FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! Now is just to load this file in the wheel fbb settings right?

2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Put in in this folder:

C:\Users\your user folder\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    And it automatically load it, or I have to change the controller profile?

4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    It´s in the Controller Profiles list... Just choose it...

"Logitech G920 Driving Force Alex_unique"

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!! :)

6. chancenvergeber

chancenvergeber New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I am newbie in the simracing world and I am currently trying to set up my Thrustmaster 300 RS.
    I want the most realistic experience possible , but I don't understand the approach of the FFB settings.

I thought Raceroom is a simulation with physical models where everything is calculated. In case of FFB this should lead to a certain signal. This signal should then be scaled to the specific FFB wheel so that the torque value in the FFB wheel matches the torque that you would also get in the real race car.

What I don't understand is: why can i customize the ratio between certain forces? Just for personal taste? What is the most realistic setting? Everything 100%?
    Do I have completely unrealistic expectations? Is FFB not based on physics, suspension geometry, friction coefficients,...?

chancengvergeber

7. Inspectah

Inspectah New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As far as I'm aware, no game has realistic ffb. In real race cars you really don't get that much feedback from the wheel, but as a sim racer the only thing that can tell you whats going on with the car is the wheel, so almost everything you would feel in a real car is compressed into the wheel.

8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Here is a good ffb explanation and settings.
    I based my own settings for my TM TX wheel on those settings and you can find them here.

9. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I went another route that spending hours on wheel tuning only because I wanted more tactile feedback from my Sim experience and getting FFB through wheel only has its limitatiosn obviously

I did add to my rig 6 bass shakers driven by pocket amplifiers, placed in front (2 close to pedals) and back (2 under seat, 2 in the actual backseat)and the whole thing with tailored effects is managed through a software solution called SIMHUB

it might not be what you want but this sub 200USD invest in my rig has brought lot of immersion (realism? lol) into my rig

thats before adding motion ($$$) obviously

10. jacominus10

jacominus10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any settings reference or suggestion about wtcr for sc2 ?

11. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I have a question to only Thrustmaster users. When you pick a car that has 540 or 900 degrees. Is your control panel changing as well or always staying at 900 if you alt-tab and view your control panel?

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No. Your control panel always stays at full or whatever you set it as. The in-game lock and lock-stops are only applied in game. Set everything to maximum in TM settings and let the game handle the rest.

13. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    It changes
    Have to agree and disagree at the same time. The angle in control panel does NOT change while you have that window opened and Alt-Tab to it, thats correct. So no change on the fly. But it DOES change if you close control panel and reopen it.
    So be careful if you drove a F90 for example and leave the game, your wheel rotation in CP will stay on that angle (450 degrees). So check that before starting another game and wondering why your steering seems to be off.

14. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I’m almost certain mine use to. I was using the gt3 Porsche which in game is 540 but
    In the control panel it was 900. I open and closed it a few times to see if it would adjust. I updated the drivers but didn’t have to try as it was getting pretty late. Will see later today

15. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hello, Mine is changing too in the control panel ,it happened after an update i don't know which!

16. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    No mine isn’t changing.

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have never experienced this, and I use multiple Sims and chop and change between them often. My steering in game(s) is always as it should be.

18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    As far as I am aware, and I'm not 100% by any means, is that the settings in TM are the maximums that a game can use, eg if you have damper at 0 in TM then even setting to 100 in game has no effect (as it's 100% of zero). Similar with rotation. Set to max in TM and let game pick what range it wants to use. Has always worked for me.

19. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I agree with what you mention about setting the sliders to 100 in CP and letting the sim use what ever you chose to use in-game settings. I just remember seeing my change per car before if i alt-tabbed to desktop and seems to of stopped doing that. My eyes may be just playing tricks on me. But then I wanted to test and to change the rotation to 540 in the CP to match the car in steering settings and it was a lot more responsive as it should, but then i switched to back to default and was less responsive than what i changed the control panel

20. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Seems that the "real" sims handle it correctly and alter the needed angle according to specific cars. If I remember right, it might have been "wreckfest" where I had that issue that the steering was too sensitive all of a sudden...
    But you are right: everything maxed in CP and let the sim do the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.