Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You need a screen dedicated to it for best results, although it will still collect telemetry data in the background. I have a screen mounted above my racing screen for second monitor. If you have a spare display port of any kind you should be able to hook up a screen, or if not try a usb3 to hdmi adapter, they work well for this kind of thing.

2. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    In order for me to do that i'd need a 4th display which I don't have unfortunately. I could just tab out in between a few laps during a qualifying run to check a few things since its too hard to read and drive lol.

3. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten so I've recently been playing quite a lot of iracing....but I'm really missing second monitor app on there.....any plans to make it compatible?

4. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Sadly not any time soon. I can only support the sims that I play (atleast occasionally). And with the spare time I have, and the size of my gaming backlog :D, I just cannot justify a subscription based sim.

But the project is open source, so if anyone wants to make an IRacing adapter, he is more than welcomed ;)

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I fully understand. I have shied away from iracing due to the cost but recently jumped back in and I'm loving it. The online structure brings so much to the table....

I wouldn't have a clue how to do such a thing so hopefully someone else can step in....

6. DefaulTT34

DefaulTT34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Winzarten Anything about seeing if there was a problem with the codes or something? We still can't connect idk why

7. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Saldy no, it looks without problem on my local network. Sadly there is not much more I can do to assists :disappointed:

8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I've been working for some weeks now on the new version which will bring another major feauture to the application - the ability to define and run custom championships via the app. :)

While it might not be so relevant to R3E, which has a pretty decent custom championship system, there are still sims that don't have any (RFactor2, Project Cars 2).

Also using the custom championship within the app will have the added benefit of being able to change difficulty between sessions, thus rating module can be used more easily.

SecondMonitor_2019-10-15_18-52-48.png

In championship creation you'll be able to manually define the calendar, create a random calendar, or use another nice feature included. The ability to use predefined calendar templates, from real series. Just pick a series and year, and the app will then create a calendar with placeholder tracks, which you can then replace with tracks present in sim (the app can also remember the mapping, applying in-sim tracks to templates automatically).

Included series in initial release: ADAC GT Masters, Audi TT Cup, DRM (DTM predecessor), DTM, Indycar, F1 (various eras), Formula 2, Formula 3 (World Championship, Asian Championship, Americas Championship, Regional European Championship), Formula 4 (ADAC F4, SMP F4, British F4, Japanese F4), IMSA governed series (GT Championship, Porsche GT3 cup), FIA world championship, GT3 (World Challenge), GT4 (European, British GT, GT4 Amercia, GT4 Asia), TCR (WTCR, Asia, Europe), WTCC, Formula Renault, Renault Clio Cup, Porsche Supercup, V8 supercars...

• Like Like x 5
  9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    As I got a question, if there is a way to run the development version, which includes the championship functionality, I've prepared an installer that can be downloaded here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjZ7Py7hwgdrgaNERN6qZ2eDe5whVQ?e=6m1dYy

All of the functionality should be already implemented, what is missing is some good documentations, and most of the championship templates. (and testing :D )
    The currently existing documentation:
    Champioship Creation -
    https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/wikis/Championship-Creation
    Running Championship Event -
    https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/wikis/Running-Championship-Event

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  10. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi there great app... I have 2 questions for you.
    Can this be run on a separate android tablet ?
    And is it possible to save the results on screen post race, when I leave a raceroom race it resets.

Regards

11. filth

filth Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Winzarten , great app!

You might have noticed that i am currently building a backend that is capable of storing telemetry / laptime data online. You can find it here: https://www.010102.de

Probably it makes sense to start a cooperation, where you could submit the telemetry into my backend, so users could view/ compare them online. You could concentrate on your great app and I could do what I can best: backend stuff.

Drop me a note if its interesting!

Alex

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the late replies, but IRL has been kinda hectic the last few weeks.

Only if the separate tablet can be connected as an external monitor. It is from the ground up build as a windows app, and will only run on windows.

I have been thinking about this, and it should be quite easy to acheive. I'm just afraid what it will break :D But I will give it a try once I'm done with the current version.

This looks interesting. That is, if we're talking about trivial data, like lap times. That might be easily acheivable.
    That said, it can take a while for me to have time to look into it. But I will definitely throw you a pm once I have some spare time ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. ramon clemente munuera

ramon clemente munuera New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hola, gran aplicación! Tengo un problema, he activado la telemetría, pero cuando abro el visor de telemetría, aparecen los giros pero no carga los datos en las tablas o en el circuito. ¿me puedes ayudar? Gracias
    @Winzarten

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, for the late reply. But could you please rephase that in English? :)

v6.0 is out
    The only main change is the ability to run custom champinship within the app for most of the supported sims (should be everything outside PCars 1 and F1 2019). I haven't managed to implement all the championship templates, but they will come in later releases. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. EugeneGP

EugeneGP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just stumbled across this app today and am excited to try it out! But i need to ask a very basic question: how do I install it? I went to gituhub, downloaded the SecondMonitor-master as a zip file, and now I have a folder of of things but no Installer exe? Help! What did I do wrong.

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
  17. EugeneGP

EugeneGP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I've pushed a new version in which I've reorganized the UI resources and it makes the UI much more responsive and consume less ram. :)
    Also the timing grid will now update only when in-session, so race results can be examine in detail after the race completes.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This looks like a great tool. I can see live data but no stored reports. I have turned on telemetry in the config and left the report folder as default. Session is set to 3 minutes minmum and I have ticked record invalid laps. What have I missed?
    The telemetry windows shows no data against all channels.

20. willycoyote17

willycoyote17 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    First of all thank you very much for the development of this great application that does not stop implementing new functions.
    I would like to suggest, if possible, the implementation in excel reports of a better differentiation between the different stins and the track time in each of them. So how to clearly differentiate invalid laps.
    Thank you again for the great work in the development of the app.
    Best regards!!