Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    So its gone back to Dawn , Morning , Midday etc instead of the times 6am , 9 am and such ??

Also Ai on Adaptive dont seem to want to pass slow cars ! Its like there doing the old AC Ai thing where if a car slows they just play follow the leader for many corneres before one passes then the next waits and it continues like this :( Mixed grid with Touring classics , 92 DTM , Group 4 .

Edit: turns out it happens on fixed strength Ai (107) also , its kind of like a virtual safety car in F1 ! , i was driving (in race) down back straight of Moscow when the 3 cars in front of me suddenly slowed for no apparent reason , i slowed and followed only to find a car had spun past the second corner !! ( how did these cars on the back straight know this car 2 corners ahead was spun ??) When we finally passed this spun car it still took another 100 odd meters before we picked up our pace .

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Noticed same with daytime setting gone and back to prior update. Lol whats that? Hope sector3 preparing a night addition then before XMAS

3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    That is because of the latest change in the hotfix, we had some complaints that setting it to the last time was not resulting in a sunset, or depending on the track, could even result in the sun being quite high up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MatVitaL8

MatVitaL8 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you

5. MatVitaL8

MatVitaL8 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No, very good also the 2017-2018 cars. With some 2015 cars I have innatural ffb, but maybe is only my problem.

6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    White flag, thats how they know. you spun car sounds like what i described as a problem in Salzburg in the tech prob forum, see there.

7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    You can call me fanboy again! Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Finally weekend came and i have time to play. I had high expectations about update. I don't know what to say now....

Because all superlatives are already used by other guys! :) Fantastic, simply fantastic.
    It really is better than i dare to hope. Last time i had this much of fun to drive was when Power & Glory mod was released for GTR2.

R3e is now easily king of the hill of current simulators. Good times!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Danloki

Danloki New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep I (msportdan/lokid etc etc) joined as im liking rre again its getting great could do with a gfx overhaul and dynamic track but its getting there and the devs aren't giving up on this!!!

10. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I have solved the problem! I had an old version of Logitech Gaming Software... Download and installed the newest version and know the wheel range change automatically depending on car, and also the FFB improved a lot!

Anyway, thank you very much for everyone who gave a hand to help me!

Now, I need to discover good settings for my Logitech G29 wheel :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    So will it be fixed so it goes back to being able to choose the time?

12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    S3S, would you marry me?:rolleyes:

13. Bult

Bult Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I started from a new profile.
    I played with different settings a bit more but nothing I change is improving the FFB...at least not up to the standard from before.

14. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, are the new FFB more friendly with Fanatec wheels and unfriendly with the others? For what I see in the other threads of the forum, the Thrustmaster (me) and Logitech guys are not so happy.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  15. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I've always found that to be a strange quirk in Raceroom's own Raceway, or at least certainly in VR. - It's kinda locked to the headset orientation so that it rotates around behind the mountains as you tilt your head side to side. It's not something I found any of the other tracks to do though, before or after the update.

16. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Thrustmaster guy here and I am happy!
    I am not sure but do some of the problems people are having stem from the expectation that an improved and revised ffb should feel like they were used to? I mean after dialing in the per car strength and some getting used to the new feeling I think ffb never was as informative as it is now.
    Just to be clear from the start: I am not at all saying that some people don‘t have actual ffb-Problems, but maybe some of them are just a human response to changes, that take some getting used to.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Aside from the controller profile, is it possible that you have an existing car setup present? I forgot to clear the existing setup I had with the GTR3 Corvette and the feeling was horrible and the car uncontrollable and then it dawned on me I didn't load the default car set up. Once I did that everything was good to go. Just a thought.

18. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I'm not in the Raceroom boat anymore. Since this update the performance in my Rift s ist awful.

In my tests with 40 gt3 opponents on VLN Nordschleife, I cannot archive more then 60 FPS with lowest graphic settings. This is ridiculous.

Look at my PC specs. Before this update there where slight glitches on start down to 70/75 fps, behind the Mercedes arena was all locked on 80 FPS.

I really can't believe. And I can't believe it's me or my PC or that I am the only one.

It's sad after all the years, but now I'm not happy anymore. Fiddle the whole time with my settings made ACC unusable for me. R3E is next. Don't want to fiddle the whole time.

19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Did you have the time multiplier enabled? Setting it to 0 gave me 20-30 fps back

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your kindness, @DonArturo :) It's a rare spice in internet.
    I don't know. Seems that the new FFB is much less "crispy". It's "gummy". All little fine details are gone away. :( (T300, here :) )

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1