Which new gaming pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bindaree Racing, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the long post but..........

I have decided to upgrade from my ancient laptop to a gaming pc and I need some advice of my learned colleagues on this forum.
    My current laptop runs RRE ok on the lowest settings at about 30-45 fps. ( I know that's not great.) RRE is also the only current sim that I am able to play on my laptop, AC, AMS, PC2 just won't run smoothly. So I am after a gaming pc that will run all current sims adequately. Doesn't have to be spectacular but efficient.

That being said, I have a budget of about $1700AUD (financing) and a local electronics store (Harvey Norman) currently have a sale on and I am looking at choosing one of the following. What would be your choice?

HP Pavilion.png

HP Ryzen.png

Predator.png
    ROG.png

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
  3. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
  4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    last one seems decent ;) great gpu and decent cpu, relatively large ssd (probably you gonna need to buy, second drive for more storage later). VR ready. I wouldnt want the rest just by looking at gpus alone :p Look up some opinions and reviews

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    To add some context, my current laptop gpu.....
    Nvidia GeForce 840m

so anything will seem a thousand times better me thinks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Ouch! do you have to buy from Harvey Norman? Just picking those specs from msy i worked out you're spending $500 more than its worth. (could put together most of them for less than $1000aud.)
    Are you in urgent need of a new system?

If time is on your side i'd keep an eye on the computers section of Ozbargain.com, techfast popup with some awesome deals frequently that offer better specs for a significantly cheaper price than HN.

Edit, someone on Pcpartpicker put together something higher spec than the last Harvey Norman build for just 1035 aud. https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/wWRJ7P

edit 2:
    https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/498103
    They have allot of builds for various price ranges the only short problem i see is hard drive space but you can increase the storage for a little extra by scrolling down the right side of the order page and changing the components.

This 2080 super version for $1500 will smash what harvey norman are offerining despite HN charging more.
    https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/499390

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  7. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Is that ready to ship or still need to build yourself???
    If I can get something less than $1000, I would be happy to purchase online, as I could get away without having to use finance, like 60 months interest free kind of thing.

8. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The techfast ones are built and sent out ready to power on when they reach your address. Though some of thier configs come with the free version of windows 10 which will have personalisation features disabled until you buy your own windows 10 key.

Some of thier orders are reported to be slow to delivery, theres a representative i see on ozbargain who always seems to be full of knowledge on the process though.

If you bought the parts from msy/pccg you would have to put it together yourself, which is simple enough aslong as you followed the instructions from a reputable youtuber like linustechtips, gamers nexus.

• Informative Informative x 2