Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    u can use free flight cam and set in anywhere you like but keep in mind you would need to do that every race

2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    +1 for this

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    As we are discussing that topic at our community:
    Startgrid Options Dedicated Server

In singleplay you have various options generating the startgrid (for R2) when racing two races in a row, with the dedi you only can reverse grid up to a number of your choice.I would appreciate to have those singleplay options for online races/events.

Thx ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    This in turn is an option id like to have for singleplayer :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. pasquale1986

pasquale1986 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    adjustable car dependent settings for engine maps; ABS and TC

• Like Like x 2
  6. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Adjustable throttle maps per car

7. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Some Observation and Conclusion

Greetings, Gentlemen!

First of all, I would like to say huuuuuge Thanks to the all Sector3 Dev Team and every person who is involved in process of creation the Best Racing Simulator Ever! Latest patch proved once again that you are not sleeping there, you are working hard!

And know we are heading to the Topic.

After years of racing on different devices: Logitech Momo > Logitech DFGT > Thrustmaster T300 > Logitech G29, and only Momo was used, rest virgin new from the boxes, but no matter what wheel I used I always faced the same problem with the forces.

And we talking about that naturally tilted steering wheel to the right. The thing is, that we, Europeans mostly, turning to the right. Yes, we are using technical circuits from all around the World, but mostly, no matter where we are, the combination of right turns are majorly represented during the course. For example: RedBull Ring Spielberg has more right turns, Hockenheim again more right turns, famous Nürburgring also more right turns, Portimao – more right turns, Monza – right turns, Brands Hatch – right turns, almost like a circle actually, Zandy – right turns, Hungary, Spa, etc…

You know, it’s easier to say where we are turning left mostly: Bathurst, Imola, Laguna Seca, Norisring and Sachsenring, probably that’s all.

And know multiply all these actions many-many times and you are coming to a place, where your device is wearing unbalanced. We are getting to the details of mechanism of your toy. No matter it’s gear driven or belt, from time your wheel became loose on one side, in our case, since we don’t NASCAR drivers, it became loose to the right. All forces to the right became less resistive. Most of you wouldn’t even notice this, but I am noticing this on every device.

The solution and proposal is to add to Force Feedback Setting in Menu, Overall Balance Slider between Left and Right forces applied. Something like Master thing if it’s possible.

Or maybe if something has its own ideas and experience facing this – you are welcome to share.

Kind regards, Yevgeny.

8. pasquale1986

pasquale1986 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I have one sound-based suggestion:

You can clearly hear the ABS working in the real cars - it would be nice, if that's reflected in the sim, too

• Like Like x 1
  9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Haven't thought about it. Sounds good

10. Niko Schrenker

Niko Schrenker Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    would be nice if the pit menu dissappeared when pushing the acknowledge button. And if Crossing the White line after pitlane would be punished - I see it all the time and it's dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Gotta thanks @Sector3 devs for implementing this, It seems small compared to the rest of the update but this is big for me. Thank you so much !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @Koly™ if I remember correctly, you could set the zoom to have the full track but it wasn't fixed.

13. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Somehow, activating the fixed map option gave me the full map on screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Sounds of gravel, sand and squeaky metal body is something I'm a little short of.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Not only sound i think. The whole car shaking is awkward to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Code 60, safety car, formation lap

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    To be able to save out entire configurations on both the single event and practice screens. The option to save out opponent configurations is a great starting point, but it would be helpful to extend that to include anything you can set within that mode. - Car, track, all the options on the main screen (laps, damage, ToD) etc.

• Like Like x 2
  18. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    yeah, and you get gravel sounds when driving on tarmac, its a bit random :) the new tire sounds are good but other sounds need an update

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    There are already track limit penalties so why is this not applied to crossing the white line on pit exit?
    Would also like to see 24 hour day night cycles, and the ability to look up and down in the cockpit, we already have look left right. Multiple mandatory pitstops would be an interesting inclusion , time and laps combined for race length would be neat, us in rf2, same track evolution would also be nice looking forward to the rest of the menus being updated too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    The ability to finish qualifying lap if time runs out if hot lap was started prior to time expiring.

• Agree Agree x 1