Resolved Huge FPS drop after last nvidia driver 436.02

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lino Carreira, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Boremar

Boremar Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I have stuttering too that seems to be correlated with the new Nvidia drivers and the second update did not help. Clean install of the Nvidia drivers or of Raceroom? Assuming Nvidia. Did you remove using Programs and Features and reinstall of get a "clean install"?

2. Sebastien Brunier

Sebastien Brunier Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Even with DDU it doesnt help

4. Sebastien Brunier

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Have you restarted your computer in safe mode before using DDU ? If I remember correctly they suggest to run it in safe mode and reboot not connected to internet to prevent from Windows update auto driver install. So download the driver package you want to install beforehand of course.
    Trully hope it helps.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    When new driver come out I always Google search "nvidia driver xxx.xx performance" and this driver I'm so glad I did as there are reports of these issues on this driver performance loss and even DDU wasn't getting performance back!
    I thought it was only Pascal and older!
    I hope you find a solution, I had issues not long ago with only R3E being slow when all other games ran fine and I know how frustrating it is.

6. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've been having some stuttering problems too; don't think that it is related to NVidia drivers, though.
    Furthermore, today I uninstalled a "Visual Leak Detector" software that I had installed recently and I'm testing the results; it seems to have helped.
    I'm playing in borderless window mode because I'm using Proracing Dashboard (by Stefan Mizzi, mainly for the tyre temperature info) and with either VSync and GSync off.
    Since I have been also using CrewChief and, sometimes, MSI Afterburner (after finding out that FRAPS was blocking my wireless controller), I'm currently testing, using one app at a time, to see if I can figure out which one is causing the problem.
    For now I've ruled out CrewChief...
    Windows is such a complex system that sometimes even the "least likely to be interfering" things do interfere.
    Wish you find out what the problem is. ;)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  7. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well, the gains in other sims surpass the loss of fps in RRRE.... that's what pissing me off a bit

8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    That's your problem right there. Borderless Window mode is almost guaranteed to get random stutters due to how it works - everything you see has to go through the Windows Display Manager, which also runs with forced vsync, so running a game in borderless window is in a way like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

The newly introduced ultra-low latency mode seems to help a bit with that. Or I've had fairly good results with running the game with vsync off at double the refresh rate, but it may be hard to achieve at times depending on your CPU.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you're saying and even at the site, there's a mention to that fact.
    The thing is... I've been running the game in borderless window for some time now, and at first, didn't have stuttering. Tried full screen and also had stuttering.
    What has been happening lately is "occasional" stuttering always at the same place in the track for a few seconds, then returning to normal, until I reach again the same place in the track on the next lap! Then the cycle would repeat exactly the same away in a little different place on the track, for the same time, and so on and so on...
    How to explain that?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  10. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I feel you.
    For what I've been reading (and I have been reading a lot), because of the somewhat old technology used in the game (isiMotor 2 game engine and DirectX 9), there could happen some CPU bottleneck issues.
    I'm becoming frustrated too, because I can't solve my stuttering issues (or should I say: frame rate drop issues).
    I even posted here yesterday and deleted it a couple hours later, because I thought I had solved the problem and then, bummm... , the problem was back and there I was, crashing "all over the place" (quoting CrewChief).
    Sorry I can't be of more use (read help).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  11. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    New driver same crap..RRRE lost massive performance, i really think someone from S3 should check into this, its huge the diff with these last drivers from nvidia

12. Sebastien Brunier

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    @Lino Carreira do you still have the lower clock behavior ? (1500ish as you previously said ?)

Maybe the 3D load isn't enough and the GPU flag "utilization limit" is set thus preventing from GPU boost to reach higher frequencies.
    Have you set again a 3D parameter profile in the NVidia control panel for RRRE64.exe ? If not check you do set one with "maximum performance" for the power management (as you used DDU the profiles must be gone if you haven't created them back).

13. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    No clocks are alright, and i obviously always have prefer maximum performance :) its something on this new drivers that introduced some new parameters that really doesnt like RRRE .... usually to attain the 100FPS my GPU ( 2080) sits around 40 to 60 % usage on a full grid on the back, with this new drivers alone at spa for example for the cupra thingie it goes right to 93% usage and fires up and starts stuttering ( even with freesync on ) on the bbus stop.... its dreadfull... rolling back to the last driver before these changes puts RRRE back to normal....

14. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    But quite annoying to sit on 3 drivers in the past to have performance back to normal on just this title, AC,ACC,rF2 iRacing, PCARS2 and dirt2 all behaving normally .... seems something on these drivers do not like whatever DX version S3 is using....

15. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Can you check if you have

" WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe /t /f"

running on your GPU ? Look in here (ive taken a screenshot of the GPU activity thing to show where it will show if its being used)
    I had that thing make my 1080Ti hit 99% in R3E and drop fps down to 35 fps ! Once i found and stopped that i got all my performance back .

Attached Files:

16. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    will do once im home tx m8

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    How do I remove it? Checked under services and it was already set to Manual though it was running, and buttons are greyed out. Logged in as Admin user. TIA

18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I will find it when I get back to my PC a bit later today ;)

19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    View attachment 18372
    First you need to stop it in Task Manager then follow this

You should be able to disable it by navigating to C:\Windows\SystemApps and renaming the folder InputApp_cw5n1h2txyewy

You will have to kill the process before it will let you rename it though.

I just put a 1 or 2 at the end of it in case I ever want to change it back it will be easy to do. As Windows updates have come ive had to redo this a few times as you can see from my screenshot (top 3 lines).
    Hope this works for you as it was a life saver for me .

Info came from here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/abx8ct/how_do_i_turn_off_the_microsoft_text_input/

Screenshot (81).png

20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Nice will take a look myself as I believe it does not run as smooth as it normally did.