Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. willycoyote17

willycoyote17 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    First of all, incredible work, I don't understand absolutely anything about telemetry but I find it very interesting to have access to it. I do not have two screens, with what my purpose is, above all, to be able to consult all the times that I have done after a session.
    After working perfectly for a while, for a few days the application closes within 4-5 seconds of opening Raceroom.
    I had changed the folder where the reports and telemetry are stored, I thought that was why and returned to the default settings. It still happens to me and I have tried to install and uninstall but I have not obtained result. Might you help me?
    On the other hand, it would be good if the reports show the total time of each stint.
    Thank you so much. Regards

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      4.4 MB
      Views:
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten have you discussed with the devs the possibility of getting AI level into shared memory to allow your rating system to work automatically?

3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    @willycoyote17
    Thanks for the log, I think I know where the issue is. I've pushed a new update where it should be fixed.

@ravey1981
    Yes, few months ago, but it wasn't answered. My guess is that it got lost in all the communication that happened at that time (it was the break of shared memory compatiblity). I will try again :)

4. willycoyote17

willycoyote17 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot, now work fine.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. Adusumilli

Adusumilli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I am encountering a problem with the latest updated version(from 5.6.1--> 5.9.1) of SecondMonitor to work with AssettoCorsa sim. Could you please help me to sort out the issue.

Please find the attached log file.

thank you!

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      7.3 MB
      Views:
  6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Could you please als oattach logs from the "server" installation. I will also test the remote connectors tomorrow, to see if I broke something.

To other topic. v5.10 was just released, which adds F1 2019 to the list of supported games. As it is the initial implementation, it is still little rough on the edges. The biggest issues are:
    • First Timed lap not recognized correctly: First timed lap in practice/qualification might not be recognized correctly.
    • Wrong Lap Times: Becaue the field in the F1 2019 upd telemetry holding the last lap time is currently bugged (it reports 0 most of the time), the lap time is the last known lap time, before the finish line was crossed. So it will be smaller roughly by the gap between telemtry packets. While the laps times are incorrect, the relative times between lap times should be very close to the real difference, and can be used reliably. Fastest laps time are correct.
    • Missing Lap/Sector Times: The time spent "teleporting" (i.e moving out of pix directly to hotlap), or in accelerated time, is not propagated via the F1 2019 UDP telemetry. Because of this, the application does not know about laps that occured in this time. This does not affect race session. This does not affect the fastest lap time presented for driver and session overall, as this is this information is always available in the F1 2019 UDP Telemetry.

7. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I have pushed an updated that should fix the issue, sorry for the inconvenience :-/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sebastien Brunier

Sebastien Brunier Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Ho thank you ! Auto launch after update ! :grinning:
    upload_2019-8-28_12-31-5.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Adusumilli

Adusumilli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thank you for the update.

Just for your, reference, I am uploading the log server file (5.9.1) and gonna update now.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      8.9 MB
      Views:
  10. Adusumilli

Adusumilli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for fixing the issue!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. DefaulTT34

DefaulTT34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey can you PLEASE help me? I can not connect with my friend in any way. Prints are from both sides.

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hi, could you please also provide the logs from the two machines? (The is a "open log" button in the settings)

Also some question that comes to mind:
    Is it on the same local network?
    Do you have the correct IP address for the client?

13. DefaulTT34

DefaulTT34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I have his IP & he has put his IP on his side as well, app active in-game too, not the same network.

14. DefaulTT34

DefaulTT34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's both logs there :)

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      78.7 KB
      Views:
    • log.txt
      File size:
      128.3 KB
      Views:
  15. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
  16. DefaulTT34

DefaulTT34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do I know his public IP then? He forward that port already btw

17. Sebastien Brunier

Sebastien Brunier Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    https://www.whatismyip.com
    On the upper left hand side corner you'll get "Your Public IPv4 is: " ;)

18. DefaulTT34

DefaulTT34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah we tried still not working

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    There is not much I can do to help you here, as these kind of problems are very hard to diagnose at distance. It could be anything, from windows firewall blocking the connection, to forwarding the wrong port on the router.

If the application is working on local network, and not outside, then it has to be something with the networking settings, and there is not much I can do to help.
    I will double check today there are no obvious problems with the remote connector.

20. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I haven't downloaded this as of yet. However... how does it display? on screen while driving or only in the back ground and having to alt tab out to see data? Just curious since I run with triple screens and wasn't sure how it is displayed.