Silhouette Carnage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EMW Smiler, Nov 29, 2019.

1. EMW Smiler

EMW Smiler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Silhouette lobbies are absolutely disgraceful - rammers and dirty drivers turning every lobby into Wreckfest. Pretty much the same in the other classes too... I thought I would find some good racing in this game but with hardly any decent lobbies available - and an impossible dedicated server process that 5 friends have tried and failed to complete we are rapidly losing any interest. On project cars we ran the biggest club in Europe and hoped to do the same here but due to these circumstances we don't see any future and are really disappointed. This is about the best racing game there is IMO and it is utterly ruined by a couple of things that could easily be rectified - Some sort of ranking system would be nice - along with more , and more varied Raceroom lobbies - and MOST OF ALL - SIMPLIFY the Dedicated servers!

2. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Try paid content, much better

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    You tried f2p (free content in this case) game with randoms and expected something different than toxic players and trolls? :eek: Keep in mind that pc is protected by pay wall

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. EMW Smiler

EMW Smiler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I own all cars and tracks - the lobbies are as I described - what is this paid content that incredibly stops trolls and toxic players wrecking everyone....? How can I set up a league when I can't control when, where and what I want...?

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    you state earlier that you have issues with running the dedi server , but at no point fully explain the issues , i for one find the dedi server very easy to use , i click it opens in a web browser etc , i select what i want and where and when and for how long , click start and it works ...
    so if you would be so kind as to explain what is happening for you maybe we can help
    please describe what hardware and os you are tryng to run it on

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  6. EMW Smiler

EMW Smiler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I can get the dedi server to start in game but cannot join my own server and others joining get booted after a few seconds.... We have tried all sorts of laptop/pc combinations and IP changes as suggested by others and have as yet been unable to figure out why it won't work. I myself am on the lower end of the pc literacy scale and end up staring blankly at the screen after a while.... any suggestions you might have would be great. I am having a great time chucking the Nissan r34 round Bathurst and have just grabbed 10th on LB, imagine the fun if there was a room full of clean fast drivers..... I hope you can help and thanks for the replies gents. (I will get the others to check your replies as they are more able to do what is req.) Thanks

7. EMW Smiler

EMW Smiler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin - We have sorted our issues - thanks again - please remove this thread - serves no purpose - thanks Andi

• Like Like x 1
  8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    What solved the problem?

9. EMW Smiler

EMW Smiler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I did - amazing but true - simply followed the instructions on the workaround posted on this forum (loopback adapter) - easy to follow - no issues shown up so far 2 servers on my pc and I can join them ... 3 other people were having sleepless nights changing IPs and subnet masks (whatever they are) etc and the fix was so easy... thanks again

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    i have recently joined a test server with ratings amd so on, search for justrace.net there is also a forum here somewhere. Follow the instructions, it will be nice

• Like Like x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 might divide the lobby into 3 divisions:
    1. Simracers - restricted access based on ratings
    2. Intermediates - dito
    3. Complete Retards - free for any idiot who can hold a game pad without dropping it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. EMW Smiler

EMW Smiler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Guess I jumped the gun .... when my friends (yes I have friends) tried joining they were not able to but I was ... also the servers crashed after about 25 mins no-one having joined (got a pop up fatal error and other computer jargon/terminology).... this appears to be the same as what the others in my group have achieved... so I guess we are back to port forwarding etc which for me is much like torture - not a clue - I am worried that I could do something to my pc that I can't fix - I tried following a guide but got stuck and just get the feeling what I want is outside my capabilities.... My online buddy Badmonkey has had the servers up and had the same, host can join and others can't, or host can't join,others can, situation but he was able to change around his port forwarding and IP addresses, but had no success - he is running a high end pc and laptop combo. I need some Real world friends to come and help I think.... We at GSR (ex EMW) really want to get these servers set up but we are stuck again... HELP

13. EMW Smiler

EMW Smiler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Perfect

14. EMW Smiler

EMW Smiler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Obviously its the faffing at user end thats the issue - not RRRE Ded server which is as you say (andi) simple.... just to clarify (a little) Love this game - Get a set up right on a good track and I am grinning like a chesire cat and giggling like a baby ... great physics ...

• Like Like x 1
  15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, you would probably be better off by simply renting a dedicated server in a data center as the name already implies. The bandwidth requirements can be pretty high depending on the number of players anyway.

16. EMW Smiler

EMW Smiler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just got a quote of £200 per month - hahahahhaahahahahahaa think not

17. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    cars you can dive bomb easily and dont stop on a dime and have mild aero and they're free, its a dangerous combo

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i actually run a couple of Silhouette MP races online to get warmed up before doing anything else.
    It is even better than coffee.
    A brand new experience every day especially in VR.