December Update - Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheMattyOnline, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Eventually more cars will come im sure.

And yes I misread the earlier post.. I confused my self with symmetrical.

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    They're not. Not even close.
    iRacing's engine was designed as a hardcore sim for MP racing only from the beginning. Which is presumably why they're taking their time adding AI to it. Wasn't built for that in the first place.
    R3Es engine was (at least initially) designed as a hot-lap sim. Main focus was on a jump-in-and-go sim for showrooms, conventions, that sort of thing. The fact that S3 has managed to threaten and cajole that engine into doing what it's doing now, is nothing less than astounding.

So all the stuff that people are asking for sim-wise simply wasn't intended to be in R3E in the first place. Meaning you not only have to add systems that can handle the new features, you also have to remove whatever hard-coded limitations the engine has.
    Take night-racing for instance. It's not just a case of removing the sun as a light-source. In case you haven't noticed, the headlights on the cars aren't actually functional. They might light up on the car, but they're not projecting light.
    So in order for night-racing to happen, you not only have to remove the sun, you also have to add proper 3D lights to every car and track. AND you also have to program the rendering-engine to be able to take multiple dynamic light-sources into account without slowing the game to a crawl.
    Same with a damage-model. You not only have to design new collision-physics, you'll also have to redo every single car with detachable parts and compression zones. Oh, and you have to teach the AI how to drive a damaged car as well.

Is it possible? Probably.
    But it's an awful lot of work for a very small gain.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I love such teaser videos … ok, it seems that the big "boom" is still coming. Very nice!!! :cool:

"Rasengitterstein" + "white-red curbs" … mhhhhhhhhh o_Oo_Oo_O

"Bilster Berg" :D:p ... ;)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  5. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Or it's just Nordschleife ;)
    More possibilities: Brands Hatch GP or almost every other circuit (except Le Mans, unfortunately :()
    Greetings

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Divebomb69

Divebomb69 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    New track surface??? Track rubber build-up??

7. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    It looks like you were supposed to take a video of you walking around the track, but accidentally had the camera pointing to the ground.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    It´s just nothing... So do not get confused...

9. Feimberg

Feimberg Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I think the only thing we have to speculate is which cars and tracks are coming. The rest is very explicit in topic posted in the first page. Gt3 and older DTM physics update and scheduled and rated multiplayer, which I think is the greatest thing to happen.
    In my opinion after the multiplayer system implementation, the next big thing will be the engine update so we can get dynamic weather and day time. But this probably is not even close (December 2020 maybe?).

10. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    a couple of amateur modders managed to create Content manager, shader light patch, WET mod and SOL on their private time to get dynamic weather, rain and day/night transition so why a Dev team wouldnt be able to achieve the same,I dont agree with your statement.
    And the above I am mentioning about the immersion addition to AC is not what the community called a "small gain", it totally transformed the game and certainly made it why its still so popular off an ONLINE

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I was very happy that ACC feels so much better than AC. It finally feels like rubber on the rims so i uninstalled AC aka "the plastic tire simulator" after my first test drive in ACC... :D

And btw all that AC modding stuff is great yes but costs tons of fps and still looks not as great as ACC ^^

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    well I am not sure about ACC being such a vast improvement in Physics over AC, I own both and the AC tyre model had evolved pretty nicely over the years

regarding "costs", the mods on AC are free (I made donation to the modders though considering the amazing work they have done) and I dont know about your system but my modded AC runs flawless on my triple screen rig, well within my Freesync range (75Hz) for a butter smooth experience even in Night&rain heavy AI cars conditions

lot of people would argue with your statement if you imply that ACC runs smooth because for example even with my Mid to High end system,I am struggling to reach 60fps consistent at High settings, let alone Epic insane fps taxing settings

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  13. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    If i remember it correctly there still 3 Porsches to come and 3 tracks in the making.

I hope one big bomb is the sceduled MP

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    mmmmm

i alays believd , that it was actually the papyrus code that was used for iracing , abd that there is still a lot of it in there

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Well, the problem is that most programmers insist on being paid for their work.
    Which is presumably why it took a modder to do it in AC. My guess is that Kunos didn't think it was worth the time and money.
    So it's not only a question of IF it can be done, it's also a question of whether those programming resources are holding back another source of revenue.
    Having said that, there's a couple of big differences between AC and R3E, not the least of which is the age of the engine.
    AC is comparatively new, and was made for modding whereas R3Es engine is (at least in tech-terms) positively ancient.
    Plus, as I stated earlier, it was never meant for this kind of thing. So my guess is that there's a buttload of limitations hardcoded into the engine simply because nobody figured it would go this far.
    The fact that R3E was never made with modding in mind, but is also online-only throws a pretty big wrench into the machinery as well. Without the ability to add portions to the game via modules means you'll have to change the core-engine itself.
    So you'll end up with all sorts of online mismatch problem, and every mod will be overwritten every time there's an update.
    And that's assuming you can even get it to work with the online-checks performed every time you boot it up.

As for whether it's a small gain, that is obviously a personal opinion.
    But it has been my experience that once the novelty of night/rain wears off, most people don't bother much with it.

Sorta, kinda. iRacing was established by some of the previous Papyrus guys, and it is based on that physics-engine.
    The MP coding, and all the web-based stuff is brand new, and I suspect the physics had a fair bit of tuning as well to handle all these new car-classes.
    I mean, iRacing was in development for four years before they even opened up for beta-testing.
    Presumably they weren't just twiddling their thumbs. :D

16. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Sebring. :rolleyes:

17. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    If this teaser video isn't a joke, then the most important tracks from our wishlist are out …
    1. Le Mans = yellow-blue curbs
    2. Sebring = white-blue curbs
    3. Watkins Glen = yellow-red curbs
    4. Road Atlanta = white-green curbs
    5. Catalunya = white-red curbs
    6. Interlagos = white-yellow-green curbs
    7. Donington = white-blue curbs
    8. Brno = white-blue-red curbs
    9. Oulton Park = white-red curbs
    10. Daytona = yellow-yellow curbs
    A "grass paver" is a very famous kind of grass protection method here in Europe. I don't know any foreign race place in Asia, Australia or North America with this track extension ...

... white-red curbs + dark yellow gravel / brown gravel + grass pavers are features of:

Brands Hatch GP
    [​IMG]

or

Oulton Park
    [​IMG]

Solved???

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Either of these 2 tracks would be epic..

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah, unrealistic expectations :

1. Anti-Alien Defense System (a machine gun mounted on the vehicle actually would do the job- to keep those suckers at bay)
    2. Grid Girls (One is actually enough to give you a nice massage,serving yummy snacks or sth. during your race)
    3. Automatic Hotlap Competition Mode : Let those idiots drive their a**** off, while you lean back, taking a bath, having a good meal. The HC- Mode will provide any result you wish for...
    4. Esport Competitions Finals will now become bare knuckle fights. Lets see how mean those weaklings can be, how far they will go, to become the desired No1 (No weapons allowed) !
    5. Turn One Fail-Safe System (TOSS) : Any car (and its idiot driver) who attempts to win a race at Turn One, will automatically explode, the game will be terminated and your HD wiped clean. You will also be banned for live. Same goes for wreckers and crashkids of all kind.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  20. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Oulton would be a great addition!
    Nice work, Patrick "Sherlock" Schilhan. :)

• Like Like x 1