Bug Cannot set resolutions in triple screen

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by [REVS] Mograph, Jun 20, 2015.

1. [REVS] Mograph

[REVS] Mograph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    If i have my 3 screens set up in nvidia surround correctly at 5760x1080 when I launch the game i cannot choose a resolution higher than 720 pixels high in any of the aspect ratios, even the 16:9 ones.

This has only recently started after a driver update from nvidia. other games work perfectly fine. and can see the resolutions from the NV Surround monitor.

Windowed mode or full-screen it doesn't make a difference. I've tried changing the settings file manually in the My Games/simbin folder.

I've tried adding the resolutions to the supported resolutions xml file and the game will still not detect them correctly.

If i disable nvidia surround i can change resolution all the way up to 1920X1080.

System is windows 10 eval build 10130
    Nvidia Drivers are 352.84 WHQL Certified windows 10 drivers
    Nvidia GTX 970 4gb
    intel i53570k
    16gb Ram

anybody had this issue and managed to get it fixed?

2. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem and it is nVidia drivers related. Before you start RRRE, just set your resolution and surround trough nVidia Control Panel again and you will get 48x9 with higher resolution option for 3 screens. At least it works for me, even I know it is not permmament solution, but I will wait for new graphic driver.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Does this work for a single screen? I couldn't get a 1920x1080 option in R3E with Windows 10 build 10130.

4. [REVS] Mograph

[REVS] Mograph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    i can get it to work for single screen yeah.

5. Matej Lakota

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I don˙t know mate, but try to set your screen resolution in Nvidia Control Panel again, save it and see if you get more resolution options in the game.

6. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    We should merge all the "Resolution under Win10" treads into one ;)
    R3E has some issues when running under the Win 10 TP. This seems to be related to changes made on the Win 10 builds >= 10130. With earlier builds, everything runs fine.
    According to other posts also AMD cards are affected, so neither just a Nvidia driver issue nor caused by R3E.

I tried the 10134 and 10135 builds as well, but no change :( 10174 is said to be around the corner, so let's cross finger...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matej Lakota

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I am running Win 8.1 and I am almost sure, my problem is caused by driver, but unlike your single monitor problem, mine it is not critical and I can deal with it in a minute.

8. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Ok, but Win 8.1 is a different story ... These issues refer to Win 10 only and the TO runs the preview