Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    There are big banners popping up with the sector times, is it possible to turn this off? I can't find any option

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I don't think the AA got changed, but I'm happy it looks better on your end. ;)

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I had FXAA + Full AA on, was using 4x before deleting my Folder...so nevermind :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    In-game overlays? You have those disabled?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Ah they were on , I found it, thank you very much :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Great update!!!

7. miganmarra

miganmarra New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    La actualización es impresionante, pero la traducción de los menús de configuración al español es dolorosa. Gracias sector3 por la actualización.
    The update is impressive but the translation of the configuration menus into Spanish is painful. Thanks sector3 for the update.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If you mean in your thrust master settings, put everything to 100. Let the game use what it wants from there.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Sh!t i was freaking out for a minute there.:eek: I paid for that mofo.o_O Thanks for the info:rolleyes:;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Alot of things I like about the update ..good job sector3 ..the bad ...performance loss in vr with same settings I ran before ..and it looks not near as nice(reflections, anti aliasing, etc). And what caused this , i blame the dynamic daytime lighting?? Just as a had voiced my concern before , dont worry about day/night and weather transistions ..I know many say "oh we need that to keep up with the new sims and what other sims have followed" .BUT ..there is a huge performance cost ..and personally I would rather have the decent frames I previously had than the time of day changing .Raceroom was becoming my favorite sim , and theres others out there with dynamic time /weather ..it was a accumalation of all the other details that made it a outstanding racing sim.

11. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    i only tried one car but I cannot drive it anymore. nissan gtr gt3.

cannot even drive it in a straight, I end spinning. what is going on?

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Check your graphics settings haven't changed. Did you delete any files?

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Said it before but will repeat it. If there's some lines that are particularly "wrong" from your pov, feel free to list them in the community support section, and if you wanna help out, provide a better/more correct alternative wording.

14. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Worst update launch I've seen in years, and I've played World of Warcraft.

Yes I understand for most it is all flowers and rainbows, but for many of us it's a shambles.

I was unable to race in our WTCC races tonight, as were almost a 3rd of other drivers, I have entered the Sim numerous times, only to get a crash dump error, when this does not happen I find there is no FFB, not weak or some, None !.
    On watching the stream of one of those that could race, I first noticed the race position bar only had 1 name showing for all 21 drivers, the driver contending for the championship drove over a kerb and got an invalid lap notice, only problem was he also had broken suspension, with the server settings on 50% damage, thus ending his title challenge.

So to the people who are ecstatic and overjoyed, I am happy for you, but do not tell those of us that there are no issues and everything is Working as intended.

Yes I verified my files
    yes I deleted my Simbin folder
    yes everything works in AC Rf2 and PC2

Awful, just Awful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Lodox93

Lodox93 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello i have a first problem with the update the GT3 cars Wont overtake the slower cars. =( vln on the NS is a big problem -
    hey ich habe mein erstes problem fest gestellt mit dem neuen update die Gt3 autos überholen sich gegenseitig nich und auch nicht die langsameren autos. hat noch jemand das problem

16. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone having an issue with getting to car setup while in practice mode ?

17. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Are you using a saved set up? If so, it won't work at all well - it's based on the old version of the physics.

Make sure you start off with the new default set up and make changes from there...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    New AI is a bit more defensive in general, so especially on a tight track they might have a hard time finding a spot for overtaking.
    Not overtaking slower classes sounds wrong tho. Which classes did you mix and what was the race setup?

19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guys I just checked it out and your old custom setups don't work anymore - at least for GT3 and DTM92 , with DTM 16 I could use them but anyway , use the standard ones first - I will start to build my setups up from scratch again. And to those whining : It is a real big patch, if you look at the built we've jumped to V0.9 now. Have a bit patience and be glad it's coming now (poor little 6 yrs old :D) , not right before our S3 boys go into xmas holidays ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Now that's what I call an update! Wow wow just wow.
    I was critical of the the slowness of raceroom development on an RD thread recently but this changes my perspective. I have not put many hours into RR in the last 18 months but I think that is about to change!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1