Fanatec wheelbase, what else is needed?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sherpa25, Oct 10, 2019.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm planning to upgrade from a T300, and get the CSW 2.5 base, and perhaps the Mclaren wheel (good as it appears to be the cheapest). Do I need anything else, like the Quick Release adapter? Never had a Fanatec wheel.

A relative is visiting the US now so have the chance for someone to take the stuff back next month.

-->dang, wheel is not yet avail. until Nov 30 :(

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
  4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Notice how they don’t sell the wheel without the metal quick release adaptor!
    Yes I do think you want it if you want to feel confident that you won’t break the pins...my first wheel had the plastic adaptor and it failed; they repaired the wheel and on my request installed the metal one. It’s sooo much better

• Like Like x 1
  5. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @sherpa25 You do not need to purchase the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter for any of our steering wheels. Every product in our Steering Wheels category (including the Podium Hub and ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One) connects directly to our wheel bases. The ClubSport Quick Release Adapter is an optional accessory, introduced at the same time as the McLaren wheel (because this is the first CSL wheel with an upgradeable QR).

(The older ClubSport steering wheel designs have an integrated ClubSport Quick Release, and the new generation ClubSport and Podium steering wheels already have the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter installed.)

The McLaren wheel has been listed only as a bundle with the CS QRA for some time, this is because unfortunately a small batch of the simplified QRs included with the McLaren wheel were out of spec, and were not functioning correctly, resulting in the broken pin issue. This issue has been resolved, and we are planning to list the McLaren wheel without the CS QRA again in the near future. Customers who have an issue with the simplified QR are being given replacements by our support team, because these are within spec and work perfectly well. The CS QRA is offered as an option at a reduced price.

• Like Like x 2