Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I have mixed feelings on the new car setup screen as well.

It doesn't fit with the rest of the game right now. I assume this is only temporary and the rest of the game UI will eventually be updated in the same style, so it's understandable I guess.

I love the amount of data we now have available, including the descriptions for every single item. It's really helpful. And I also like how it's all grouped logically together.

What I don't like so much, however, is the way it is now all divided into multiple tabs. I really liked the "all on one screen" aspect of Raceroom setup screen. It made it very easy to see everything at a glance. Divided into tabs like this, it makes it easier to forget something and/or harder to navigate. I understand that you can only fit a certain amount of data on one screen, but still. I was wondering if there could perhaps be a single overview tab in the style of the old car setup screen. Then again maybe that would get even more confusing, I don't know.

And if I could have one wish for improvement, it would still be an option to compare two setups and see at a glance where the differences is. As far as I know, only rF2 allows this currently, and it can be incredibly helpful at times.

(But don't get me wrong, I still think the update is incredible as a whole.)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully ok to put this here? For those, like me, who for the first time can race at Ningbo and the track is completely a new and joyful experience see below guide from good-old Tom Coronel. He has some helpful tips with regard to cornering brakepoints etc. Hope it helps?

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    can we buy the 3 porsches in a pack or do we have to buy them seperately?
    Same question with the 2 BMW's

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    There is a difference between reporting your problems/issues, and complaining. Complaining includes statements like “This is the worst update ever!” Or you’ve totally ruined this game. I’m out of here.” Or my favorite today “You can hug each other’s butts I’m leaving forever”. I’ve often stated my issues here. Some have been answered. Others completely ignored. The point is, you can report things in a calm and adult manner. Or whine and moan. It’s your choice. But the first option is more likely to get an answer from those who can help.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Marcelo Intruso

Marcelo Intruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Mmmm wait before buying...

However, each car shows below on which "Packs" are those included, Porsches are on GT3 GT4 & GT2, BMW on GT4, and they are sensibly cheaper...

6. Marcelo Intruso

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I get your point, I think that most of us are so in love with this game that when there is a huge change like this, it feels totally like a backstabbing and emotions are hard to contain, I just hope that some things could be changed as are totally unpleasant... I said it on my previous comment "if it is not broken, don't fix it"... but well... let's see what happens...

7. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    As far as I could see the only option was to buy them seperately and that's what I did. So hopefully there is no specific pack for these cars available. Otherwise this Dutchie has paid too much and you know we Dutchies don't like to pay too much* and if possible we want to get it 'gratis' ;)

* It's worth every cent!! just buy it

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. We should have just stayed living in caves. It worked back then so it should work now....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. sotti

sotti New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where are the details for the physics updates?

The notes say in the forums, but I don't see them.

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert Yeh it is the the new custom shadow setting for the loss of the fps, high is to high, shame as it actually looks alot better.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Have had some laps with some updated cars. Physics are great, sounds are great, soundeffects driving over the curbs are fantastic. Setuppage on itself is great, but totally from a different planet compared to the current user interface. But I actually quite like it. Looking forward to more UI updates.

As for FFB... First lap felt like a massive dissapointment. But after some fiddling with the settings, the way the cars physics translate through the wheel (I have a T300) is actually really good. I have reset my Thrustmaster T300 settings (in the steeringwheel drivers from Thrustmaster) to standard and bumped the FFB % to 100 in R3E. And with the multiplier settings per car it's pretty much set and done.

So yeah, it may be a bit annoying the FFB system in R3E got yet another overhaul, but I think it's really a great improvement. At least on my T300.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There is no pack containing all the new cars.
    More info will follow in the coming days. Hope you all understand that it's been a busy couple of weeks and not everything can be done at once.
    Indeed, especially with time of day progression. Rule of thumb afaIk is new high shadows are roughly double the resolution, so there is some impact to be expected. I'm sure the devs will look for ways to improve this if possible, but for the time being lowering the shadow setting might be your best bet if you need high fps.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Alright, I have no problem buying them seperately, I was just a littlebit confused, thought there gonna be a pack and I'm just too dumb to find it xD and as a german I'm more of a ''Sparfuchs'' :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Any verification/link to this?

I'm not doubting you, and with the new dynamic lighting system this sounds entirely plausible, but I didn't see it listed anywhere.

I'm another who's noticed a performance drop with my current (and painfully finely tuned :) ) VR settings.

Edit: - Just noticed the Beta tester tag. :)

15. Jeroen Hein

Jeroen Hein New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some people also problems with the game who crashed sometimes?

16. Shodan

Shodan Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Wow, lots of negativity here. I really enjoy the new FFB feel and absolutely LOVE the new DTM 92 physics. They are actually more challenging now, vehicles really have some weight now. They always felt like tin cans which drove like easy mode.

I also noticed that the VR reset button only works in the car now, which is annoying because my menu is always somewhere in the air.

I also love the new kerbs sounds and the new tire sounds.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Marcelo Intruso

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    BMW 635 CSi cockpit sound is awful now, it used to be much better prior to this patch.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I thought it's gonna be
    PorschePack: the 3 Porsches

and BMW Pack:
    the 2 BMW's

anyway I'm gonna buy them now seperately one by one xD
    like this : :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    D
    T
    M
    Physics update
    Y
    A
    Y
    Fricken 15 hours to wait though :(
    Thanks for working do hard.
    Merry Christmas....

• Like Like x 2
  20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Two things I have noticed, Anderstorp track has gone missing from my install and is also missing from the store as well??

And at the 2 new layouts at Nurburgring with the fast chicane, turn 1 corner bollard is not standing up, it's always lying down..maybe it knows what is coming..haven't checked the original layouts.

• Dislike Dislike x 1