News End of Summer 2019 - Development notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I am pretty sure a comparable approach has been done the last years with the fixed event version of R3E which, from what I know, differed from the live version.
    However, I also remember J-F (or someone else from sector3) to talk about the possible swap over to the live version being used for events aswell, to ease up the participation for drivers in the events, as the event version was somewhat different and no changes to car setup was possible.

That is what I was being told, but feel free to correct me. =)

But back to the main question: Yes, anything that would not hold up complete content and/or physic/technic changes to be released would be perfect.
    I mean the many many community leagues and cups do have to adjust to "sudden" changes in the game aswell...

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Not everything in the dev notes has to wait until december. New tracks, cars and liveries can be released while competition is running.
    Besides december is only 3 months from now, meanwhile i have plenty things to do.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    and the new Sounds (that preview was awesome :eek: )
    .... or at least I think that shouldn't affect esports.... I don't want @Robert Wiesenmüller to crash because of new braking sounds :D :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, this is disappointing for me. S3 might have developed a new feature and the rest of us who aren't following esports have to wait months and months just to get the new feature? The impression of the dev notes felt like the game is steering it's direction towards esports, not about making an engaging game for people who love cars.

I really hope this is not the beginning of decisions has to be made to cater certain audience while others are ignored. I believe there needs to be a balance as I do not think focusing solely on esports will be good for the genre as a whole. Perhaps a separate build for people who likes to playing with completed but not fully tested new features.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Well, we might have to wait for physic changes 'til December, but as mentioned, other cool stuff might be available earlier. Additionaly, the Dev's are working on new things while others wait for their release, which you can also see by comparing the dev notes.

Great Dev Note, even better than mine :D

Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Some of the fun in esport event qualifying comes from setting a time against a real series driver.
    i.e. Jackie Stewart sets a time on the RR server and we try to beat that time on equal track conditions. A different game version would always make those lap times suspect.

7. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Download.jpg
    Had this in my pipeline since some weeks ;)
    The Dev Notes are finally here!
    Greetings

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. RLeicht

RLeicht New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    For everyone upset about having to wait because of esports. I dont think this is a bad thing, if they are gearing the game towards that. That could lead to a larger revenue stream, a larger revenue stream could possibly lead to a better simulator in the end. It takes time and money to build these things, with more money you can create more time by hiring more people.

I would like to see some of the things they are talking about happen sooner as well. But I understand they take time and releasing at the proper time just makes sense. I would be upset if they released a physics update in the middle if a championship I was in. I think it's great that they are doing this, shows consideration for the community as a whole!

For the people asking for two different versions, this would also take time and money for developers to implement. So the question is, do you want them spending resources on that or new content. I for one vote for new content.

I'm new to raceroom but have been following them on streams for about two years. I have seen the changes in the game from george and jardier, that is the reason I decided to put a computer together just for this sim, had the most to offer and not break the bank. I'm for one, happy to see the direction this game has gone and can't wait to see where it goes.

Thank you for your hard work guys!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Not all features are held back due to eSports. It's only the features that affects the used cars in eSports or when there is a 'global' change (a change that can affect the used cars in eSports). It's to not affect the BOP of the cars that it's held back.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  10. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Also @J-F Chardon could you drive a WTCR with those new Tyre sound's :D please

11. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think that it's only the physics that's being held back.

12. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    It looks like there are some good things coming towards the end of the year. I have not been active with R3E all summer because nothing that has been released recently has really piqued my interest. Sadly, my seat time this summer has been limited to hooking my rig back up to GT6 and lapping Daytona, Indy and Laguna Seca with a virtual version of my IRL sports car. I look forward to getting back into R3E once this new stuff is added this winter.

13. thebaz

thebaz New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon are you eventually going to document the server APIs?

Thanks and Best Regards

14. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Part of a new track or am I just too stupid to know this pitlane?!
    ~Just throwing in some wishlisting~

Greetings

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
  16. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Well, the devs love doing this stuff, they once put one of the GT4 cars on one of the loading screens well over a year before it was announced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I know, stared at the KTM GT4 for days :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Just a small Idea.... just like Reiza collaborated with Studio397, wouldn't it be nice to see a collab between Kunos and Sector3? that would open some doors on both sides :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    If you're talking about having a Ferrari in the game, we already have one.[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Someone did this joke before.... damn I'm too much on this forum xD... anyway good one :D