Pitlane Speeding and Manual Starting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Oct 3, 2019.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Just 2 small questions that I have in my mind for a while now:

Is there any reason why it's allowed to race through the pitlane in practice and qualifying?
    Somebody (Me) even created a meme about that...:
    index.jpg
    it's a small simple thing that somehow kills the simulation factor in that regard (for me at least).

The other Question is: Why are Manual starts not possible/allowed? Possible Jumpstarts would make this phase a lot more interesting imo.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Never experienced it myself but from what ive read around here trolls would deliberately jump start and then driving into other people, causing them to get a penalty for a jump start as well which wasnt exactly ideal :D dont know what other sims do differently tho so that they dont run into similar problems

The pitlane is just pure realism ;) if people wanna race through the pitlane in real life theres nothing stopping them the first time. They just wont be let near a track any time soon again :D

3. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    One Idea would be a Ghostmode if you jump the start very early, that would eliminate the trolls :D

What I mean is, in Racing session when you speed into or while you are in the pitlane you will get a penalty or dq... but thats not the case while in practice or quali session, just wondering why?

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well if you do it in training or quali in real life youll just have to pay a fine. Dont think r3e can start charging players for speeding in the pitlane although it would be a nice source of income :D
    Dont know what they realistically could do for that scenario. Anything i can think of would seem over the top for what essentially is no more than a bit of an immersion breaker for other players

5. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    10 VRP for every speeding... :D
    In rF2 for example you get a drive trough and in ACC you will get disqualified (happend to me because I was used to the R3E rules xD) for speeding in pitlane while in qualifying. The result is you see everybody using the pitlimiter while driving out of the pitline, meanwhile in raceroom everybody is doing donuts and breaking the sound barrier :D xD