2 Leo Bodnar Boards causing conflicts in Key Bindings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Michael Jeffries, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys!
    I currently have HPP PRX Pedals which use a Leo Bodnar Board, but I recently added the SimRacingMachine's Fanatec Emulator Quick Release for a Turn Racing Wheel (3rd party wheel).
    They also use the same board so it comes up as a bu0836a-1 (for the 2nd controller for the wheel), but then when im remapping the buttons, the brake pedal isnt binding, and some of the buttons on the wheel are coming up as doubles on my 7-way stick on the Turn Racing wheel.

How can I fix this issue? It shows the HPP pedals under BU0836a and BU0836a-1 for the Wheel, but somehow it's still conflicting.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    where does it show these IDs exactly?

I'm thinking maybe this is down to those two boards having the same product-ID and hence are considered the 'same' device by the game? Have you checked the device IDs for both devices in Windows' device manager?

3. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I didnt do that, but I can check later. I know in RaceRoom it added a "-1" to the end of the controller name in the settings though.

Do you know if it's possible to rename it in Windows so they won't conflict?

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's the thing, afaIk hardware/device IDs (at least those of USB devices) are embedded in the device's firmware and I don't think you can change them. :/

5. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    How does it work? You can dl a flash tool to upload new firmware, but how to rename the device? Is it possible to rename the microBBI also?

7. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    You can't rename it, only upload a different firmware (10 max) which gives the device a different name.

You have to ask LB is this is possible withe MicroBBi to