousy experience from a select few racers? I dont own cars in all classes, so I'm not sure why the person was an a$$ about it. I purchased a few tracks and cars in the summer sale. I like RR, but experiences like the one today will keep me from buying more content.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    All I can suggest is to find a community/league in your timezone. As opposed to open servers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Don´t let yourself be turned away by one bad experience, or you won´t have a good time in any sim. Generally I think the density of such incidents is really low around here, compared to others, but of course they will occur anywhere from time to time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Where? I live in Sydney Australia, I did 95% offline racing,

What's worse is that I use gtr2 BMW most of the time which is not popular compared to gtr3

I also want casual racing and I don't want to join a series of races

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  5. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    First... don't listen to anybody like that on a public server. If the cars are available for you to chose, pick your weapon of choice and drive it like you stole it. Second... anyone complaining about you driving a class or car not run anymore or anywhere are either afraid you will beat his ass and get podium or can't drive it himself. Furthermore I think servers named [RR] mostly have free content included and will more often have inexperienced drivers on them as many want to try cars out for fun online. If you want fair and close racing on equal terms, drive single or maybe 5 different classes on a server not 15 as the server often don't get occupied with more than 15 drivers totally :rolleyes: ... Do as I do ignore tosspots complaining like that :D

6. John Wiesenmüller

John Wiesenmüller Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Just eff that guy and race anyway assuming there are not other races available. Its the pitfalls of public servers. Idiots show up now and then acting all high and mighty.

BTW, i like to just log on and drive myself vs joining leagues, but you'd be surprised how casual and friendly alot of the series are. My issue is committing to any specific time, but it does make for a great experience usually when i have made it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    His server, his rules, no-one uses that car anymore, why t f is it available then?
    Just find another server or join a league. I think in general the servers are decent but have noticed as they are slowly getting busier they are attracting a few more idiots

• Agree Agree x 1