HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Going from memory, there was a key you could use to "Pause" the data display, it might be that.
    I'll have a search see if I can find what the key(s) where.

Edit:

Press Shift+Space to freeze the current game state (and same again to resume it again)

2. raysson

raysson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the hint, that's new for me.
    But didn't help.

One more thing, also the team radio sign is always on.

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    You haven't activated the "show all widgets" function by accident, have you? This does what it says, but creates static versions of some widgets so that you can place them on your screen even while they're inactive.

4. Omar "Ramo"

Omar "Ramo" Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone...
    I have a problem: in NO WAY can I make this wonderful HUD work.
    Launch "Dash.exe", start Steam (with the link '-webdev -webHudUrl = xxxx://otterhud.github.io/' inserted), launch RaceRoom but, on the game, nothing appears.
    Sector3's WEBHUD works perfectly ..
    What am I doing wrong?

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    If the S3 HUD works ok then it surely has to be a URL problem? I use OtterHUD and have no issues at all. Make sure you are exactly copying the URL in full, no extra characters or spaces.

Code:
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Omar "Ramo"

Omar "Ramo" Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    thanks to your comment, I paid more attention ..
    I had left too much space.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  7. I ///M Back

I ///M Back New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey @OtterNas3, the gaps to the cars are not displayed correctly in the relative hud. It's also changing over time pretty much (And not because of gaining or losing time :D). Is it possible to fix it?

Btw. the hud is great, i love it!

20191012010300_1.jpg

8. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.17

Due to Work and a Injury i had lately, there was not much time to work on the Manul-Formation lap stuff, so i decided to not include it in this one, to push out the fixes and changes.
    I hope to, finish the testing and publish it soon!

Changelog:
    • Added "Show Tire-Wear per Lap" toggle to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default ON)
      This will toggle the Tire-Wear per Lap number

• "Show all Widgets" will now store your previous enabled Widgets and restores them when disabling the Show all Widgets mode, this way you dont have to disable the previously disabled Widgets anymore

• Widget Zoom Sliders removed from the Setings screen to gain more space for upcoming stuff

• Damage Widget will not show a yellow Aero Bar anymore when repaired in Pits

• Motec Widget changed so the Pit-Limiter-Blinking will not blink the Background anymore, instead only the RPM-Bar and the Speed will blink Red/Blue

• Race Start Lights Widget changed to highest possible update frequency
      This will hopefully resolve the Lag in Starting Lights, which some Users seem to had

• Tires Widget fix for the Tire-Wear per Lap calculation, which sometimes accidently took aborted/invalid and outlaps into the Calculation, which resulted in weird numbers
      Also the Background of the Tires Widget will now stay fully green, instead of empty black, when running in a Session with no Tire-Wear enabled

• TVTower Widget fixed the short Display of the list, that sometimes did not show the Drivers behind, when running in 6th Position

• Track Info Widget fixed some typos in Corner Names, and not showing any Details for Sachsenring

I not yet found a good solution of placing the numbers as it would require to make the Widget wider, so the numbers would not get to small, but still on the To-Do list!

Small note on the wrong Fuel-Calculation stuff for the Nordschleife VLN & 24H Layout
    I did some diggin and remembered a bug i found, which i forgot about again after discovery, that reported wrong Track-Distance in the API on the Start-Finish Straight.
    Watch it here, and look closely on the reported Distance:

As you can see, when you Drive close to the Pit-Wall it reports the Track Distance as if you went on to the Nordschelife from the GP Part of the Track.
    I reported this in the RaceRoom Discord, and it is under Investigation.
    Probably the Issue here is, that when you go close to the Pit-Wall it takes the "Outlap Path" which is used to make the Shortcut possible, so your next Lap will count when crossing the Finish-Line.
    Problem here is that the Fuel-Calculation is not able to detect you crossing the Finish-Line as the reported Distance is nowhere near it.
    A Temporary fix for you would be, to make sure you dont go close to the Pit-Wall, while Driving.
    Sure this is sometimes not possible in a Race, but unfortunately there is nothing i can do about it at the moment, sorry!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 9
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  9. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much especially for this one! :)

10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0

I liked the backgroung blinking
    Why not the option to choose how to see the blinking?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Already thought about it, when i hit the upload button, will make it optional in the next one, or maybe later tonight!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rasmus

Rasmus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

thank you for a great effort making this "app" :)

However, as many others I'm also having issues with the readability, especially with the tyre information (pressure, temp, etc) and fuel/lap details, when playing in VR. Is there any easy VR work-around or can you make a dedicated version for VR?

I would also prefer to run this locally, to avoid potential connectivity issues.

13. Rasmus

Rasmus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Also, it possible to resize the boxes as in R3E fusion webhud?

14. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You should be able to resize the elements using your scroll wheel when hovered over the element.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hi Otter, any way to allow some option to adjust the size/font (like with the sliders previously)? Downscaled to triple 23" and the font is quite limiting for my eyes :)

16. Bult

Bult Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to show best lap in each session? I clicked auto delete after each session but the lap times stay there.
    Thx.

EDIT: after several times deleting laptimes manually it works now as it should..

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  17. UsF

UsF Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Would it be possible to add an option to show the ID of all other drivers, instead of only the one currently being watched? Right now to report someone via ID, you have to cycle through to them and hope you catch the right one. If everyone's ID is showing, it would be much easier.

Also what is the reason for the HUD sometimes disappearing and loading back in shortly after?

18. John Fetz

John Fetz New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nice HUD, thanks for doing this.
    However, i got some issues with it.
    Since i installed CrewChief and inserted the link, my RaceRoom does not start from Steam at all.
    It tries to launch but stops right away, trying to launch again, and again, etc...
    Sometimes i get an error message from Steam saying that RR is trying to access the launch options and if i am ok with this. Pressing ok results in the same message with twice the start options mentioned.
    How do i get RR to start again?

19. John Fetz

John Fetz New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    this is what the steam error looks like:

20. John Fetz

John Fetz New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: