Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Just had Steam verified my files for RaceRoom, three files needed to be redownloaded. The error 13 seems to be gone (fingers crossed) but loading times are still terrible. Small error in the updating process perhaps and massive server traffic @ Sector 3 ATM? ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Never play on update day :D
    I've got no real issues so far, increasing the cars FFB multi makes FFB working properly.
    Maybe verifiying Steam Files helps for a first fix of some problems.

There seem to be some hickups for several users, so reporting it detailed, should help to fix it. I really hope, it is just the usual update day hickup.^^

3. ave_golf

ave_golf Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    es horrible tío, yo no pido una traducción fidedigna pero tampoco que hagan un copy and paste del peor traductor del mundo,
    porque google traslate lo hace mejor

no es posible que la opción para ajustar el bloqueo de la dirección lo llamen barra antirrobo xd

o cuando gestionas la suspensión te estén hablando de primaveras y veranos jajaj

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, but the shadow resolutions have been changed, so 'high' is now higher than it used to be. ;)

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    o_O:confused:

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Please keep the conversation here in English.
    If you find any issues regarding the Spanish translation, feel free to report them in the community support section.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Ok will check it out..cheers for the info, will report back after clean install, needed one anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  8. NahueArgentina

NahueArgentina New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well done guys, you ruined a great game, just go back this update and we will do as we saw nothing

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    At first our community lost the complete server configuration incl. banlist because our "registration hash" doesn't work anymore.

And now after I fixed our community servers, it seems like a complete breakdown at the moment, maybe the load balancing is still not back to normal actually.

Hope it will be fine until tomorrow evening. :(

It seems the old and very well known "never play on patchday" strikes again.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  10. Marcelo Intruso

Marcelo Intruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, sorry for that, honest mistake between two Spanish speaking users!

@ave_golf let's keep it in english :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    So after I read everyone’s raves about the the M1 and DTM 92, I went back and restarted the game, and the M1 is fine now. And I figured out that the gears were all out of whack in the Mercedes. 1st was where third should be and 4, 5 and 6 were maxed out. Fixed that and all is good now. Still not sure I like the physics. But then I only had a short time to play before going to work this morning. Anyway, I’m sure all the glitches that happen with massive updates will be sorted out in good time.

I really like the new car tuning menu. Especially the new tire display. Love knowing what’s happening with the most important part of the car. You know, the part that touches the ground. And the new transmission display is a very welcome addition as well.
    Thanks for all your hard work guys. And never mind the complainers. You’ve given them a reason to live:tonguewink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Frontkratzer

Frontkratzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I had the problem with the weak FFB too.

I deleted the SimBin folder @ my Documents,
    so that the game created a new one at restart.

Of course I had to setup the axes, buttons, game settings entirely new, but everything went fine afterwards.

Please remember to do a backup of the folder first for replay data etc.

CSW 2.5 with Formula V2

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @Proto
    Will you calm down, please. You won't find any solution if you keep up this attitude.

As has been suggested multiple times now, delete your old controller profiles and start from scratch with a fresh, default one. This is needed due to the changes in how FFB works now.
    Also make sure that no old setup is loaded for the car you're trying.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    You also could stop playing insulted and just report your problem.

Also, read this:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ave_golf

ave_golf Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    it is the same i wrote in my previous post

anyway i didnt know it was forbbiden to write in whatever language except english :/

16. Marcelo Intruso

Marcelo Intruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would love it that it would just be "a good reason to live" but for me, this game is the best all-round game, I have seen the falling of Assetto Corsa (getting stuck on time), Project Cars (more or less the same plus basic bugs) and Project Cars 2 (endless non-senses and bugs)... RaceRoom was the only strong figure for me in this world, but this update was like a backstabbing, hopefully something will happen to revert this... Hope you understand where the "complainers" are coming from... And if people does not throw their opinion on Forums (like this), the development team will never notice any kind of issues that might happen, so, it is better sometimes to overreact than to no reacting at all and reporting stuff that is either broken, uncomfortable or radically different from before.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree, the 5-speed gearbox in the E30 is finally back! Oh yeah! And they all feel crisp and real, absolutely a great update.

BUT: I still generally disagree on how the new physics handle momentum and torque in turbo charged engines. This applies to most (all?) turbo charged cars with new physics. I have ranted about this before, but this time I feel more confident that this aspect is actually a bit off. From a standstill, revving the 240T to the max and dumping the clutch almost chokes the engine because the engine apparently carries no momentum.

I understand that turbo engines are different and have less torque and momentum in the low rpms, but this is just plain wrong. I have owned an original 150 bhp 240 turbo, and it would happily do a (one-wheel) burnout when doing this - which means a 300 bhp one should probably be able to do roughly the same, even with a locked diff and beefy tyres.

Even a small turbo engine with a lightweight flywheel carries a great deal of momentum when revved at 7000 rpm. This behaviour is probably inherent to the physics engine and no easy fix, and some may even argue that this is the correct behaviour for these cars. But I disagree.

Luckily, the only time I notice this is when starting from a standstill. At speed everything feels spot on! Thanks. :)

18. Roland Horn

Roland Horn New Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Oh please, do the world the favor.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Idem. I assume the long loading times are because all of us try to enter the server(s) simultaneously? Most of the times after 48 hours it will be fast as usual.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It is not forbidden and I asked you to stick to English, because this is an English forum and most people won't undestand what you're saying if you're using your local language. If everybody did this it would be pure chaos, so we'd like everyone who can to use English because for one it makes it so much easier for us to keep track of issues that are being reported.