Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Time to start training the Adaptive AI again. :D

2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    for the profile, is isn't it possible to copy paste the lines from a new profile to your old one? I use Notepad++ for those kind of tasks. By this you don't have to assign all buttons again.

4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Glad you could solve your problem, enjoy your driving ;)

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Next time, keeping it cool and reading actual answers will save you and others some nerves! Enjoy the driving pleasure, R3E will not get lost, it will improve a lot :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Ok once again I only had a short period of time to play. Deleted all my old controller profiles and made a couple on new ones. Only to have them gone this morning.
    Anybody else experience this or is it my system?

7. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Glad you have got things to your liking now.

8. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Dont know for how long its been there but i just saw this loading screen which should help a bit ;)

Attached Files:

9. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Wow, big time upgrade, must have taken a lot of time to code. Thanks to the devs.

A few quick positive observations:
    • Cayman GT4 feels much more like the real car (I own one).
    • DTM 92 were my old favs in the game. Only tried the BMW, but the car was ALIVE.
    • I love the new settings screen and the descriptions. Very helpful.
    • Binding a 2nd key for shifter is great so I can have my sequential and paddles both mapped.
    • Daylight transition is subtle but just right. I never needed full night or torrential rain.
    A few quick questions:
    • Is the description of the steering rack multiplier backwards? Before, the higher the number, the more the car steers with less input, but the description seems backwards (unless I'm just wrong).
    • Do cars 'retire' now? I had an AI race where a faster car crashed off track, and it stayed there the whole time. If so, this is neat, but it created a weird unofficial yellow flag in that section each time and the AI slowed down each time.
    • Did anything change to the sound settings? I notice I no longer hear rocks in the wheel wells and (at least via headphones) did not hear the DTM Audi V8 engine as it passed me.
    • Did anything change to the triple screen FOV? It seemed like the FOV angles reverted back to the way it was before proper triple implementation (i.e. stretched).
    • You used to be able to hit pause to take you back into the game from the menu. Now you can't. Any reason? Can you revert this back? It was very handy not having to reach for a mouse when wearing racing gloves on a motion rig.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    This was a big update, so big that I felt a bit overwhelmed at beginning! But thanks to Alex's info and FFB guide
    I could fix my first misundertandings and mistakes about new FFB and car setups.:)
    Thank you everyone from S3, you've made great stuff! :thumb up:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Can someone please explain to me how setup saving works on the new UI? I name my setup "Test", click on save, Test.svm appears in the appropiate folder, but then? I only see the default setup in the list, I don't get how am I supposed to load my custom setup.

12. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    To summarize the new physics of the procar i want to quote two famous dudes:

Jeremy Clarkson: "Understeer, understeer, understeer,..."

Bob Ross:"Lets just apply a little bit of throttle out of that lovely corner."

Me:"oversteer, oversteer oversteer,..."

Thats just amazing! This physicsmagic with the Grp 5 would just be a joyful nightmare.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    I like the new ffb but cant feel locking as much, any tips? Tried slip effect and lowering steering rack (t300)

• Like Like x 1
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Sorry wrong thread before, but glad you read it anyway @Balrog

15. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Try increasing Understeer setting, I find it pretty low myself with default setup (I'm also on T300).

16. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I just spent an hour on the ol' test track playing with the new toys pre-purchase. Incidentally, the whole test-drive thing is a wonderful idea, devs, and I've ended up buying/enjoying a far broader range of content over the last ~6 months than I otherwise would've thanks to that feature.

Anyhow, my 2 pence:

GT3 R
    Way more different to the existing one than I was expecting, and all the better for it. Smooth, responsive, and I felt immediately at home in it. Beautifully built interior in VR. The downside is that It really makes me want a full-fat RSR even more. :)

GT2 RS
    Every time I think I don't need another 911 (RSR aside) I'm proven wrong.. This was the star of the show for me, and it just begged for another slightly lary lap. As above, also wonderfully put together. Needs more wheelspin.

Cayman GT4
    The sensible one. Solid, and easy to pick up, and a no-brainer addition to the GT4 bunch.

M4 GT4
    The tricky one for me. I think I liked the drive/feel, but something about the seating postion/size of the wheel felt off, and parts of the interior feel rushed compared to the stella examples above, with my eyes constantly going to the niggles.. The air-jacks(?) have smoothing issues, the steering column looks cheap and clearly doesn't actually go anywhere once it hits the housing, and there's a texture/AO baking issue with the rollcage above to call out a few. None of it's exactly a deal breaker, but it does make it feel more 'AC free content', rather than hit the high paid-for quality bar of the 3 above. I think this is a 'wait-a-bit' one for me.

GR.4 M1
    Beyond giving the existing RSR a little company, I'm not sure why I need this one yet. I use the Pro Car as my sideways let-off-some-steam car, and this didn't appear to have any of that raw fun. I'll give it another bash at some point.

Right - Off to Portimão with that GT2. :)

17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, I found the issue, saved setups doesn't show up for WTCR cars for some reason.

18. MatVitaL8

MatVitaL8 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    With this update my G29 has got new life! Great!

• Like Like x 1
  19. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Same in my race in Spa. Well, when I noticed this lap per lap, I marked it as "permanent yellow," so I everytime slow down and not overtake. But yes, quite annoying.

20. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played in months but after the update id say great jobs devs! I just bought all the cars and tracks I was missing. Now when can expect some love for the Simucube 2 bases and auto dor?