General Setup Discussion

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Thomas Jansen, Apr 10, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Apparently there is a "Tom's IDR set up" floating around that people are using! Does anyone have a link to where I can find it?

2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Where did you hear that? :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    It was on Random Callsigns stream, there was talk it was publicly available but I haven't been able to find it.
    I thought it may have been yours, seeing as your super fast, would you mind sharing with me?
    I don't imagine it's going to give me the 10 seconds I'm off pace :oops: but it may give me something.

4. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I’m sure the setup is from “Tom the Dentist “ a quick driver in gamermuscles community, try on his discord for the setup

5. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    No it was my setup :p Gave it to GM when he was streaming, then jimmy got it too and RC eventually as well :D It's a bit of a mix of setups that were floating around and my own initial setup. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Well f me its a good en ! If i keep driving (which i cant tonight ) i could crack the 6 minutes i feel ! Only thanks to this setup ;) got me up to 79th atm :eek: thats over 4 seconds of my time with Austins setup !
    Still over 6 seconds off your stupidly fast time, but if other, other worldly drivers like yourself get this setup maybe your time could fall :cry:

7. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    message for alien Thomas Jansen : your setups are out of this world...please do more,like any modern dtm and group5.
    for every setup you post we'll give in return a rammer to probe

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I have a question about gearing.

Earlier I was reading a general setup guide, and got to the gear ratio section. This guide said that short shifting has benefits in terms of avoiding understeer or oversteer. Then it talks about to not always shift at max rpm as some cars loose momentum if you shift beyond their max BHP. I understand that but how would you find out where that point is if you don't have a rmp/torque chart?

9. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Trial and error :p a lot of the WTCRs are a good example, Honda in particular where shortshifting is far superior

10. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Is there data that shows the rpm and torque in the shared memory ? Maybe one of the HUD's that have been made shows it I wonder.

11. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    That means if we change the tire pressure and gear ratio on practice and then load the setup we did in the practice, it loads the tire pressure and gear ratio too? Or once the tire pressure and gear ratio is locked in the leaderboards, he only load all the other adjustments?

12. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Something like this? =P

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  13. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    It ignores the pressure settings from that setup yeah, gear ratios are free to use in LB

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    On WTCR and ADAC esports the tire pressure and ratio is "locked"...

So is there any advantage about making a setup in practice and then load it in the esports events?

15. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Gear ratios are locked everywhere for those classes, they’re fixed to regulations. Loading in a setup in LB will never change the locked setup options

16. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thabk you for explain me how it works the LB and setup! :)

17. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Sure, but I don't get on that much to pay for it to make it worth while.. maybe if I was involved in e-sports .. that would be different. Same reason why I don't Play iR( cough ) Rent. I'm not interested in paying a subscription for something that I wouldn't get my money's worth for the amount of time i'm able to dedicate to.

18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Have a look at secondmonitor app. It has telemetry graphs and all that and is free.

19. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I get that, the RST software is more of a premium product since we process all the raw telemetry in a way actual engineers would look at the data. definitely not for everyone, if you only want the raw data to compare some of the basic signals, there are some free options out there like Ravey1981 pointed out. I was just showing off the feature you were talking about.

20. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Nah I understand, It looks like a great tool. If I had the extra time I would go for it.