Problem Heavy flickering on VR start

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by St54Kevin, Sep 15, 2019.

1. St54Kevin

St54Kevin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey racers,

i recently got heavy white flashing flickering when starting with SteamVR and Oculus Rift S. Its not even showing ingame menu, only white flickering in shape of the window. 2D its normally starting up. Tried deleting my settings but nothing changed. start command -vr 1.5 (also tried 2.0 and no SS). Nothing helps. Every other game is starting flawlessly. I really dont know what changed that it is not working anymore. some month ago it worked without problems.t

W10, i7-6700K 4,5GHz, GTX1070

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Kevin

2. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    interested in this also - I can't get anything but a black screen with my Rift S. AC, ACC PC2 all work fine?

3. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I used to get alot of white flickering screens when SS was set too high, but not had it for ages.

A black screen can often be where you are "infront" of the menu.
    You need to start in flat screen mode and make sure VR recentre button is mapped.
    Then try pressing it when you relaunch in VR mode.
    (I assume you can hear the audio)?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  4. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I can here audio. I just set it up last night. I had full video but couldn't click continue. It mentioned something about controller mismatch. Headset decided to update itself for a second time and that's when pc2 and acc started working with my wheel then the black screen on R3E. I'll try again after work. You may be onto something.

5. Til I Die

Til I Die New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried resetting the seating position in the steam or oculus vr menu while running r3e?
    I had the same issue and that fixed it for me, because the camera was apparently set way of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. St54Kevin

St54Kevin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I can actually SEE the menu flickering. Also recenter HMD is mapped and was tested but does nothing at all. Also enabling the 2D screen view while in VR does nothing

7. St54Kevin

St54Kevin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nothing?

8. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    are you running Nvidia or AMD? If AMD, I just saw a youtube video with flickering that evenually was fixed with new drivers.

9. St54Kevin

St54Kevin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nope NVidia GTX1070, latest drivers.

10. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, exact same card I have. Have you tried validating your game files in steam?

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. St54Kevin

St54Kevin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I did a validation of game files and for some reason the flickering is gone. I´ll report back if that happens again Thanks

12. St54Kevin

St54Kevin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I found out, that this problem exist when a Guarding is set in Oculus App. When I deactivate it, its gone