Massive framerate drop after update. Game unplayable.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickh158, Dec 11, 2019.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone else had this?
    Prior to the update it was running between 55-60fps; now it`s down to 15-17.
    I fired up ACC to make sure it wasn`t the graphics drivers, and I`m still getting the same framerate as before in that sim.
    No idea what the problem is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    From what i read so far try lowering the shadows

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, sounds like this could be related to the new higher-res shadows. If you have shadows set to high or medium, try lowering them one or two steps, cause high shadows use a higher shadow map resolution than they did before this update.

4. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I did lower shadows and it did help my fps and reprojection dropped , but the image still appears more "grainey" than before? I just really notice the pixels alot more ...also antialising seems more noticable? I'm running supersampling at default 100% ..even if I bump it up to 140% it still looks not as clear as previous version. of coarse at 140% i've increased reprojection and fps.I'm using a Valve Index.(btw ..antialising I have at max 8X}

5. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Really!!! 1080ti or 2080ti? Do you know what framerates your getting? I use fpsvr

6. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Oddly, this only happens in practice mode, all the others are fine.
    Another weird thing is that the handling of the Mercedes AMG Gt3 (and only that Merc) is shot. Any acceleration or braking input causes it to swerve uncontrolably. Strange. I`m currently re-installing the game so hopefully these issues will be resolved.

7. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like an old setup is loaded, which isn't compatible with the new physics, make sure you are on default!

• Like Like x 1
  8. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Update:
    Re-installing the game made it worse. nothing works at all, just a steady 15-17fps.
    I`ve had to uninstall permanently, which is a shame because I`ve been supporting R3E since its somewhat shaky start :(

9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I also have had massive fps drops for months and blamed S3S for the unconvenience.
    Some day I was forced to make a fresh win10 install some day. From there on everything was fine again.

10. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I was considering going down that route, as my SSD only has Windows on it, but to be honest it`s just too much hassle for one game. I`m enjoying ACC and WRC8 at the moment, so it`s just an inconvenience.

11. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Did you try to remove your graphics driver with DDU?

12. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I did a completely fresh install of Raceroom, including the user data and registry entries. I also did clean installs of the Nvidia drivers. The weird thing is that if I load up an old Championship I created, there`s no problem; I`m back to 55/60 fps. all other modes are 15/16. Odd.
    I`m rebuilding my PC after Christmas (new CPU, GPU and more memory), so I hope that fixes it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    That's weird indeed, maybe a hint for someone.

14. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    From experience: try switching between windowed fullscreen and fullscreen, and back again if needed (regardless of which one you are using now)

15. DaveS78

DaveS78 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the framerate has been cut in half for me. I used to get over 100 fps in practice with just me on track but last night it was in the high 50s most of the time. I'm still using the same graphics settings but I'll try turning down shadows and see if that helps.

EDIT: My issue seems to be just in Practice as well. Did a Leaderboard Challenge and I had FPS over 200 at points on Bathurst. Odd but nice to know it isn't an issue with my PC.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019