Telemetry RST Telemetry App by RacingSimTools

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Zeraxx, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

I’m excited to announce that RacingSimTools is near its RaceRoom support release, it's currently in testing and will most likely be available in the next week or so.

The RST Software is essentially a Pre-Configured MoTeC replacement built with Sim Racers in mind. As an engineer I always found myself frustrated with the different telemetry options for sim racers. There are only two different solutions:

1) Basic telemetry applications that only shows raw data. While this is neat, you really need to prepare and display the data in a way that you can gain insights from to improve the car’s setup or your driving abilities.

2) MoTeC, while MoTeC is the industry standard and you can do very powerful things with it. You need to know what your doing, configuring your workspaces takes some time, and you need to know the math behind the typical signals that you’d want to display.

RST Software attempts to bridge these two solutions, RST Software collects data from the game, then runs the raw data through math signals typically used by engineers such as Roll & Pitch Gradients, Fourier Transforms, Traction Circles, Time Slip Graphs, etc. This way you don’t need to know the math you simply need to know how to interpret the graphs.

The program has around 75 graphs, while most graphs relate to the setup of the car, there is also a tab devoted purely to driver development.

To see all the features available in this tool as well as some setup theory check out the attached manual.

A few of the 75 different graphs can be viewed below.

RST_Comp_WheelLoads.PNG RST_DamperSpeeds.PNG RST_DF.PNG RST_Driver.PNG RST_Driver2.PNG RST_Histograms.PNG RST_RG.PNG RST_Run.PNG RST_Theory_RPM.PNG RST_Track.PNG RST_TractionCircle.PNG

Attached Files:

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Very interesting :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I'm really excited for this release as it'll give me more excuses to drive RaceRoom more =)

P.S. Attached our Manual which is really a 150 page document on how to read some of these graphs and setup theory.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sosruko

Sosruko Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Most excellent news. I will definitely take advantage of this software.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Are the car parameters pre defined for rre cars?
    Some of the parameters are not available in game, some are in clicks. Did you get the proper values from devs? Or do we need to get them?

6. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Great questions, so they are not pre-defined for R3E cars, if the studio wants to supply the data we would be more than happy to have a drop down for all the RaceRoom cars, but that's unlikely to happen.

In reality there isn't much you can't get, the only car params not visible in the car menu, are IRs (Installation Ratios), and Damper Rates. For the IRs you can easily use some of the other charts to get a pretty good estimate on what the IRs are for the car. For the Damper Rates like you mentioned they are in clicks so there isn't much you can do, for RaceRoom we disabled that car param and it won't be shown on the component wheel loads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    That looks very interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  9. jacominus10

jacominus10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    app crashes when press icon at license store

10. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Most likely due to your internet security settings. The in app purchases utilize a secure payment gateway which opens in a browser. If windows settings are set strictly it will prevent the application from navigating to the payment gateway which results in a crash.

You can either
    1) change your window settings
    Internet Options > Security Tab > Click "Custom" button, and then scroll down until you see an option called "Active Scripting" and change to enabled.

or

2) use the online store which is through paypal.
    https://www.racingsimtools.com/product-page/race-room-racing-experience-license

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  11. pfoetiman

pfoetiman Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @Zeraxx I bought the license yesterday and used the program. It is great. Thanks a lot. I already used the old PC2Tuner and there I had to do some settings about the car parameters. In the manual this point is also mentioned. But how about R3E? In the manual, I think the pre-R3E Version, I can find some hints about PC2 and iRacing. What do I have to do in R3E or is it not necessary?

12. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hey bud first off thank you for your support! Car Params are very important with this tool, that's because we perform math on a lot of the raw data signals coming from R3E and if your car params are not correct they will be incorrect. To access the Car Params click on the "Car Params" on the top left after performing some laps. Everything in the car params window you can get from the setup window, except for Installation Ratio. here is how I recommend getting them.

1) Installation Ratio is simply the change in spring position over the change in wheel position, you can use the graphs we supply such as the suspension position and ride height chart to figuring them out, you can also use things like the pitch gradient to validate them.

I'd recommend joining our discord if you need more help we have over a 1k members so questions get answered pretty quick over there.

13. Newton Prado

Newton Prado New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    A big thank you for your RacingSimTools telemetry software. Bought via paypal and the licensing process went fine and fast! Now lots of new things to learn.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Is this Tool for more sims or must i buy one pro sim when i'm intresting in it?

15. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Awesome thank you for the kind words!

16. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    We currently support PC2, AC, ACC, iRacing, R3E, F1 2019. but the tool is licensed per game, we are working on some sort of bulk deal but dont have one yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    RWB have been testing this out for Zeraxx as we did with PCars2, fantastic tool for any sim racer, nice job ;-)

Hope it helps me out on Saturday lol.

18. jacominus10

jacominus10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No wtcr/wtcc from car parameters list?

19. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    PUBLIC RELEASE 1.0.18

-Added the new Strategy Tool, once you select a game you will see strategy at the top, please enter all the inputs (in seconds) and click the run analysis button to see a trade study between one stop, two stop, and three stop strats.
    -Added Fuel Run Chart. -Added Session Average Lap Time to Run Chart Header
    -Added Session Average Lap Time Deviation (Consistency)
    -Fixed Issue where sometimes changing a car param would cause a crash.
    [​IMG]

20. Newton Prado

Newton Prado New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    See WTCx vehicles and be prepared to add some corrections