Released Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 6, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    It is a similar class, but try for example to race a MP4-12C GT3 against a 650S GT3 and you will get the point probably. Unless you're just wanting to maintain this pointless strawman argumentation. Only real with using the graphics engine topic for no reason. Seems like the Chewbacca defense for me, right now. :p
    I don't know, i'm the new AMS Fanboi (aw i'm really am, i'm not even denying it) on an odyssey in the Sector 3 forums, but what i can see, is, your point is just "i want to have it cost free, because the car is shaped like the old one, so it must be the same car, so make it free".

2. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    what makes you think i'm talking to you lol My point is "I paid for GT3 911" and they quote "The previous 911 GT3 R will be removed from the store and replaced by this current version.So this to me is saying we get both Not beeing a tight ass i own everythink support them 100% how about yourself? just asking questions is that fair? or that a disagree

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Dunno' maybe you're talking with yourself?^^
    You paid for a "911 GT3-R", there is a "911 GT3-R .II" in the pipeline, which is a new car...so it has a new development progress, so you can charge for it.
    I really don't know, what you are trying to say with this sentence right now o_O
    You got answers, but you don't seem to like them...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    It seems like we are getting ALL new GTR3 Cars if the ffb has been completely re-vamped in the next update.:)

5. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    We already have the m235i no?! Dont see much difference between these cars..

6. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if with this car we also get a "preview" of the coming GT3 physics rework?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Wouldnt make any sense to develop it on old physics. Dont think itll be a preview tho as im hoping for the full gt3 physics update to be included ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    The GT3 physics update is scheduled for December, so it is very likely, it will be deployed together with the DLC release.

9. Divebomb69

Divebomb69 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    New porsche 911 gt3 cup?? left?

10. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Will the previous version disappear from the store?

11. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0

12. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :(

13. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Will we get some sound teaser? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    If the new 911gt3 r will be sooo good, do you think we can race it against the other gt3 class car or it will be too much overpowered compared for ex to audi or mc laren or nissan?!?
    So maybe they are going to release all the new 2019 gt3s to compete with that...And so the older models will be removed too?!?
    I am confused sorry, but i think this is going to be a strange move...Why do not do a completely new 2019 gt3 pack leaving the other cars there?!? If you want to race a 2015 gt3 class you have all there

15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Well the current Audi, BMW and Mercedes are all there and the Corvette is current too. The McLaren is a year outdated, but I am starting to wish the class had a bit of a pace decide between the older generation and newer generation cars. I know technically they’re all BoPped to the same level in real life too, but in reality the newer machines are faster (which may be commercials affecting BoP, admittedly)

16. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    The current audi is missing and mercedes have a new version for next year that understandably isnt in the game as well

17. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    The 2018 GT3-R had a hard time, to keep up with the competition and only the most understanding of the car got at least some pace out of it in several series. Also it had a pretty restricting BoP.

The current 2019 GT3-R is finally able to fight everything, that drives in its class (take actual Blancpain races for example, where the new GT3-R is able to succeed on a massive scale, when driven by the quick guys), So it is more of a step towards the overall level.

BUT: you're not wrong, (warning, highly speculative) it could be a bit overpowered against some other GT3s, as long, as the other models and EVO stages aren't released. You can see it very well in ACC, where the new GT3-R is blowing everything away on many tracks (not even unrealistic), if driven on knifes edge, so it could be possible, if the class is not balanced enough, that the new Porsche has some advantages indeed. Compensation through higher AI levels could at least help, with single player. This is all just wild guessing, but the new Porsche has proven excellent performance in racing, when driven by fast guys with some understanding of the unique style of handling.

18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Did someone call!!

There have been so many free updates to just about every aspect of this Sim that your previous statement belies belief.
    As the S3's physics team squeeze yet more new performance and features from the remains of a butchered, ancient game engine. After applying this to the latest content, if successful, it is then pushed to all existing content (as we are in the middle of right now), this is just one of the reasons I will happily don my fanboy hat & cape ;) (Tiz rather dashing) when the need arises.
    The new GT3 is far more than just a new livery, very good chance parts will break and fall off for starters, not to mention the new FFB and suspension updates due. Throw in it's a totally redesigned car from the 2018 version and as I said, your statement belies belief! o_O Roll on the December update, fancy some of the natives are getting restless. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Cant wait anymore...release it NOW!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Shhhhhh, Goose, plz, I don't want that guy rise from the Dead again whom he should stick to, even if I understand: the shitty mood, the smell....poor bastard ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1