Resolved Huge FPS drop after last nvidia driver 436.02

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lino Carreira, Aug 26, 2019.

1. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lino Carreira
    Really would like to see you solve your issues, even more now that, as announced, there are major developments coming up to the game...
    I finally seem to have found solution to my issues. It was indeed a program interfering with RaceRoom, although it has absolutely no correlation to it. So, after I uninstalled it, RRRE is finally running smooth for 4 or 5 days in a row now.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    What's the name of the service? My search pointed me to Touchpad but that's not running in my system, so must be another service.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Mine isnt running anymore so cant be positive , i did "stop" anything with touch in it until it disappeared form the nVidia GPU activity thingio .

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Any suspects what started it up? Trying to figure out as I just booted and I no longer see it running. :)

5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Well kill it now!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    :/

Attached Files:

7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    First you need to stop it in Task Manager then follow this

You should be able to disable it by navigating to C:\Windows\SystemApps and renaming the folder InputApp_cw5n1h2txyewy

You will have to kill the process before it will let you rename it though.

I just put a 1 or 2 at the end of it in case I ever want to change it back it will be easy to do. As Windows updates have come ive had to redo this a few times as you can see from my screenshot (top 3 lines).
    Hope this works for you as it was a life saver for me .

The Powershell option only stopped it until i restarted anyway . Renaming it stops it forever ....well until the next time a windows update puts it back in but i just rename it again .

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    but im a bit confused what is this process suposed to do and is this something new introduced with last drivers ?

9. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Open NVCP at the top left click "desktop" click "Display GPU activity icon in notification area" now on the bottom right of Windows click the little ^ looking symbol and click the nVidia activity app , see whats running , if its running open Task Manager and stop it then follow steps in previous post to stop it permanently .
    If its not running move on ! No it wasnt a new thing in the last update for me but it did get put back in last update and i had to stop it again .
    If you cant figure it out , im not sure what else to do .

10. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ok m8 thanks

11. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    unfortunatelly its not ... oh well

Attached Files:

12. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    A while back, somebody reported some issues with Raceroom that turned out to be related to his Corsair keyboard. You are running some Corsair software, have you tried turning it off/stopping it?

13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I've never seen so many things running on mine, lol, i have a max of 4 things there ever. Who knows what's going on other than it could be anyone of those, corsair sounds like a good start..

14. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well, i do have corsair link to control the pump from my H150 but , if theres any issue why only on a game with DX9 ? im more inclined to think that something on these drivers do that , AC,ACC,rF2,iracing all behave nicely , and if i roll back to pre 436.15 raceroom runs uber smooth at 50% usage with 100 FPS in 3840x1080 all maxed mostly....

15. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I noticed a drop in FPS as well. It just does not runs that smooth like before. Strange thing is, in 5760x1080 it runs worse than in 7680x1440.

16. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    New driver today..still same crap... would be nice if someone from S3 would take a look at this...

17. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Would also be cool if that Green resolved was not there...

18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    What are these major developments?

19. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    well that was wrong