App Adaptive AI primer/database tool

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by pixeljetstream, Jun 4, 2016.

1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    great, thank you, I will try it again from scratch :)

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    You actually only need two races.
    Just make sure the two AI difficulties you run with is at least 5 levels apart.

3. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    First off, thanks for the great app! :)

Please forgive the dumb question here, but there are certain car and track combinations that I have run against the AI and have 'Player Best' times for, however there are no AI levels or times in the right hand column.

Can someone please tell me how I go about getting these to appear in the app?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ah, hang on, I think I understand now -

"You actually only need two races.
    Just make sure the two AI difficulties you run with is at least 5 levels apart."

:)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I just ran a GT3 Championship against the AI at Red Bull Ring, Suzuka Circuit, Hungaroring and Bathurst.

Only being able to pick one fixed AI level for an entire Championship has always been a problem as the AI has never really been able to successfully match my pace across all of the tracks. This, I'm sure, is no doubt at least partly due to me being more proficient on some tracks than others.

Whilst choosing adaptive AI seemed to be the way to go, again there were problems with car and track combinations which hadn't been run enough times to produce accurate results or where my previous performances had been inconsistent.

However, for the first time ever this evening after using the AAI Primer, the adaptive AI were a good match with my pace across all four circuits in the Championship thanks to this rather wizard little app.

So, a big thank you pixeljetstream, CheerfullyInsane and all the other folks who contributed towards the production of this great little app. It's very much appreciated. :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    has anybody got an update assest.txt file form the primer tool that includes all the new cars and tracks?
    I've just started using this primer tool but I think the assets file doesn't include the gt4s etc

6. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Here ya go.

Attached Files:

7. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    If you use a good drivers adaptive AI file how quickly does the AI take to come down to your level?

regards

8. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    you are a legend thanks

9. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Depends on how big the difference in lap-times is.
    But you're better off building your own. By using someone else's you're stuck with the levels he's been using for any given combo.
    If you build your own, it'll start in approximately the right place for any new combo.
    Plus, by using someone else's you have to delete/overwrite his lap-times before it starts adapting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    @CheerfullyInsane
    actually whilst your assets file now shows the GT4 class and my Player Best times; it's not showing the AI Times on any of the tracks except Chang D Circuit!

Am I doing something wrong?

Also I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the data right but looking at Chang D Circuit data it says my best time is 1:11.788 and the AI 120 is a:12.378 . Does that mean that the AI is not going to get any stronger on the track for me?

11. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    If you're talking about the Primer Tools main UI, it'll only show AI times if you have at least two entries with a minimum of 5 levels between them.
    The whole point of the tool is to get an approximate average for all possible levels, thus it needs some data-points with a bit of distance between them. Think of it having to draw a straight line through two points; the further the two are spaced apart, the better the chance you have to hit the right angle.
    However, inside the Tools installation-folder, there's a sub-folder called /results.
    Inside that you'll find a file called database.htm, which will list any and all AI entries you've ever run with their lap-times.
    If you want the tool to 'work' simply look up the entries you have for that particular combo, then run fixed AI at +- 5 levels.
    That'll get you the desired result.

Though having said that, if you're already running against AAI, and you're not getting enough variation to get the 5 level difference, odds are you're already at the right level.

As for the 120 AI at Chang, it's possible.
    The GT4 AI is pretty weak compared to the rest of the classes. I routinely run 115+ against the GT4s, whereas I'm normally in the 100-105 range with anything else.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  12. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Cheers mate
    That makes sense and thanks for the heads up on how to get the info I’m looking for

13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I believe there is a bug with the Adaptive AI when using the AI selector (it is not making entries into the AI file), I have reported it.

14. hofb1860

hofb1860 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    does anyone have the new assets.txt with the ADAC GT 2018 cars and Most?

15. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    You can easily add the ID numbers yourself.
    But here ya go. I haven't tested it, but it should be working. Just make a backup of your old one first, just in case.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Oops.
    Slight typo in the above assets.txt.
    Easily fixed though. Use Notepad to open it, then find this:

<optgroup label="Autodrom Most">
    <option value="7111">Autodrom Most - Grand Prix</option>
    </optgroup>

Change the 7111 to 7112, save, and it works for Most as well.

17. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    IMPORTANT change, the tool as of now tries to find the R3E and use its r3e-data.json rather than the assets.txt which no longer exists. If it cannot find the r3e game directory you must enter it manually in the config.lua file.
    The benefit is that it will now always know the actual classes/tracks the game has.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    @pixeljetstream Something's screwy with the new version.
    Or at least it doesn't work on my rig. No command-window or anything whenever I try to boot it.
    Tried setting the directories manually as well, still no dice.
    No biggie, as I still have the old version, but it would be nice to get it working.

19. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Can you run it from a console and tell me if it prints anything @CheerfullyInsane

20. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Here ya go.
    [​IMG]