Released Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 2, 2019.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    As you may have guessed from the Teaser we published a few days ago, one of the three Porsches to be released in December is the new 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport.

[​IMG]
    • Length: 4.456m
    • Wheelbase: 2.476m
    • Carbon fibre body panels
    • Strut suspension front and rear
    • Weight (with driver): 1430kg
    • Engine: 3.8L flat-6
    • Power: 425hp at 7500rpm
    • Torque: 425nm AT 6600rpm
    • Gearbox: 6-speed paddle shift
    • Motorsport ABS
    • Motorsport Traction control
    [​IMG]

This car represents pure motorsport.

[​IMG]

The recipe is well known and proven: lightweight, well-balanced performance.

[​IMG]

Whether driving it at a track day or in wheel-to-wheel competition, it is in its element.

[​IMG]

Our friends at KW Suspensions have worked closely together with Porsche Motorsport, and supported the development of the suspension of the race car.

[​IMG]

One thing is for sure. The more you drive it, the less you want to stop.

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for more car reveals this week!

• Like x 14
    • Love it! x 10
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  2. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Damn Beautiful! :eek:

3. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Is this in addition to either the current GTR4, Cayman GT4 Trophy or is it a brand new class?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    This car will sit in the GTR4 class for now. That was the best choice for this car. There's an MR kit that brings the car up to specs to SRO's GT4 series and we might bring that version out later, just like we did for the previous Cayman. In that case, we'll reconsider the car class distribution, but the differences stock versus MR are not as significant on the 718 as they were before, so the likelihood is that both versions will race in GTR4 car class eventually.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  5. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    safe_image.php.gif

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  6. pasquale1986

pasquale1986 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm in love

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Now I'm a believer...

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  8. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Now I'm confused, shouldn't it be the other way around? MR sells a Kit to create a GT4 Version out of the Cup Car?

Edit: German Auto Motor Sport webpage says:

There is a 718 GT4 Clubsport Trackday and a 718 GT4 Clubsport Competition

And only the 718 GT4 Clubsport Competition version fit the SRO GT4 class.

So it seems, with the new model 718, Porsche sells the SRO GT4 Version by thermselfes instead of MR.

Source: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/neuheiten/neuvorstellung-porsche-718-cayman-gt4-clubsport/

But maybe there are some hardcore Porsche-fanatics who can bring light in this case. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  9. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    the car is indeed beautifull, but sorry for what i am saying, i love this game soooo much and hope it is going to improve every day more, but...What is the meaning of releasing a car of which we have just 2 differnt kind?!? just to have the latest release?!? just release the upgrade and work on something new...So now we will have 3 different cayman gt4 clubsport...which one i am going to choose to play?!?I have all the released content and i drive a 911gts in real life (so you may understand how i like those cars, before i had a cayman s...)but really do not understand...the owner of the other gt4 clubsport should pay for the upgrade?!?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    In general, an upgraded car in real life is supposed to be better, this is the same in the sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I think this car will be my first 718 Porsche in my R3E garage, because I like the new liveries much more than the already existing one … and now its's time for some more Porsche tracks ;):

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jurgenbussche

jurgenbussche New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    raceroom got the best FWD cars and the porsche gt4 is also the best one compare to other sims

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yes i understand your point but please do not upgrade every car in the game every year or so, just please focus on something new...rain, night, ferrari, lamborghini...So if for example you update some tracks then what should we do?!? You play the new version, and the old for which you just paid?!?Mmmm....I am a porsche owner and will buy all porsche content just because is porsche but i will buy with more joy the BMW M4 GT4, just to have a more complete grid on the gt4 side. Now we will have new gt4 clubsport, new gt3 cup, hope this is ONLY a coincidence. Anyway i own everything and will buy everything new just to support the developers of this good sim but please do not betray my good trust, do something completely different, again rain, night races, fe... and lam...Never tought about dirt races?!?
    In any case i did not meant to be in any way offensive, just worried. Keep up with your good work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I was following your point up to the reference to dirt racing, no thank you to diluting R3E

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just some facts:
    1. Most tracks have been updated at least once and nobody who already owned them got charged for that. Same goes for many cars, and more updates for existing content are coming, also free of charge.

2. In case you weren't aware of this, you don't need to own every car in a class to race against them. Actually you only need to own one GT4 car with one livery and you are able to drive against all the other cars in that class, in multiplayer and single player. So you don't have to buy this or any car you don't want to for whatever reason and you can still enjoy seeing them on track.

3. I don't know how closely you follow these forums but there are a lot of posts in which people ask for updated car models to be included. Many people had asked for the Audi R8 LMS to get included, many are still asking for the new model of the Nissan GT-R or the latest GT3 Porsche, and so on. While it might seem pointless to you, there are people who ask for this.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    i was not thinking of dirt rally...just dirt races like the ones you find in iracing. i do not play dirt rally

17. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Thks for the explanation, i am a big fan of RRE and will try to support it how i can, so buying the content seems ok to give the developers the possibility to improve this beautifull game. But, as i said, those porsches are not new ones (only the gt2 rs clubsport is new), are just updated versions of existing cars (with new sounds, engines, specs, liveries) so what is the point of calling it "Porsche dlc #3"?!? I don't know...maybe "Porsche update #1"...In any case if you release new more powerfull cars like the new gt4 clubsport and the other one (be it the gt3 cup or the 991.2 gt3 r) there will be an unbalance with the other "old" cars of the same class.
    But please forgive me, i like the game and will support in any way the developement. Just my opinion

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, if you ask Porsche, they certainly don't think that the 718 is just an updated 981 Cayman. It is a new model and obviously they even felt it deserved a revival of the iconic 718 tag, which up until this new Cayman was reserved for the best Porsche car ever built:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @doclucio

At first, please use the Edit button instead of posting 2 or more posts after each other.

At second, you as a user and also RaceRoom/Sector3 as the producer have to deal with the licencing rules of a manufacturer.

What if Porsche, in this case, "dictate" the carmodels Sector3 can use for the Porsche DLC? We all learned in the past and also in some cases still today, licence owners can be very difficult to handle. (Porsche exclusive at EA in the past, no more Mitsubishi models for Forza for a while, no more Toyota models for Forza for a while, no Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin for most sims and so on) I think we can be glad about every car, circuit, sponsorname we will get in our games/sims (not only RaceRoom).

Even I, as a "not really a Porsche fan" (you know they earned more money with finance stuff, then with cars, try to take over VW, now owned by VW, in my eyes one of the biggest criminal organisation on this planet etc), am glad about every Porsche, VW, Audi, BMW, because every new car means maybe new users for this sim, and new users (and also existing ones of course) allow Sector3 to grow.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Nice first appearance of this car in a sim (that I care about) - I might be tempted to wait on the 'MR' version and future class structure before going all in, but looking forward to giving it a go. I'm not a fan of the liveries with number plates from all sorts of series, but looks like you've picked some really good paints to get started with.

I recommend giving it a shot, DR2.0 is a great game too.