App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hey Scout, just a FYI. I streamed a club race last Tuesday evening using your latest 1.9.0 version. Absolutely outstanding work BTW.
    My Cousin was in that race and when he watched the stream later he noticed a discrepancy in the reporting of PTP. With 5 minutes left in race two it was indicated he had 0 PTP remaining. However at the end of the race he had 4 PTP left.
    Again, FYI.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Dave, will try diagnose the issue. Was it a widget on the overlay itself showing the
    wrong value or was it in the broadcast controller?

3. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    It was on the overlay itself, shown when I focused on his car.

Cheers Dave, will try diagnose the issue. Was it a widget on the overlay itself showing the
    wrong value or was it in the broadcast controller?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dusko Dogandzic

Dusko Dogandzic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    thanks for great software.
    Does anyone knows how to make instant replay for incidents during live stream. I need to be able to look at incident if i have missed it in stream and show it as instant replay. I can use multiple PC if needed.

5. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Here is a little more info on the PTP. My cousin compared his POV recording with my stream when his car was focused. He found the following:
    "I did notice that one time while I was spotlighted the display showed me using the PTP as I entered the start/finish straight (which was accurate) and then it showed me using it again at the end of the s/f straight, which can't be done. The PTP stays on for 10 seconds then there is a cool down period where you can't activate it again for 20 seconds and 10 seconds is just about what it takes to do that s/f straight. I believe that's the key here and if you look at the attached data you'll see that it follows that trend. The program appears to be interpreting the cool-down period as the start of another PTP."

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    hey @Scout i just updated to 1.9.0 from 1.7.7 and the logo is always Raceroom. logos in results folder work fine on 1.7.7 when i change name to base.png but not for 1.9.0

no worries, i just figured out we are back to the logoOverlay/flat folder

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  7. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0

Hi Greg,

This was reverted in v1.8.0 to not show series logos anymore and always keep the raceroom logo by default for better recognition of the game.

You can always change this though manually if you want by replacing that file.

8. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to have two logo places, top right for series/league and bottom right for permanent raceroom logo?

9. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    For this use case, it's probably better to add a new image using OBS or whatever streaming tool you use for better results.

10. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hi Dave, we are still trying to debug this on both the game and overlay side, but not able to reproduce the issue. Have you a the live stream of the race posted somewhere?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes, here is the link:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Cheers, one last question, what program was the driver using to display the PTP value, was it in game or a 3rd party HUD?

What looks weird to me is that at this point in race 2, you can see the PTP indicator light up on the blue cars windscreen, which is picked up by the broadcast overlay showing the indicator at the same time, but the "Actual" value from the driver side doesn't seem to reduce?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I am going to try to get my cousin in on this thread. and I have forwarded this question to him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Akrapovic

Akrapovic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry i dont' understand the installation.
    I have to put all the files inside the raceroom directory?
    After?
    1. Install .nodejs org OK
    2. Run `start.bat OK all green if all folder is outside, inside some red error.
    3. Add broadcast =localhost 9090 in Steam Game launch options. Where?
    4. Open localhos 9090 in a browser. OK

Also, all this Ui, is possibile to use during a local championship, or race?
    If anyone know, how i can see in the top bar,of the race, all the category who is running. I only saw my category.

Thank you very much

15. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hello, you don't need to install inside the game folder, best to have it outside.

It looks like its only not working because of Step 4. Follow the steps to set the startup param in steam:

Right click on the game and choose properties

upload_2019-10-17_17-29-42.png

Choose Set launch options:

upload_2019-10-17_17-31-42.png

Enter in the launch option and click ok

upload_2019-10-17_17-32-12.png

Start the game.

Hope it helps.

16. Akrapovic

Akrapovic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok thankyou very much.
    on one pc it work all, but i can't see nothing during single player pratice or race.
    On other pc when i click start.bat the exe start and closed after 1 second. it works or not? how to fix it?

Also, all this Ui, is possibile to use during a local championship, or race?
    If anyone know, how i can see in the top bar,of the race, all the category who is running. I only saw my category.

17. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    he is using only the game display ie:

"I'm using only the official Raceroom displays, no 3rd party stuff. I can't even get the TS Notifier to work so I gave up on 3rd party stuff long ago."

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Cheers @Dave Wyatt - I am guessing that he doesn't have a livestream of his point of view, or a replay file maybe?

19. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Actually he does (I think). He hasn't uploaded it to youtube yet, I'll check with him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, it was deleted after he examined it.